Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Magazines about collecting

Hi,

I am collector of sport albums,stickers,and cards from Serbia.
    Here collecting cards is not recognized hobby. People collect only stickers.

I would like to learn more about cards.
    Is there any good magazine for collecting with tips and nice text ?

I appreciate your help people!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Are you looking for a specific sport? Most card collectors in the United States collect baseball or football (not soccer) cards so most information is going to be about them. I don't know if baseball books and magazines would help or not but a place like Amazon.com should have the most books, magazines, etc about collecting cards than probably any other place online.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

beckett
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks collectors.
    Of course I prefer soccer(football), but I think any precious information about cards would be good.
    I am trying to teach my nephew true values of collecting, and maybe with some nice book or magazine it can be great.

Do you know some names of the books, or magazines ? I heard of beckett, do they have only online magazine or also real one ?
    If anyone wants to exchange those kind of magazines I would appraciate it. I can find lots of things from Serbia connected to various sports (but only do not have baseball things).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Beckett does have a print magazine. The older becketts from 1990-95 are great collector's items and are great for IP/TTM autos.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Does anyone have any ?
    Or at least some sort of online scans of older editions ?

I am new at card collecting. My nephew got interested in cards, but I collected stickers for 20+ years.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You can get the Beckett magazine for baseball, football, basketball, or hockey in America but they contain very little information and only have newer card prices.

For baseball Beckett has a book called Basetball Almanac that has over 1000 pages and contains information, checklists, and prices of baseball sets going back to the 1800s. I bought one since I collect baseball and it contains tons of information. In the front of the Almanac it also covers the basics for people that are new to collecting. I don't know if you would want to go that route (they may have it for other sports as well I've never checked) but it costs like $40 on Amazon plus shipping. But if you buy an older version from like 2010 you can get it reduced and on sale. Be warned though they have a different magazine called something similar but it is not. It only has like 100 pages and costs like $25. It is basically a rip off compared to the other version and it has poor reviews on Amazon.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That sound pretty interesting.

Could you maybe tell me what kind of text is inside ? I am not that much interested in prices,and particular cards, but I would love to find some book/magazine which has info about, types of cards, storaging your packs, preserving them, restauration, and that sort of things.

Many thanks for your time and kindness everyone, I appreciate that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That sound pretty interesting.

Could you maybe tell me what kind of text is inside ? I am not that much interested in prices,and particular cards, but I would love to find some book/magazine which has info about, types of cards, storaging your packs, preserving them, restauration, and that sort of things.

Many thanks for your time and kindness everyone, I appreciate that.

most anything Becket will be price focused. The monthly magazines have a few pages in the front and back that are used to describe newly released product (checklists, box breaks, odds, etc) and they have some articles on players but even these are mostly price focused. I am not aware of any collecting magazines and books that focus primarily on the cards and not the values.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You are right, that is what was my impression as well.
    It is really strange that there is not any (At least so far) magazine focused on cards rather then the value. I know value is most important, but could it be that collecting is all about the value ?
    For me its about discovering funky,unusual cards(stickers,collections,etc), meeting new people, making exchanges, learning new ways of improving collection, being creative.

So I guess, the actual magazine, not price list, that I need, does not exist ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast