Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

Game-Used Collectors: Favorite Memorabilia Pieces?

Got to thinking about this today and thought it would be interesting to see what other collectors would pick.

My question is this: What are your top three favorite memorabilia pieces that have been used by any card company?

Maybe someone has used a rare jersey worn by your favorite player, or a piece of equipment that you feel is a significant part of hockey history. Many people may point out the ITG Vezina pads for example.

There are several known cases of memorabilia being linked to a milestone of some kind or being incredibly rare. Some that come to mind are Panini's Ron Francis "last game" Whalers jersey, the above-mentioned ITG Vezina pads, Upper Deck's 2005-06 Cup cards with game-worn Ovechkin and Crosby rookie jerseys, and so on.

I know that I certainly place more value on certain items for various reasons and cards with that particular memorabilia tend to be more important to my collection. If I know where something came from or when it was used it separates that card from so much of the unidentifiable drab that has been pumped out for more than a decade.

So tell me, what specific pieces of memorabilia can you simply not get enough of?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

An errant puck over the glass from a live NHL game! Than I want it autographed plus a stinky game worn jersey from my home team for coming back and paying to watch these guys play again ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bimola's Items on eBay

I'll add a couple:

ANY Bobby Orr GU jersey. Upper Deck had them offered in 2000-01 SP Game Used with 50 single patch cards and 50 dual patch cards with Ray Bourque They also have jersey cards in a few of their later sets. ITG has offered Orr game used cards throughout their sets including my top PC card which is a jumbo emblem card from Enshrined.

Jean Beliveau 1964(?) all star jersey featured in the Signature Swatch set from 2005-06

Ted Lindsay GU jersey offered in the ITG Superbox redemption cards. There is a jumbo emblem and a dual auto/ emblem card made.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Throughout their 2010-11 releases Panini used a Carey Price Centennial game jersey starring the 1909-10 jerseys. Habs only wore them in one game, they look great. They've also got his 2009 All Star Game jersey in a few recent releases.

One card that I would really like to get is a Patrick Roy Montreal glove card. As many die-hard Roy fans know, he named his glove "Charlotte" and who wouldn't want to get a piece of Charlotte?

I would like to get a piece of a Maurice Richard jersey one of these days as well. He's only the greatest player ever.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content