Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (69)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta

Should I replace redemption or wait

OK, so plenty of people have had the experience of waiting months for topps to send redemptions long after they should have arrived. So here is my story.

When the 2012 Topps Series One Jumbos came out I purchased a single pack from a freshly cracked box and pulled a Timeless Talents dual auto/patch of Nolan Ryan and Jared Weaver #'d/5.

Huge hit, I thought it was my lucky day.

Of course I was supposed to receive it in June and now its December with no light at the end of the tunnel.

So my question is should I keep waiting or ask for a replacement. If I do ask for a replacement, what should I expect? They said Topps works with Beckett to come up with an equal value, but the Ryan/Weaver obviously has no beckett value because of scarcity. I haven't seen any other ebay yet either, but I have seen Nolan Ryan and Verlander from the same set sell for as much as $600.

My hope was to get the Ryan/Weaver and sell it to an Angels fan with deep pockets, but should I take my chance with the Topps redemption replacement lottery?
    Hidden Content
    I only collect Twins, unless trading up for better trade bait.

Hidden Content

2. Wata Photo
    I would wait. Ryan and Weaver both will/should be easy signatures for Topps to get and continue getting in the future.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

HOUSTON POWER FOOTBALL
    Houston's Newest Pro Women's Football Team
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (69)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    I know. That's why I don't understand what has taken so long.
    Hidden Content
    I only collect Twins, unless trading up for better trade bait.

Hidden Content

Topps is usually pretty decent when it comes to replacing redemptions. I don't open a lot of wax, but a couple years ago I pulled a DJ Augustine black border auto from their Murad Basketball product. Instead of getting that, I got three packs of 07-08 Bowman Sterling and an Isiah Thomas auto. By far worth more than the card I was due to get. At the end of the day, it's up to you, but I'd wait. It's not like they can't give you anything. If it comes to them having to replace it, they will.

Wait

They will send you junk for the card because it has "no book value" so they can basically give you any no book value card in return. Whatever they give you will not be better. Just wait and force them to make the card.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I highly reccomend you waiting for the card you are supposed to receive. I have heard a lot of horror stories of people getting junk autographs when they ask for replacements.

Wait
    Bucket- Hidden Content
    Hamels
    Kershaw
    Starlin Castro
    (Under Construction)- Hidden Content

Wait for the card. These guys will sign.

If you do want something soon, you can ask for a replacement but ask for specifics.. ask what players, what card they would send, etc. If you aren't happy with what they send, continue to call and basically bother them until they make it right.

i would wait for that card.
    I myself have been waiting for 5 redemptions, 3 for more than 6 months. Nobody as big as Ryan though. 4 are baseball and 1 football.
    I had pulled a Mantle 63' Quarter redemption out of the Heritage and that came in about 8 weeks.
    I got a redemption out of the 2012 Leaf Metal Draft and it came within 2 weeks. Why can't Topps send out cards that fast?

Below is what i've been waiting on. The Shaffer and the Kendall Wright are recent as a few weeks ago. But, the 2011 Topps Finest Aaron Crow? ?
    2012Topps Finest Auto Jumbo Relic Rookie Green Refractor of Leonys Martin Pending
    2011Topps Finest Autographed Rookie Refractor of Aaron Crow Pending
    2011Heritage Minor League Baseball Real One Autograph of Nolan Arenado Pending
    2012Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects Bowman Chrome Auto Prospect of Richie Shaffer Pending
    2012Topps Prime Football Autograph Rookie Variation of Kendall Wright Pending
    Here is a some of my memorbilia collection.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast