Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Anyone not buying sealed products from stores due to lockout?

We're all angry about the lockout of course...people aren't gonna subscribe to their gamecentre sterams, I certainly don't plan to spend on the NHL directly (replica merch from Chinese vendors woooooot!) but what about hockey cards?

I usually just stick to buying commons used so I'm curious if anyone here is no longer buying hockey products which are sealed from a store like Walmart or even the LCS? And if you are still buying sealed products then are you only buying them from a place like eBay or kijiji etc?

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I generally don't buy wax anyways so I haven't been too affected on that front. I've been as active as ever with eBay buying/selling but I have noticed a bit of a drop-off in trading activity.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Im not going to touch a 12-13 product. If there are no rookies and the price is the same as last year then you will loose bad. I will buy 11-12 products most likely. If you look in the box break section very little 12-13 products were opened compared to usually. I know its early but certified wasnt opened and UD S1 wasnt as popular either.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I may have bought less this far into hockey season than I did the last couple of years, but I'm still buying. Been through three boxes of UD Series 1 already, and may do another before I'm done.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (23)
    Country

I've bought maybe about 20 sealed boxes, which is way down from usual years. It just isn't worth it. $104 for Certified for about $20 worth of stuff. I only buy because I don't want my LCS to go under.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

I opened several boxes of 2010-11 Certified since they were new to hockey. The last UD box was Victory in 10/11. I no longer buy either by the box, I only buy the singles. I have been breaking alot of ITG product and will continue since they do not have a NHL license.
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

The lockouts definately kept me out of the shops, I've only bought 4 packs of series 1. And that's the only 12/13 product I've touched. If the season is cancelled I see no reason to buy anything hockey related, it's not like there dropping the prices or anything.
    Last edited by Captain Habtastic; 12-07-2012 at 08:32 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It may just be a change of habits but I have yet to buy a box for this season. That may change when History of Hockey is released. I still do get that itch to buy packs but have not been motivated to buy much except singles

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I bought a box-and-a-half of OPC and a box of Score, they came out before the season was supposed to start, and it's cheap product. Then I bought a box of UD I cuz I needed something to do on a lil road trip. BUT THAT'S IT!! No more til there's hockey. ITG doesn't count tho :)

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Not buying products due to Upper Deck being Richard Noggins for as far back as I can remember.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast