Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (19)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta

Need some input from mods, members .

Ok I like this site. I've meet a lot of nice people, made friends , added awsome cards to my collection , ect.., ect... I have a real bad taste in my mouth now. I've been suspended before for foul language. Which is crazy because I would use the first letter and then $&@+~ symbols for the others. They told me it was a kid friendly site so I was cool with that. Then I got suspended for 8 hour bumping. Then again for 8 hour bumping.
    Here's how it went down. I don't consider myself a trouble maker, I try to help new people , I'm active , I'm even doing the secrete Santa. I would like to think I'm a good board member and add to this place. So I made a topps chrome thread with all my ref, gu, ect... So I get a pm saying """ I would like to buy all the gu maybe 10 cards and 2 ref gu. I 100% want the reg gu and maybe the ref gu as well. Ill pm you in a hour or so and let you know.""" So I'm like cool I can make a big sale and get rid of them all in one shot. So I post on my thread GU PENDING. And that got me suspended for 3 days. WOW . Sad part was the guy pm ed about buying my gu, and in less than a hour wanted to buy them all and made the sale thread in the trade manager. So I was just telling people instead of getting post or Pms about the gu , that their probably gone. I 100% think that was not out of the line at all and 100% a abuse of mod power. I don't know if the mod doesn't like me, has it out for me. But I would like to hear from eveyone. I really feel bad for my secrete Santa guys. Again I'm sorry but don't feel I did anything wrong.
    Hidden Content
    -BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR JULY 2006 ISSUE#196+NOV 2008 ISSUE #220 i collect Ed Reed,Ravens,Baltimore Colts+ nice stuff
    Hidden Content

You can get suspended for labeling a card as pending?? I got the cards you sent me by the way. Thanks for that trade.
    I collect: Marbury, Jordan, Kobe, D-Will, AI, Durantula
    Chicago Cubs, Giancarlo Stanton, Randy Moss, Minnesota Vikings
    MY SITE:Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (19)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    I guess so because I did. He pm ed me about, so I still have that as proof, then made a sale thread in trade manager. So I posted gu pending so I didn't get a bunch of post or Pms about the gu and WAM 3 day suspension . Blows my mind . I could see if I was a big tool, trouble maker, ect.... But I like to think I'm a good guy around here but I guess others don't see it that way.
    Hidden Content
    -BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR JULY 2006 ISSUE#196+NOV 2008 ISSUE #220 i collect Ed Reed,Ravens,Baltimore Colts+ nice stuff
    Hidden Content

Yea, if I'm reading your post correctly, it seems that it's really ridiculous for you to get suspended for that. Also your correct about the mod abusing their power for sure.
    I Like: Russell Wilson, 49ers, Alfred Morris.

My Bucket: Hidden Content

Ricky, we do appreciate the contributions that you give to our website. You've been around for years and you've been an active participant in making this this best trading site on the net. However, that fact doesn't put anyone above the rules.

The bumping rule states that you cannot bump a thread before 8 hours has elapsed. A bump is considered a response in a thread that is not in direct response to another persons post in your thread. Had the individual posted your THREAD that he wanted all the stuff and you then said "GU PENDING", we'd have no issue. However that's not how it went down. In the future, instead of posting in the thread, just Edit the original post and put your "GU PENDING" in there and we have no problem.

We do appreciate the efforts you put in here but like I said, it puts no one above the rules. I'm a teacher and work my butt off for my students and their success. However, no matter my efforts, I'm still not above certain rules no matter how good of a person I am. We hope you understand this and understand that anyone, from you to the newest possible member, would have been hit with this infraction. Unfortunately for you, it's been an issue in the past (as you stated) so it resulted in your suspension.

If you wanna talk about it more, shoot me a PM and we can discuss it.
    Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!
    Tradelist (FT or FS): Hidden Content style="text-align: center;">Hidden Content

i guess i dont know either.i would have
    done the same.you sure dont need all
    those messages wasting your time.
    [must be watching your ever move]
    collecting LARDARIUS WEBB/RAY RICE
    webb-got 57 out 65 [2 1 of 1] 89%
    over 450 rice

Quote Originally Posted by gregb0411 View Post
    i guess i dont know either.i would have
    done the same.you sure dont need all
    those messages wasting your time.
    [must be watching your ever move]
    Really, you think we're that bored?

There's a nice function on our website that allows members (not MODS) to report any post that they see is an abuse of the rules. Look at the bottom of every post, it's a small triangle with an exclamation mark in it. When a member reports a post as a rule violation, they get sent to the MODS and then we take care of them. None of us do this full-time. None of us rely on this website for our well-being. We're volunteers. We have lives other than "watching your every move."

What reported posts tell us is that there are members here who know the rules and members here who don't.
    Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!
    Tradelist (FT or FS): Hidden Content style="text-align: center;">Hidden Content

Ricky is a good guy that I've known since back on the original Beckett site. In saying that its not one Bump that gets you suspended. It's happened multiple times which add up to that. I hope you can understand it wasn't anything personal.
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to all that I've dealt with!

I feel the Mods on this site have no idea how they can attract new members,nor how to treat current members. Its more than obvious with the continuous drop in traffic. I feel its a shame the people who "govern" this site are not more in tune with who traffics and frequents these boards.
    Over 3500 Marinos with 330+ memorabilia cards (98 of which are auto'd)
    Hidden Content
    Marino Most Wanted:
    1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite

unfortunately rules are rules and one person cant be treated one way and another be treated differently. i understand why they did it. what i would want to know is who reported you for it? if its mainly because people are reporting a person for it then someone must have been really spiteful or power hungry to "police" the boards. I dont blame the mods so much as i blame the person who reported you for that. that really is nit picking to an extreme. mods have to abide by rules set. if a rule violation is brought to them then they are obligated to act on it. I would be asking the question "Did a member report me for that violation"? My sugestion would be to pm rchurchward and ask him that if you havent already found that out. it seems like theirs silent police on this site that have nothing better to do than report people for minor issues just because it makes them feel like they have some sort of power. this is obviously speculation on my part, but the world is full of these kind of people and this site isnt immune to them. At the same time i think the mods should have some sort of recourse for these kind of members. Maybe they do; we dont know what goes on above our heads. it sucks but in this situation i would want to know who reported you for it, not who carried out the sentence. whoever reported you is the one i would watch out for and direct my displeasure at.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast