Poll: Who wins 2012 MVP?

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Who do you think wins the 2012 NFL MVP?

Who you got (at least up through now)? Why?

I just put a few guys who could be considered "front runners" so feel free to throw another name in the ring...

Collecting PEYTON MANNING, CAL RIPKEN JR, AUSTIN COLLIE AND CURRENT COLTS
    **IN THAT ORDER, PEYTON TAKES PRIORITY**

Gotta be Peyton Manning. Coming back from an injury, switching teams, and he still is 5th in yards, 2nd in TDs, 3rd in passer rating and leading the Broncos towards a first round bye in the playoffs and helping them be (in my opinion) the top contender for winning the Super Bowl.
    Last edited by duane1969; 12-10-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

I think Peyton and Peterson should be Co-MVP's. I hope, but I am biased.
    I collect: Marbury, Jordan, Kobe, D-Will, AI, Durantula
    Chicago Cubs, Giancarlo Stanton, Randy Moss, Minnesota Vikings
    MY SITE:Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

My initial thought is RGIII, but then I thought they might not give it to a rookie. Of course, we never thought they'd give a Heisman to a freshman either...

My vote went to Peterson. It's just unreal what he did coming back of that injury that was so devastating and running better than he ever has before. It would be one thing to do it on a team where the offense is balanced, but on a team where you are practically the entire offense, it's impressive that he still dominates when every defense has 1 goal: Stop AP.
    Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!
    Tradelist (FT or FS): Hidden Content

P.Manning
    I collect Montee Ball, Denver Broncos, Russell Wilson, Mike Glennon, Chris Borland, Brett Smith
    Hidden Content Hidden Content /Hidden Content

Tom Brady, the only thing against him is he doesn't have a narrative like Peterson or Manning.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

I am the lone vote for Andrew Luck so far. The team gutted the roster, a roster that went 2-14, brought in rookies at TE, not much help beyond Reggie Wayne, are using Vick Ballard as their starting RB, have nothing on D besides Robert Mathis and sometimes Darius Butler, and the kid has led this team to a 9-4 record, with SIX of those wins 4th quarter/OT comebacks?!

Yeah, he throws picks, but he will also shatter 4,000 yards, leads the team in RUSHING touchdowns with 5, and has made guys like Donnie Avery and T.Y. Hilton look good. Sounds to me a bit like a younger, more mobile version of his predecessor, and that seemed to work out OK too...

I have to put Peyton as #2, because his team is going back to the playoffs and the stat line is business as usual for him, with AP coming in at #3. When they load 9 men in the box, Ponder is your QB, with no Percy Harvin, and you lead the league by over 300 yards in rushing, on pace for almost 2K... sheesh. With all due respect to Tom Brady, I have him 4th right now just because his narrative is... well... the same. He's damn good. His numbers are great. They Pats are winning. I've seen this before... His numbers aren't Randy Moss-season eyepopping, and their record isn't leading the league. So yeah, 4th, for what could be, in any season, an MVP year.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content (finally organized!) and Hidden Content
    Current Project: 2013 Golden Age Minis Master Set: 683/750 cards (91.1%)

SCF's Resident BOISE STATE Collector
    Matt Ware & Justin Cobbs Super Collector

I think you make a valid point about Luck. I hadn't really looked at numbers, but the Colts D has not improved much (25th last year, 23rd this year) and their running game haas only slightly improved (26th last year, 22nd this year), so the difference between a 2-14 team last year and the 9-4 team of this season really has been Luck.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

I respect what Luck has done, but its going to be Payton Manning or AP. Brady's looking in. If the Viks make the Playoffs then AP for sure. Thats the only thing holding him back, but if he hits that 2000 yd make then how could you not give it to him. Luck has thrown to many INT, but Rookie of the year for sure. Manning will win comback player hands down. We really won't know for a couple more weeks. It depends on If NE wins homefeild advantage. We got a close one this year!!!!! last 100 meters and we got a sprint to a photo finish.
    LOOKING FOR 2007 MICHEAL VICK REFRACTOR TC111 HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

********* READ THIS *******
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

why does coming back from an injury make a player more valuable than another player. that's what the come back player of the year award is for. not sure that factor should be considered but that's just me.
    Banner For BucketHidden Content
    Looking For: Gronkowski, Brady, 2011 Certified

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast