Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See johnbull86's Items on eBay

Shipping to Canada from U.S. easier way?

everytime I have to ship to Canada now I have to use a form 2976 but the postal lady has to type in all of our information as well making everyone waiting in line furious and it's embarassing at time when I have more than one package, does anyone know an easier way? I tried using paypal but they will only do priority or express which is a minimum of $20.. any help would be appreciated (she has sent some as letters lately to speed it up but I'm afraid they're gonna come straight back to me)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (8)
    Country
    See billindallas75's Items on eBay

It costs money each month, but the little cost that stamps.com is worth not spending ages in lines at the PO.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

everytime I have to ship to Canada now I have to use a form 2976 but the postal lady has to type in all of our information as well making everyone waiting in line furious and it's embarassing at time when I have more than one package, does anyone know an easier way? I tried using paypal but they will only do priority or express which is a minimum of $20.. any help would be appreciated (she has sent some as letters lately to speed it up but I'm afraid they're gonna come straight back to me)

What?

My guys here in small town Oregon, Population 10,000 can enter a Customs Form, scan and stamp everything, in under 1 Minute per envelop. Tell her to get her thumb out.

Sheesh

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Maple Leafs
    See durangatang7's Items on eBay

Some of the postal employees are SLOWWWWWWW no matter how long they have been doing it. Some of very quick tho. I find it is hit or miss when I go to a post office.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Fill one out online, print it out, sign it and tape it to the package before you head to the PO.

https://cns.usps.com/go/ShippingInformationAction_input

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See johnbull86's Items on eBay

Fill one out online, print it out, sign it and tape it to the package before you head to the PO.

https://cns.usps.com/go/ShippingInformationAction_input

thats what the form is that you fill out before hand she still has to type it up, shes in her 60s and can't see, or work any of her equipment.....

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

when you print it out, there is a Post office copy that you give to the post office and they scan it and its in their system.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

She does not have to type a damn thing. She only has to scan the automated number. Those postal employees that are typing in stuff, are really not up so snuff. Once you fill out the customs form, all she has to do is the destination city, then scan it.

Extra steps for nothing.
    Last edited by centrehice; 12-07-2012 at 11:10 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

She does not have to type a damn thing. She only has to scan the automated number. Those postal employees that are typing in stuff, are really not up so snuff. Once you fill out the customs form, all she has to do is the destination city, then scan it.

Extra steps for nothing.

In the spring of 2012 the USPS made a change that scanning customs form is not good enough. ALL window clerks have been ordered to MANUALLY input the information from the customes form. Whether or not each postmaster makes them do it is another thing, but it is the rule. Scanning the barcode will not record the to / from address which the USPS deems necessary. Heck you cannot even drop international mail in the lobby. You MUST present it to a window clerk. Silly rule, but it is what it is.

The only way around it is a little shady and that is to claim your envelope only contains correspondance, which is technically a lie but. . . That way you don't need the customs form. I have done that with small "000" sized bubble envelopes and (knock on wood) haven't had a problem yet.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI(47)
    Country
    See dre2112's Items on eBay

In the spring of 2012 the USPS made a change that scanning customs form is not good enough. ALL window clerks have been ordered to MANUALLY input the information from the customes form. Whether or not each postmaster makes them do it is another thing, but it is the rule. Scanning the barcode will not record the to / from address which the USPS deems necessary. Heck you cannot even drop international mail in the lobby. You MUST present it to a window clerk. Silly rule, but it is what it is.

The only way around it is a little shady and that is to claim your envelope only contains correspondance, which is technically a lie but. . . That way you don't need the customs form. I have done that with small "000" sized bubble envelopes and (knock on wood) haven't had a problem yet.

If it's filled out online and printed, then they don't have to type in the information into the computer... they scan it and the information is there for them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast