Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

NHLPA agrees to meet with owners on Tuesday

NHLPA executive director Don Fehr issued the following statement Sunday evening regarding a meeting between owners and players later this week:

“The NHLPA has agreed to a meeting on Tuesday in New York that should facilitate dialogue between Players and Owners. Neither the Commissioner nor I will be present, although each side will have a limited number of staff or counsel present.

“There will be Owners attending this meeting who have not previously done so, which is encouraging and which we welcome. We hope that this meeting will be constructive and lead to a dialogue that will help us find a way to reach an agreement.”

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...ers-on-tuesday

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See masonraymond0320's Items on eBay

Sucks that Jeremy Jacobs has to be involved, but on the bright side , the leafs owner is invited, and I bet he's desperate for the lockout to end..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

They need to get cameras into that meeting somehow... drama will ensue!

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

The silver lining....

I cannot see Bettman long term now. The owners have got to take into account his attitude, or lack thereof.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

its not nessicarily bettman tho..its what the owners want. edwards and jacobs.. id be more concerned about them than bettman.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

I agree Buttman is just a front guy for the Owners. I have written off the season. This is a joke with nothing resolved in all the meetings already.
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

i think there is hope only because itd be pointless losing a season over $180 million. I honestly think that the owners will accept the players' offer, once the time comes. the NHL is like the 5th most popular sport in the states, ahead of bowling......they cant afford a lost season, squabbling over money, that the nhl can make in no time.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See raf240's Items on eBay

Right now, I believe it's a greatly orchestrated return to the season, with Gary drinking slowly a 16 years old Lagavulin single malt with the satisfaction on his face.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Right now, I believe it's a greatly orchestrated return to the season, with Gary drinking slowly a 16 years old Lagavulin single malt with the satisfaction on his face.

nothing wrong with 16-yr Lag! lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See raf240's Items on eBay

Of course, nothing wrong!

Alternance is not bad either, a cragganmore 12 Yrs can be trusted with good faith. Maybe SCF deserves a scotch thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast