Results 1 to 10 of 18
12-07-2012, 04:00 PM #1
SCOTUS to take a look at same sex marriage issue
12-07-2012, 04:14 PM #2
The feds should just get out of this fight and let the states decide. If you're considered married where you live, the federal government should consider you married too."He's gone crazy," "You have to snap out of it," "Take your meds," or, "Don't be such a downer" serve only to mock, belittle, and make light of mental illness. Such phrases only continue the negative stigma and keep those who suffer from getting help. If these phrases, or phrases like them, are part of your at-hand vocabulary, you are part of the problem. #STOPtheStigma
12-07-2012, 04:27 PM #3
Na, na, na, na.....na, na, na, na.......HEY, HEY, HEY.....GOODBYE!
I can't wait to see the faces of the extremists and homophobes when the SCOTUS does what every rational thinking person knows is inevitable!
Slowly but surely.....Change is coming to the U.S! (In a GOOD way)Logic and Reason is all you need.
12-07-2012, 04:53 PM #4
I saw this on another forum and thought it was hilarious and pretty clever....I want to share it here:
01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, mcdonalds, and air conditioning.
02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
03) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.
04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.Logic and Reason is all you need.
12-10-2012, 12:10 PM #5
You are going to see Hillbillies begin to lock-and-load. This decision is inevitable nationwide. I agree with Wickabee, it should be a State issue, that gives you the opportunity to move if you are a homophobe, but you will be moving a lot. Lol.
12-10-2012, 01:08 PM #6
I think it should be federal law, either way.
if we are doing it, lets do it!Jay Shrewsbury
12-10-2012, 01:15 PM #7
12-10-2012, 01:29 PM #8
It should NOT be a "state's issue".
Just like interracial marriage is also NOT a state's issue.
This is the way I would define marriage:
Marriage: The Union between two consenting persons regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, or social status.....it is legalized by the government and religions have absolutely NO power whatsoever in the legal status of any marriage.
This isn't hard, it's very simple......there isn't a single good case against gay marriage....not one!Logic and Reason is all you need.
12-10-2012, 01:43 PM #9
12-10-2012, 01:45 PM #10
And I'll add that the "regardless" bit is redundant because "persons" covers everyone regardless of their race, religion, etc, etc. They're still persons so, yeah, redundant."He's gone crazy," "You have to snap out of it," "Take your meds," or, "Don't be such a downer" serve only to mock, belittle, and make light of mental illness. Such phrases only continue the negative stigma and keep those who suffer from getting help. If these phrases, or phrases like them, are part of your at-hand vocabulary, you are part of the problem. #STOPtheStigma