Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See keithman07's Items on eBay

I knew better than to get my hopes up after Tuesday's meetings. It's embarrassing to be an NHL fan sometimes. Even if the CBA does get settled, it's frustrating to know that within 5-7years we'll be stuck right back in another lockout.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Comcast Sports Boston- Ryan Miller and Jeremy jacobs got into a heated discussion. Jacobs is not well recieved in Boston, even with a recent cup.
    No deal.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

It's amazing to see how the lockout can shift so suddenly like a yo-yo. I watched Don Fehr last night make his first speech about how well negotiations have progressed and how close the two sides are. Feeling optimistic (again), I turned off the tv as I was getting ready to head out and then see posts on Twitter from the media saying that he is coming back to the podium. So I decide being a few minutes late won't hurt and Fehr says that the NHL left a voicemail and the NHL isn't happy and that everyone can pack their bags and leave New York.

After reading a few articles, from what I understand the NHL and the owners made a big push Wednesday night to get a deal done. If I'm reading into the owner's actions correctly, I think yesterday they were trying to send a message to the players by catching flights out of New York yesterday morning since a deal wasn't made the night before when they met. I also believe I read that Bettman wasn't wasn't involved in one of the meetings that were held later on yesterday as well. So with many of the owners having already left town and possibly Bettman missing the meeting, how would this be good for negotiations? I now wonder if the NHL is just playing games by giving the players a chance to get a deal done on Wednesday and now they retract their offers and wait another week or two before they all meet again.

Another thing that boggles my mind is: how the heck does Jeremy Jacobs seem to have so much pull with the negotiations? He should only be 1/30 of the vote and yet guys like Mark Chipman are told to ride in the back seat and shut up (which they tried to cover up a week ago).

SCF Rewards
    Country

Boy that escalated quickly, I mean things really got out of control!

Bettman was some kind of angry there eh?

Bettman is one of the leagues highest paid "players", of course he was mad about losing more pay cheques.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Another thing that boggles my mind is: how the heck does Jeremy Jacobs seem to have so much pull with the negotiations? He should only be 1/30 of the vote and yet guys like Mark Chipman are told to ride in the back seat and shut up (which they tried to cover up a week ago).

Length of service. He's been on the board of governors since the 1970's. He represents an Original Six team, one that brings in a lot of $$$ for the League. He's been a hard-liner who has consistently pushed for ownership to get as large a piece of the pie as it can, and because of that he's pretty popular with that inner circle. All of that adds up, even though he represents the "old guard"/"old boys club" that a lot of people would like to see go by the wayside along with Don Cherry and other dinosaurs.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HobbyInsider(37)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See 1967Leafsfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I think Bettman is dumber. Fehr has never lost, and he'd never resort to THE BIG SNIT like Gary just did.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Um, yeah Fehr has never lost...so if he "wins" again, the New York Rangers will be the next Yankee's and buy Weber and Nash and whoever they want for 20 M per, while 6 other teams fold, and only another 6 have a legitimate chance at winning the cup, year after boring year....Fehr Wins, but the NHLPA Loses 180 jobs, the NHL Loses its appeal, and the fans are treated to a bore fest like MLB.
    I would be seriously pissed too...Fehr is a blatant liar who only cares about an "ego victory" at the expense of Everyone else!
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Fehr is not the one that threw a CHANK, Bettman did. He needs to grow-up and put on his Big-Boy Panties.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

So, your saying the guy who is better at being emotionless is "the man"...sociopaths are excellent at showing 0 emotion because they have none ( no conscience) . My point, Fehr could care less about hockey what so ever, meanwhile, if showing passion and emotion is a sign of weakness, than Every player in the NHL must be wearing panties under their gear.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast