Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone not buying sealed products from stores due to lockout?

We're all angry about the lockout of course...people aren't gonna subscribe to their gamecentre sterams, I certainly don't plan to spend on the NHL directly (replica merch from Chinese vendors woooooot!) but what about hockey cards?

I usually just stick to buying commons used so I'm curious if anyone here is no longer buying hockey products which are sealed from a store like Walmart or even the LCS? And if you are still buying sealed products then are you only buying them from a place like eBay or kijiji etc?
    Buying: ITG Enshrined base cards: Hidden Content and similar base cards showing career stats for pre-60s retired hockey players

I generally don't buy wax anyways so I haven't been too affected on that front. I've been as active as ever with eBay buying/selling but I have noticed a bit of a drop-off in trading activity.
    Carey Price fan and collector - want your hard-signed autos!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 195 Unique Cards + 8 1/1's!!!

Im not going to touch a 12-13 product. If there are no rookies and the price is the same as last year then you will loose bad. I will buy 11-12 products most likely. If you look in the box break section very little 12-13 products were opened compared to usually. I know its early but certified wasnt opened and UD S1 wasnt as popular either.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, Ovechkin Autos & Rookies, Lundqvist and Kopitar Rookies

I may have bought less this far into hockey season than I did the last couple of years, but I'm still buying. Been through three boxes of UD Series 1 already, and may do another before I'm done.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (23)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    I've bought maybe about 20 sealed boxes, which is way down from usual years. It just isn't worth it. $104 for Certified for about $20 worth of stuff. I only buy because I don't want my LCS to go under.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    I opened several boxes of 2010-11 Certified since they were new to hockey. The last UD box was Victory in 10/11. I no longer buy either by the box, I only buy the singles. I have been breaking alot of ITG product and will continue since they do not have a NHL license.
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Flyers & Red Wings, Brodeur, Cujo, Giroux, Hasek, Nash & Shanahan, 2004-05 Franchises, 2011-12 Enforcers & Broad Street Boys, 2012-13 Motown Madness

The lockouts definately kept me out of the shops, I've only bought 4 packs of series 1. And that's the only 12/13 product I've touched. If the season is cancelled I see no reason to buy anything hockey related, it's not like there dropping the prices or anything.
    Last edited by Captain Habtastic; 12-07-2012 at 07:32 PM.

It may just be a change of habits but I have yet to buy a box for this season. That may change when History of Hockey is released. I still do get that itch to buy packs but have not been motivated to buy much except singles
    Collecting Jonathan Toews, Cody Hodgson ,Jaden Schwartz & Martin Jones
    #1 Want : 10-11 SP Game Used Letter Marks Toews "T" /50!
    Hidden Content /Hidden Content /Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I bought a box-and-a-half of OPC and a box of Score, they came out before the season was supposed to start, and it's cheap product. Then I bought a box of UD I cuz I needed something to do on a lil road trip. BUT THAT'S IT!! No more til there's hockey. ITG doesn't count tho :)
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content , you FAVORITED a complaint? Did you even read any of it???

Hidden Content Hidden Content We thought you were a Pierre-Marc Bouchard fan.

Not buying products due to Upper Deck being Richard Noggins for as far back as I can remember.
    Collecting many HOF Cards, Old OPC, Old Parkhurst, Old Topps.

Want List:Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast