Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

First look: 2012-13 Select basketball cards

http://www.beckett.com/news/2012/12/...ketball-cards/

Select has returned.

Panini America announced on Thursday that it’s reviving an early 1990s creation — Select — and bringing it back on the hardwood.

The company revealed 2012-13 Select, will arrive in March with nods to the past Score brand and nods to a new line, Prizm, which launched late last month. The brand originally arrived back in 1993 with Score for baseball and then has been used throughout the years as part of the Donruss/Playoff portfolio of trademarks, which is now owned by Panini. It was last used in 2008 for a football set.

The newest product will include two seven-pack mini boxes per box with a total of four autographs, four Prizm cards and six more inserts.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rocksaysits420's Items on eBay

Looks like another crappy Panini product woth way to many rc autos and not enough star auto cards and it's going to be over priced and extremely hard to complete the set including inserts.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See beller20nba's Items on eBay

@rocksaysits420, I totally agree with you! I wish that for once they would make a product thats about current and legendary superstars, and where any rookie you hit is just an added bonus. All of these products are packed with an insane amount of scrub rookies. So far with this years panini products you really only have a serious chance to pull three good autos (Kobe, Irving, Davis) and they only value at around the price of 1 to 1.5 box.
    I would wish that for once they would make a product in the likes of UD Premier or Black. But i guess they dont have nearly enough stars under contract to make a product like that work (No Jordan, LeBron, Wade, Ewing, Barkley, Garnett, K.Malone, Duncan, D.Howard etc.)

Heck even Leaf understands it better, so far their products have had great chances at pulling a Pippen, Malone, Rodman or Lillard auto (even though its not in pro uni).

I'll pass on select.

SCF Rewards
    Country

@rocksaysits420, I totally agree with you! I wish that for once they would make a product thats about current and legendary superstars, and where any rookie you hit is just an added bonus. All of these products are packed with an insane amount of scrub rookies. So far with this years panini products you really only have a serious chance to pull three good autos (Kobe, Irving, Davis) and they only value at around the price of 1 to 1.5 box.
    I would wish that for once they would make a product in the likes of UD Premier or Black. But i guess they dont have nearly enough stars under contract to make a product like that work (No Jordan, LeBron, Wade, Ewing, Barkley, Garnett, K.Malone, Duncan, D.Howard etc.)

Heck even Leaf understands it better, so far their products have had great chances at pulling a Pippen, Malone, Rodman or Lillard auto (even though its not in pro uni).

I'll pass on select.

Panini may never get Mj or LBJ, however theres no reason they can't get the others u listed. By them not having other stars bosh, gay, melo, nash, gasol, etc they're making their other autos sell for way more than they should and making people not want to collect. I'll just stick to buying singles and pass on buying their crappy boxes.

SCF Rewards
    Country

MJ owns part of Upper Deck so UD would flood the market with Jordan autographs to stay afloat thus never going out of business and thus preventing him from signing for another company. The only way he signs for Panini is if they buy out Upper Deck. And man oh man whoever decided to latch Upper Deck onto Jordan was a genius because that's basically the only thing that has kept UD in business the past couple of years.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bendenham's Items on eBay

YES!!! Another Panini product with 100 rookie autographs this year, just what I was hoping for...

SCF Rewards
    Country

They should cut it down to 15-20, there's no need to have 50 of the 60 players drafted knowing more than likely that 50 of them are not going to make it in the league.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

The reason I will not be buying this or any other Panini product this year is because, to paraphrase TLC...

A scrub is a guy who thinks he's fly
    But he has no real future
    Always stinkin' up my box breaks
    And just sits on my trade list

So (no)
    I don't want your auto (no)
    I don't want to buy your card (no)
    I don't want to pull it either (no)
    I don't want none of your cards and (no)

I don't want no scrubs
    A scrub is a guy with lame cards from Panini
    I don't want my case hit to be
    Cause he don't get P.T.
    Wasting my good money
    I don't want no scrubs
    A scrub is a guy whose card I don't wanna see
    Filling me with with regret
    Cause he's all I get
    From a box that cost $103

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's awesome

BANNED

Country
    See jp999's Items on eBay

Wait 3 months like every other Panini product and you'll be able to pick up this stuff for peanuts. Another lazy Panini rehash, that Bird card is one ugly piece of cardboard.
    Last edited by jonpop; 12-09-2012 at 09:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast