Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    oh and the texans offense can score and keep up with the pats and packers. the coaches just have to learn they cant play them the same way they play every other team. if they figure that out and change their game plan for the pats then they'll have a real chance at beating them. but they seriously need to do something cause what they did last night wasnt working at all lol
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

What's the evidence that thy can keep up? Texans are a strong team but they need to dictate the pace or they have no chance. They don't have the fire power to keep up with Rodgers and Brady if its a shoot out. If its a shoot out the best QB usually wins and in that case ill take my chances with Brady and Rodgers. The texans better take care of business. If they have to come up here in January I think they have little to no shot.

Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    oh and the texans offense can score and keep up with the pats and packers. the coaches just have to learn they cant play them the same way they play every other team. if they figure that out and change their game plan for the pats then they'll have a real chance at beating them. but they seriously need to do something cause what they did last night wasnt working at all lol

I agree the texans need homefield advantage. And if I had a choice I would not pick schaub as my first but I dont have that choice lol. Schaub is one of the most acurate passers in the league. Yes he had a terrible game. He is capable of much better and has done much better. He would have to be almost perfect to beat the pats. I didnt say it would be easy. Just that he could. Whether or not that happens is another story. He needs to shape up real quick or he wont get the texans very far. He had so many off the mark throws and thats not typical of schaub. If they play again in the playoffs and get the same results then the texans need to consider drafting a good qb or grooming yates. We will know in january what kind of qb schaub is.

Oh the evidence lol. He lead the league in passing in 09 and the texans had the #1 scoring offense in the league. He did it cause he had to. He threw for over 500 yards and 5 tds against the lions which is more than the packers were able to do. He has done it when he had to. He just didnt do it against the pats. So as I said he is capable of it. Whether or not he does it is another story. I wont label a qb based off one game. After all greenbay went one and out last year in the playoffs after going 15-1. They all have bad games. And schaub wasnt the only reason we got blown out. One int doesnt lose a blowout. The whole team sucked all around. Time will soon tell more than that one game did.

Also keep in mind the pats didn't have the best TE in football playing either.

Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    Oh the evidence lol. He lead the league in passing in 09 and the texans had the #1 scoring offense in the league. He did it cause he had to. He threw for over 500 yards and 5 tds against the lions which is more than the packers were able to do. He has done it when he had to. He just didnt do it against the pats. So as I said he is capable of it. Whether or not he does it is another story. I wont label a qb based off one game. After all greenbay went one and out last year in the playoffs after going 15-1. They all have bad games. And schaub wasnt the only reason we got blown out. One int doesnt lose a blowout. The whole team sucked all around. Time will soon tell more than that one game did.

Yeah I know. We were missing 2 of our top 4 corners and 3 of our top 5 linebackers, but that isnt an excuse for that loss. I would make it easy and just become a pats fan, but their cards are too expensive : )

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    First, I didn't say they haven't played ANY playoff teams, just not many.

- They beat the Broncos by 6 points when Peyton had only played two full games in a new offense after missing an entire season. Yes Peyton passed for 330 yards and 2 TDs, but he only completed 50% of his passes and the Broncos defense was not playing like it is now. In other words, they did not play the Broncos with the Broncos playing the way they have played the last 6 or 7 weeks. If they face the Broncos in the playoffs I imagine it will be a vastly different result.

- They beat the Ravens. Big deal. The Steelers beat the Ravens with no running game and our 3rd string QB starting. The Ravens are a decent team, but nobody is mentioning them as a top playoff team for a reason.

- The beat the Bears. This is the one playoff team that I consider it to have been a good game for them. Their defense played well, but like last night their offense sputtered.

Look, I am not saying the Texans are a bad team. They clearly are not. But they also are clearly not what you expect an 11-1 team to be either. They have taken a solid whipping from the Patriots and Packers, two of the top playoff teams in the NFL. An 11-1 team should be very competitive against teams like the Patriots and Packers, not giving up 40+ points.

to add more to that the Ravens also play dramatically worse when they are on the road compared to home. Home they are a playoff team, road they are mediocre at times. The Broncos as stated before was Peyton Mannings 3rd game back and actually was his rebound game after throwing three picks the previous weekend to Atlanta. Chicago as we have seen is another hot and not team...also didn't Jason Campbell play most of that game with Cutler being injured??

Their record before the Patriot beatdown was 11-1 but that includes games where they needed overtime to beat Jacksonville and Detroit

Ok well here are the facts. The best team the pats beat before the texans game was the broncos at the begining of the season. They lost to the ravens, cardinals, and seahawks. And won in over time against the jets. The texans have played better teams and more of them. The fact is the texans got steam rolled by the pats. We played horribly and the pats played very well. If anybody wants to make comparisons then it needs to be on that game alone. It was a regular season game. If/when they play again in the playoffs then we can rejudge what happens. Texans had a bad game. Anybody that has watched them this season would know they are a better team than what they played. One regular season game doesnt define a team at this point. Theres still 3 games left and the playoffs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123