Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See baseballislife1984's Items on eBay

Your LCS: Sealed Boxes Vs. Singles

I have been starting to go to more card stores in my area and I'm starting to realise that they most sell strictly boxes and packs with very little singles available.

A few weeks back I was at a local card store and I was sifting through a box when the owner told me that I couldn't buy those cards becuase he needed to list them on his website for someone. I couldn't believe this, even after I told him that I just wanted to look through so I could keep an eye open on the site for the cards I wanted. I was still not allowed to look through the cards. I thought this was pretty odd considering I would have purchased some of the cards on the spot.

Today I sent an email to another shop looking for 00-01 Titanium game gear singles and I got a response that the shop is not set up to do wantlists over email....I could not believe this response! You would think that they would want to make some money and take five minutes to quickly look.

Has anyone encountered these problems before at any shops in their area?

Is your local LCS mainly sealed product or do they have singles as well??

SCF Rewards
    Country

one of our local shops is called strictly singles... pretty sure they'll take want lists :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

one of our local shops is called strictly singles... pretty sure they'll take want lists :)

how do you contact them?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

This might be their facebook page :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stric...67723546609213

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Shop I go to advertises over 1 000 000 singles, so yeah they've got a pretty decent selection. There also very good at sifting through there many boxes to find the players your looking for. I went in looking for a Damphousse rookie, they looked up the year of the card, pulled out the box and gave me a pretty good deal on it. The only problem is they sell there cards according to bv so your unlikely to get the deals you can on ebay.

SCF Rewards
    Country

One LCS here in Calgary also tends to sell their cards on book value. I tried to pick up some singles and was astonished at the price. They would not even negotiate.

$10.00 for a common game used jersey????????????

At least I now know not to bother going to that store anymore!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See baseballislife1984's Items on eBay

One LCS here in Calgary also tends to sell their cards on book value. I tried to pick up some singles and was astonished at the price. They would not even negotiate.

$10.00 for a common game used jersey????????????

At least I now know not to bother going to that store anymore!!!!

I have been finding this to. Some stores are try to selling common game used jersey for HI BV. I wish Beckett would stop producing prices and we could go by actual sales for value

SCF Rewards
    Country

All the singles are at bv here as well, although you can haggle a bit you won't get anywhere near current sv.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 72bigcountry's Items on eBay

Love your avatar. RIP Dime

It's really suprising to see that so many stores sell by book value. Kind of depressing actually.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

My LCS owner doesn't own singles. Everything with the exception of his dollar boxes of random inserts is from other collectors who shop at his store. Anything his son does put up is up for grabs if it doesn't sell on eBay. Most of the listed stuff is older products that he's been sitting in for years and just wants to move.
    I collect Matt Dzieduszycki, Derek King, Pierre Turgeon (Isles only), Zigmund Palffy (Isles only) plus specific current Isles (mainly Wahlstrom, Dobson, Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock)

All photos/lists can be found here:
    Hidden Content

Please, no more offers for tradebait. I have enough of it as it is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast