Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Appropriate to send card through the mail to player's post career job?

Hi everyone, My name is Troy and I collect LSU and Saints autographs. I have built up a decent sized collection through purchasing cards on ebay, however there are some players who never had an autographed card produced. I am trying to get into TTM so that I can collect autographs of these players.

The question in the subject is relating to Matt Mauck, former LSU National Championhip Quarterback. Matt Mauck is now a dentist, and his practice is the only address that I can find for him. I was wondering if you all thought it would be appropriate to send a letter to his business?

Any help would be appreciated.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Cratch26's Items on eBay

Personally, I have never done it, but I have seen many people who have done so and received success in doing so. I think as long as your letter is respectful and you only send once, it would be fine. Just my opinion.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

I think it is absolutely appropriate. Most former players have more time post-playing, and some are happy to receive fan mail and reminders of their playing days.
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah not familiar with him, but I've sent to quite a few players through there post football job. Those addresses are usually good too.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys NULL
    Twitter: @@Mario78521 See Oxxon's Items on eBay

I have done it many times.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the help! I'll be sending out my first batch of cards this week. I've got about 15 saints and former lsu players. Wish me luck!

SCF Rewards
    Country

i've done it. same success rate as c/o home. some sign, some dont. if the business has a website and I can find the players email, i'll send a permission email first.

SCF Rewards
    Country

As long as you write a good letter, it doesn’t matter muchwhere you send your letter. Personally I think the person would like that you’resending to their work rather than their home address.

SCF Rewards
    Country

As long as you write a good letter, it doesn’t matter muchwhere you send your letter. Personally I think the person would like that you’resending to their work rather than their home address.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Best of luck on your mailing. I always like seeing what some of these college stars end up doing after they are done with sports. The trueth is that I have sent to players who have become car salesmen, insurance agents and even ministers with success via their work. You should be fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast