Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Washington State officially legalizes marijuana

Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

it still ain't legal

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

No, it's not, but it is a step towards ending a useless prohibition. There's already people screaming for BC to do the same. Personally, I want to wait a little and learn from Washington's mistakes, but that's just me.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Legal per state law but not federal law. The state is pretty much telling the feds if you have a problem with it then come in and handle it yourselves. I wonder if the fed gov't who cant even make coffee will start doing federal stings to arrest marijuana users/dealers in Washington State.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Legal per state law but not federal law. The state is pretty much telling the feds if you have a problem with it then come in and handle it yourselves. I wonder if the fed gov't who cant even make coffee will start doing federal stings to arrest marijuana users/dealers in Washington State.

Problem is even state police have to up bold federal law or are supposed to anyway. Same deal with the medicinal marijuana in other states. What it is is a step towards the federal government mixing the federal law and leaving it up to the States which is what it should be in the first place.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Problem is even state police have to up bold federal law or are supposed to anyway. Same deal with the medicinal marijuana in other states. What it is is a step towards the federal government mixing the federal law and leaving it up to the States which is what it should be in the first place.

You are right the technically have to but they were instructed by their employer the state of Washington not to. So will the Feds come in and start arresting state and local officers for not enforcing federal law. If they can't even get things right in DC I doubt that they would have the time, man power or intrests in enforcing a useless federal law that the state already said that they are no longer going to deal with. It looks like the state of Washington is playing chess and Uncle Sam is playing checkers.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Which is why state legalization will eventually force the feds to give up on marijuana and let the states make their own laws regarding it, which is how I thought the US was supposed to work in the first place. The only federal law regarding marijuana should be regarding sales (tax, regulation, etc) or transport over federal border.
    It will take more than Washington and Colorado to do this, but they've voted to take the lead in the process. That's something that seems to be lost in today's politics. Allowing time for the process. Many pro legalizers want it done today and believe it will immediately take money away from gangs and etc, etc. It won't, but that will happen over time. Those against it want to see Washington prosper and deal with everything right away and be successful on the first try before they'll change their minds. That's wrong too. What needs to happen with this is open mindedness and a realization that all the problems won't be fixed right away and there will be bugs in the system to begin with. Now that they've officially legalized in WA though, watch them and see what happens. If they fail ask if it was the marijuana or the system they chose that brought it down. Medicinal marijuana is not working properly in Canada because the system is stupid, but the theories behind it are sound and, I believe, a new approach is needed. At the same time the system is working as designed and legalizing prescription marijuana hasn't caused any problems, even with the system being abused as it is.
    You all know me. I think WA and CO took the right step. I don't think marijuana should be illegal unless possessed by a minor. I think the medicinal marijuana movement is a veiled "outright legalization" movement, though I do believe in marijuana's pain killing ability and other medicinal properties as well. Studies have shown that 95% of the average pot smokers crime wouldn't be a crime if marijuana were legal. The other 5% is basic stuff you would find in the background of any group of people.
    I will still not go into WA to smoke pot. I don't want to end up in American federal prison. What I will do is watch very closely. WA doing this has a huge impact on my Province and, quite frankly, I thought Canada or BC and would do this first, but the US overall has taken huge steps we just haven't and have taken the lead in this area.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sp0odini's Items on eBay

States rights!

Basically the feds are going to turn the other way unless prompted to do something by the State. It's a bunch of wasted money to go after people in a state where it's legal.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I heard of something in Texas where they were trying to prosecute federal agents for doing things inside of the state of texas. I'm not sure of all the legalities but someone with a legal backround could give more insite but what about the state of Washington pretty much passing a law saying that it is illegal for police agency weather federal, state, or local cannot partipate in a sting operation w/o prior knowledge of local officials. Pretty much telling the feds off and telling them if the violate local laws harrassing marijuana laws they will be subject to arrest and prosecution.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

i think state and federal laws should be aligned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast