Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question on 2001 Quantum Leaf Hardwear

I have been working on this set for a couple years now and am getting fairly close to completing it.

I have 24/30 (one is an auto that i would prefer to switch out for the non auto version, isaac bruce) I am missing steve young, john elway, jerry rice, torry holt, warren sapp, and tim couch.

i was wondering if anyone has any info on this set, i know some members have an immense amount of knowledge on the late 90's early 00's stuff.

specifically whether all 30 cards were made. i have seen versions of 28 of the 30. i have never seen warren sapp or tim couch. i did find in a completed ebay auction that the warren sapp was listed, but no picture was shown to verify.

if anyone knows anything about this set or has any leads on any of my remaining cards i would really appreciate the help. ( i know a young is on ebay, and an elway is on beckett marketplace)

thanks.
    Super Collector Hall of Fame Member: Ricky Watters
    Looking for GU Helmet Cards
    Photobucket:Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Not sure about the production and who was/wasn't actually produced. Beckett says...
    [Randomly inserted in hobby packs, this 30-card set featuers swatches of authentic game-used helmets. Each card is sequentially numbered to 100. The first 25-cards of some players were autographed.
    There is also one you need listed on Beckett.com: http://marketplace.beckett.com/item/...elway_51981613
    Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!
    Tradelist (FT or FS): Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by rchurchward View Post
    Not sure about the production and who was/wasn't actually produced. Beckett says...

There is also one you need listed on Beckett.com: http://marketplace.beckett.com/item/...elway_51981613
    yes i know about the elway, i used worthpoint to check what they have sold for in the past and single color elway sold for 25 while 2 color elways sold for upper 30s to low 40s. so im not ready to pay 100 for what seems to be a single color. i have been in contact with the seller though and he may be willing to lower his price after christmas.
    Hidden Content

I know the Steve Young auto version was a redemption,I waited over a year and had it replaced,don't know whether he ever signed or not.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by spuds1961 View Post
    I know the Steve Young auto version was a redemption,I waited over a year and had it replaced,don't know whether he ever signed or not.
    I have seen a few signed versions of young. Just got an email from the owner of the elway saying it sold, so that is disappointing...wasn't ready to spend 100 on a single color though.
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (19)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    I've seen sapp and I still kick myself for selling my ray auto, never seen another one since
    Hidden Content
    -BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR JULY 2006 ISSUE#196+NOV 2008 ISSUE #220 i collect Ed Reed,Ravens,Baltimore Colts+ nice stuff
    Hidden Content

I recall seeing a Couch before as well. Took me forever to find a Marino.
    Over 3500 Marinos with 330+ memorabilia cards (98 of which are auto'd)
    Hidden Content
    Marino Most Wanted:
    1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite

thanks for the responses, good to know those two have been seen...if anyone sees one im missing please let me know or even pick it up (i am willing to go $75 or less on probably any of the 6 im missing, prefereably less but if thats what it takes) and i will make it worth you while
    Hidden Content

UPDATE:

I have gotten the Warren Sapp and just purchased the non-auto version of Isaac Bruce. So I am down to just 4, Tim Couch, Jerry Rice, John Elway, and Torry Holt. If anyone has any information on any of the remaining cards I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.
    Hidden Content

Update:

I am now down to one!

The holt and couch came up on eBay within 2-3 weeks of each other and on Saturday the Elway was listed and I talked the seller into switching the auction to a BIN.

Jerry Rice is my only remaining one for the set. I would appreciate any help in tracking one down.

Thanks everybody.
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast