Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Sikeston MO begins pit bull roundup...WHAT?

To say the least i am livid at this type of behavior! Most of you know or will now know I am a huge on animals mostly Dogs. This is crap from a bunch back woods morons!

Sikeston MO begins pit bull roundup

A dog is as Dangerous as their own! Period!
    I hope a few people rounding them up get bit!

Where is your outrage ion this action? taking away people rights on dogs now?
    Last edited by MadMan1978; 12-07-2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

This is disgusting. As a former owner of two pitbulls I can atest that they are no more dangerous than they are trained to be. When my wife's youngest brother and sister would come to our house they would ride one of my pitbulls around the yard like a horse. At the age of 4 or 5 years old they would literally sit on her back and hold on to her collar and she would walk around the yard loving the attention and interaction.

I have been bitten numerous times over the years...by a chihuahua, a dashund (several times), a collie (a very bad bite I might add) and a golden retriever. In all of my years of owning pitbulls I was never once bitten by them and they never bit anyone else.

As far as I am concerned, this is a form of dictatorship. Telling people what type of dog they can own is just the tip of the iceberg. What next? Dictating what type of shoes they can wear? What type of food they can eat? where they can shop? This is wrong on so many levels.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Here in the south it is easier to get shot messing with a man's dog than it is messing with his wife.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

This is stupid. It's pretty much canine racism. I very nearly lost an eye as a child after an attack but it wasn't a pitbull. It was...

a

HOUSECAT!
    yet, I don't see anyone rounding them up for safety.

For the record, I love cats and have three.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Here in the south it is easier to get shot messing with a man's dog than it is messing with his wife.

As I read this I was thinking that I would probably end up in jail because I know I would "brandish" if anyone tried to take my pets.

This is stupid. It's pretty much canine racism. I very nearly lost an eye as a child after an attack but it wasn't a pitbull. It was...

a

HOUSECAT!
    yet, I don't see anyone rounding them up for safety.

For the record, I love cats and have three.

Dude cats are freakin psycho. They always go for the face! My daughter had a cat that was super-hyper and I was carrying it and it just freaked and clawed my face up.

For the record, we have one cat...I am a dog person.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I've now owned two cats that will not, under any circumstances attack a face.
    That is in addition to the dozens that would.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I currently have 3 dogs and 2 cats. I have a german sheppard mix, a valley bulldog (confused for a pitbull all the time) and a small duck trolling retriever. My valley bulldog is the most high-strung dog I have ever known. We raised him from a pup (he's 5 now) with the other two dogs and I would not trust him for a second. I firmly believe certain breeds of dogs are more dangerous than others.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I currently have 3 dogs and 2 cats. I have a german sheppard mix, a valley bulldog (confused for a pitbull all the time) and a small duck trolling retriever. My valley bulldog is the most high-strung dog I have ever known. We raised him from a pup (he's 5 now) with the other two dogs and I would not trust him for a second. I firmly believe certain breeds of dogs are more dangerous than others.

Undoubtedly, but does that warrant taking them away? If the government decided your valley bull was as bad as a pit bull, do they have the right to take it. Are you a bad person just for owning it? I'm guessing your bull hasn't attacked anyone. Why? I would assume because your a good dog owner. Absolutely they were bred for a reason, but I've seen enough pit bulls that were just big teddy bears to think the whole breed should be taken out.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Undoubtedly, but does that warrant taking them away? If the government decided your valley bull was as bad as a pit bull, do they have the right to take it. Are you a bad person just for owning it? I'm guessing your bull hasn't attacked anyone. Why? I would assume because your a good dog owner. Absolutely they were bred for a reason, but I've seen enough pit bulls that were just big teddy bears to think the whole breed should be taken out.

I'm on the fence with regards to banning breeds. As I said, my valley bull is high strung (as are most of the breed). 99% of the people that enter my home will cause him to pace back and forth in another room while wagging his stub of a tail and growling/barking all at the same time for 10 minutes. Eventually he will get close enough to receive a pat and calm down. The other two dogs, act like normal well-adjusted animals that cannot give/get enough attention from a visitor. I will add, he has never bit anyone, YET.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'm on the fence with regards to banning breeds. As I said, my valley bull is high strung (as are most of the breed). 99% of the people that enter my home will cause him to pace back and forth in another room while wagging his stub of a tail and growling/barking all at the same time for 10 minutes. Eventually he will get close enough to receive a pat and calm down. The other two dogs, act like normal well-adjusted animals that cannot give/get enough attention from a visitor. I will add, he has never bit anyone, YET.

How would you feel about aist of "dangerous" breeds. If you own one of these breeds, you must register it and, if it attacks someone the dog is taken away and you aren't allowed to own any dog of one of those breeds again?The blame needs to be shifted to the owners, not the dogs. How many pit bulls die having never actually attacked a person? How many attacks, especially on children, are provoked? How many of these dogs are being raised as attack dogs? How many aren't?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast