Poll: Who wins 2012 MVP?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 83
  1. #31
    my response to that is that he throws to what he has. if he had a good deep threat he throws deep. because he doesn't force things shouldn't be a knock on him. 2007 goes to prove he can and will throw deep when it's available. what makes brady a great qb is that he puts the ball where it needs to be and allows his play makers to run after the catch and that he doesn't force things. how many qbs do you see that throw behind their receiver or in a spot that doesn't allow for YAC?

    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    Just my .02, but the knock on Brady for me is the fact that he rarely throws a pass more than 10 yards down field. Over the last 6 seasons no WR has more catches than Welker, but he gets no credit for it because of the type of offense he is in. The same disclaimer should apply to the QB that is throwing all of those short dump-off passes.

    Everyone bashes on Wes Welker because even though he has 100+ catches every year he only averages 10 or 11 yards per catch...well, he catches what Brady throws. If Welker catching 120 passes isn't a big deal because he only averages 10 yards per catch then Brady shouldn't be called a great QB for throwing for 5000 yards because he threw 500 10 yard passes either.
    Banner For BucketHidden Content
    Looking For: Gronkowski, Brady, 2011 Certified

  2. #32
    Anybody who is IMPARTIAL can watch Brady and Manning play and clearly see that Manning is better. It is clear that Manning has something that no other QB has. The arguments will always be there because of stats and super bowls and frankly an east coast media bias. Brady does a lot of dinking and dunking. Simply put, Brady wouldnt be Brady without his coach and his team. Marvin Harrison, Tony Dungy, Jeff Saturday, Dallas Clark, Brandon Stokely, Eric Decker, on and on and on wouldnt be names I could remember without Manning...Maybe marvin harrison, but he would be about as memorable as Lee Evans or some other good reciever that never really stood out over everybody else. Thats just reality. Brady has wins and he plays in a big city in the northeast. He is certainly better than Namath and Bradshaw, but those are two examples of good QBs that are great legends in NFL history because of where they played and not how they played. Again, Brady is much better than them, but... If they were the Jacksonville Patriots, it would be common knowledge that Manning is the best QB of this era and probably ever. Its certainly clear that Manning is more valuable this season and any other season.
    Here is a Link to my Photobucket PC and trade stuff. Hidden Content

    Here is the link to my set Needs List.
    Hidden Content

  3. #33
    So players like Deion Branch, David Givens, Dan Koppen, Matt Light and Troy Brown are hall of famers? every elite qb will make the players around him better. Yes Brady throws a lot of dink and dunk passes. he takes what the d gives him and doesn't force anything. i would think 2007 would go to prove beyond any doubt that he can throw the long ball when it's available. why force something long when it's not there like qb's like Favre? what is it exactly that manning has that no other qb has? it's it his ability to change plays at the line. pretty sure most of the elite qb's do that. is it his ability to read a d because again i'm sure all the elites can do that as well. is it all the garbage he yells out that mean nothing before the snap...i'll give you that one. no one was calling belichick a hof coach before he got to the pats and had brady so it is the coach that makes the qb or is the qb that makes the coach? and the last comment about playing in the NE, NE was garbage before and no one cared about for a long time because they were aweful. i don't see how where you play has any bearing on anything. Manning is a great QB but to write ofF brady is just......

    Quote Originally Posted by Titantron View Post
    Anybody who is IMPARTIAL can watch Brady and Manning play and clearly see that Manning is better. It is clear that Manning has something that no other QB has. The arguments will always be there because of stats and super bowls and frankly an east coast media bias. Brady does a lot of dinking and dunking. Simply put, Brady wouldnt be Brady without his coach and his team. Marvin Harrison, Tony Dungy, Jeff Saturday, Dallas Clark, Brandon Stokely, Eric Decker, on and on and on wouldnt be names I could remember without Manning...Maybe marvin harrison, but he would be about as memorable as Lee Evans or some other good reciever that never really stood out over everybody else. Thats just reality. Brady has wins and he plays in a big city in the northeast. He is certainly better than Namath and Bradshaw, but those are two examples of good QBs that are great legends in NFL history because of where they played and not how they played. Again, Brady is much better than them, but... If they were the Jacksonville Patriots, it would be common knowledge that Manning is the best QB of this era and probably ever. Its certainly clear that Manning is more valuable this season and any other season.
    Last edited by BradyToMoss; 12-14-2012 at 02:54 PM.
    Banner For BucketHidden Content
    Looking For: Gronkowski, Brady, 2011 Certified

  4. #34
    Comeback Player of the Year: Peyton Manning
    Offensive Player of the Year: Adrian Peterson
    Most Valuable Player: Tom Brady

    Not sure how Manning is even in talks about being MVP. The Broncos were a playoff team a year ago with Tebow as their quarterback, they should be playoff contenders again with a future HOFer as their quarterback. The MVP award doesn't take in account past individual performances or struggles, voters look only at what the players have done this year and how they have impacted their teams. I think it is great what Manning has done this year coming back from injury, but that is what the Comeback Player of the Year award is for.

    - On a side note, I'm confused on how anyone can say the Broncos are Super Bowl contenders. Sure they're 10-3 and in a commanding league in their Division, but it must be tough playing the Cheifs, Raiders, and Chargers all twice a year. Looking at their schedule, they have only played a total of three playoff teams this year, and have lost in all three contests. I wouldn't be surprised if Manning is knocked out of the playoffs before Tebow was a year ago.

    Peterson is the most exciting player in the NFL. Period. He makes things happen that no other players can. Unfortunately, not making the playoffs will hurt his MVP candidacy. I think he should have no problem winning the Offensive Player of the Year award.

    Brady is Brady, and Brady is the Most Valuable Player in the NFL.

    - Maybe I am biased, but I am not blinded by meaningless records and heroic comebacks.
    Last edited by Gold Inspector 25; 12-14-2012 at 05:01 PM.


  5. #35
    Right. Like I said. IMPARTIAL!! meaning somebody who doesnt have a picture of Brady under and or in their user name. lol
    Here is a Link to my Photobucket PC and trade stuff. Hidden Content

    Here is the link to my set Needs List.
    Hidden Content

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Titantron View Post
    Right. Like I said. IMPARTIAL!! meaning somebody who doesnt have a picture of Brady under and or in their user name. lol

    I presented counter arguments. It's very difficult to argue against yours.
    Banner For BucketHidden Content
    Looking For: Gronkowski, Brady, 2011 Certified

  7. #37
    Just because he's a fan of Brady doesn't mean he can't weigh in and counter your arguments. That's like saying if you're from Indiana or Tennessee you can't weigh in either...
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to all that I've dealt with!

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Titantron View Post
    Anybody who is IMPARTIAL can watch Brady and Manning play and clearly see that Manning is better. It is clear that Manning has something that no other QB has. The arguments will always be there because of stats and super bowls and frankly an east coast media bias. Brady does a lot of dinking and dunking. Simply put, Brady wouldnt be Brady without his coach and his team. Marvin Harrison, Tony Dungy, Jeff Saturday, Dallas Clark, Brandon Stokely, Eric Decker, on and on and on wouldnt be names I could remember without Manning...Maybe marvin harrison, but he would be about as memorable as Lee Evans or some other good reciever that never really stood out over everybody else. Thats just reality. Brady has wins and he plays in a big city in the northeast. He is certainly better than Namath and Bradshaw, but those are two examples of good QBs that are great legends in NFL history because of where they played and not how they played. Again, Brady is much better than them, but... If they were the Jacksonville Patriots, it would be common knowledge that Manning is the best QB of this era and probably ever. Its certainly clear that Manning is more valuable this season and any other season.
    sorry man, you lost me when you said marvin harrison would be lee evans without peyton manning. Your logic goes both ways. You can't give manning all the credit for making others great but then say brady gets no credit for making others great. How has belichik done throughout his career without brady?

    Also, I stand by it, tim tebow took this broncos team to the second round of the playoffs. Why is what manning is doing so impressive?
    (not saying he doesn't deserve consideration, just unclear why people act like the broncos were a 2-14 team last year without peyton)
    bucket:Hidden Content

    Wants: Anything mma as well as nice texans patches

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Titantron View Post
    Anybody who is IMPARTIAL can watch Brady and Manning play and clearly see that Manning is better. It is clear that Manning has something that no other QB has. The arguments will always be there because of stats and super bowls and frankly an east coast media bias. Brady does a lot of dinking and dunking. Simply put, Brady wouldnt be Brady without his coach and his team. Marvin Harrison, Tony Dungy, Jeff Saturday, Dallas Clark, Brandon Stokely, Eric Decker, on and on and on wouldnt be names I could remember without Manning...Maybe marvin harrison, but he would be about as memorable as Lee Evans or some other good reciever that never really stood out over everybody else. Thats just reality. Brady has wins and he plays in a big city in the northeast. He is certainly better than Namath and Bradshaw, but those are two examples of good QBs that are great legends in NFL history because of where they played and not how they played. Again, Brady is much better than them, but... If they were the Jacksonville Patriots, it would be common knowledge that Manning is the best QB of this era and probably ever. Its certainly clear that Manning is more valuable this season and any other season.
    This might be the most ignorant thing I have ever read. Manning has played with Marshall Faulk, Marvin Harrison, and Reggie Wayne. All were stars prior to being teammates with Manning and their status didn't improve tremendously because of Manning. The only star Brady has ever gotten to play with was Randy Moss and in that one year, both players broke their positions touchdown records and went 18-1. Also because of that year, Moss went from being considered a great WR to one of the greatest ever. Brady also turned Deion Branch into a Super Bowl MVP, and look what happened to him when he went to Seattle... Manning has always had gifted players around him, you say that "Brady does a lot of dinking and dunking" primarily because he has never had any deep threat receivers other than Moss. Look at their receiving core now, just bunch of quick little scrappy players who are slot receivers at best on other teams in the league. Brady has to read the defense every pass play, he doesn't have the option to throw the ball up to Demaryius Thomas and hope he comes down with it...


  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    Everyone has made some valid points. I decided to go looks at the list of MVPs and see if there are any trends. I just looked at the MVPs from 1990 to now since I think we all can agree that rule changes have made the game much different in the last 20 years or so and changed the stats that offensive players can achieve. I found some of this interesting.

    One thing I hadn't considered is a co-MVP. It happened in 1997 with Favre and Barry Sanders, it happened in 2003 with McNair and Peyton. Considering what everyone has said, I think we may end up with a co-MVP situation in 2012 with any two of Peyton, Brady and AP being named.

    Of the 24 players to win MVP since 1990...

    - A QB has been named MVP 17 times (70% of the time).
    - A RB has been named MVP 7 times.
    - Of the 7 RBs to be named MVP, two were 2000 yard rushers (Barry Sanders '97, Terrell Davis '98) although 4 RBs rushed for 2000 yards during the 1990-2012 period. Jamal Lewis did it in 2003, but he only scored 14 TDs and was on a Ravens team that wasn't very good and wasn't much of a Super Bowl contender which hurt him. Chris Johnson did it in 2009, again only scoring 14 TDs and again on a pretty mediocre 8-8 team which most likely hurt him in the voting.
    - Of the 5 non-2000 yard rushers to be named MVP, they all had accomplished some other significant feat. In 2005 Shaun Alexander set the single-season rushing TD record at 27, in 2006 Ladainian Tomlinson broke Alexanders 1 year old record with 28 TDs, in 1993 Emmitt Smith led the NFL in rushing for the 3rd consecutive season, in 1991 Thurman Thomas led the league in yards from scrimmage for the 3rd consecutive year, and in 2000 Marshall Faulk led the league in TDs scored (26) while having his 3rd consecutive season of 1400+ yards rushing and 80+ receptions.

    So in essence, based on historical patterns, unless a RB has a monumental season or is in the midst of a series of several consecutive years of being the most dominant RB in the league, the MVP award will most definitely go to a QB.
    if AP doesnt get to 2000 yards he'll be rediculously close. the fact that he's done what he's done under the circumstances and been the main reason for the vikings having a chance for a playoff spot its gonna be hard for people to overlook that. i think the only thing that will sway it is peyton and if the vikes make it to the playoffs. if the vikes make it then i could deffinately see peyton and AP getting co-mvp honors.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •