Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post 37 years later but hopeful to finish before i turn the 4-0!!!!!

Greetings:
    I have 2 years to finish this set before the big 4-0!!!!!!! and what is this set well.....I just started on embarking on the great Topps Test set that took place in Michigan thats right the 1975 Mini Topps set I got 462 more cards that remain on starting off yesterday I won't be placing it on my wantlists just yet but I am hoping I can cut it more down with 2 shows the next couple days today in Ft Wayne, Indiana and on Saturday Ill be in Mt Clemens, Michigan. I have my fullest thoughts Ill finish this set before it and if I do it before the big 4-0!!!!!!! it be a nice gift for me to enjoy. I already have the standard size set done got that for a great deal minus 30 cards at the time before I was 30 so this is my midlife set to accomplish and if your wondering I paid $40 for my set back in 1999. Well I like to hear from some of the younger collectors that would like to finish before they turn the big 4-0!!!!! and I also like to hear from some of the older ones as well what set would you like to complete before your next milestone B-Day. Thanks again and Ill keep everyone posted on my progress on this set since I am now on my way to Ft Wayne after posting this so take care all.
    Last edited by BSEBALLCOMMISH75; 12-16-2012 at 10:30 PM.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.

S.R.'75

Hidden Content

Good luck, bud!
    Joey Votto can run faster, jump higher, dive deeper, stay under longer, come up dryer and whip his weight in wildcats while gettin' kicked every fifteen minutes by a Zebra.

Hidden Content / Hidden Content

Greetings:
    Livin_OK thanks I am sure I am off already to a good start I can do it compared to other vintage set of the 1967s I been working on since 1990.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.

S.R.'75

Hidden Content

Remember age is just a number.....don't let it hold you back or depress you
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Greetings:
    I am not worried about turning the big 4-0 for 2 years from now. I am just looking forward to when I can accomplish in making this set and as of today I am lacking 351 left to go in the set not bad for just starting out on it eh!!!

S.R.'75

Hidden Content

I turned 40 this year. I just told people I was celebrating my 20th anniversary of my 20th birthday. Good luck with your sets.
    Collecting Baseball Rookie Cards.
    Hidden Content

Well said I will have to use that one

Quote Originally Posted by Redman5006 View Post
    I turned 40 this year. I just told people I was celebrating my 20th anniversary of my 20th birthday. Good luck with your sets.
    Instead of running away please feel free to counter offer my offers.A deal can always be made

My Bucket
    Hidden Content

I am 32 and just off the top of my head if I had to pick a set I would like to finish before I was 40 I would go with either 1968 Topps or 1963 Topps.
    Collecting:
    Cincinnati Reds Certified Autograph Cards
    Dayton Flyers Basketball Anything

Hidden Content

Good luck, I'm about to hit the big 3-0 in august.

Greetings:
    Thanks guys I am 353 away from completing my set at the rate I have started I might just do it but time will tell. Flyersfan you might have better chances at the 1968 set then the 1963s but good luck on which ever you descide to do.

S.R.'75

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast