Poll: Who wins 2012 MVP?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Belichick. its a plug and play system. find the right player to put in the right spot and it works. its been the same since he's been there. regardless of what oc has been on the team. they play the same and get similar results year in and year out. most teams build around certain players to make the team work. the pats find the right players for the position and put them in it. cassel is the prime example of this. whether its qb or otherwise.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    Belichick. its a plug and play system. find the right player to put in the right spot and it works. its been the same since he's been there. regardless of what oc has been on the team. they play the same and get similar results year in and year out. most teams build around certain players to make the team work. the pats find the right players for the position and put them in it. cassel is the prime example of this. whether its qb or otherwise.
    I guess the same can be said for Kubiak and Shanahan. Plug a RB in and they put up 1,000 yards. Who are the "elite" QBs that could translate to any system in your opinion?
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to all that I've dealt with!

if peterson breaks dickersons record which i think he will it should be ap, he is the single reason the vikings are in playoff contention and by the way he tore 2 ligaments less than a year ago and missed only 1 game.

oh and guys like watt and aldon smith deserve consideration as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bradyfanatic1224 View Post
    I guess the same can be said for Kubiak and Shanahan. Plug a RB in and they put up 1,000 yards. Who are the "elite" QBs that could translate to any system in your opinion?
    yes thats right lol. thats why they had 4 different backs run for 1000 yards in what 5 seasons i think. with the texans it takes a certain kind of back. look at steve slaton. he ran over 1k yards his rc year then was horrible after that. foster and tate are really good backs, but foster cant pound the ball in the middle. tate can and is actually a more rounded back than foster. i wish they would have kept tate and traded foster, but they married foster so tate will go to another team next year. as far as qbs that can run any system here's my list, aaron rodgers, drew brees, peyton manning, ben roethlisberger, (i think he is the biggest simply cause he improvises so well), matt flynn (i know he's not a starter, but what little he played in seatle he ran their offense just as well as wilson did) matt stafford. luck and wilson are possibilities but the jury is still out on them since they just got in the league. those are the ones off the top of my head. im not saying brady wouldnt have been a good qb somewhere else. im saying he wouldnt be as good as he is today. he wouldnt be considered the best qb in the nfl if he wasnt with the pats. him being with the pats is what makes him great.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNati#22 View Post
    if peterson breaks dickersons record which i think he will it should be ap, he is the single reason the vikings are in playoff contention and by the way he tore 2 ligaments less than a year ago and missed only 1 game.

oh and guys like watt and aldon smith deserve consideration as well.
    unfortunately mvp isnt ususally given to someone who isnt on a team that goes to the superbowl. vikes will be hard presses to make the playoffs, but i voted for AP and i think it will take him breaking the record to get serious votes for mvp dispite what all else he has done. i think watt and smith deserve consideration as well. 49ers are a more complete team than texans so smith isnt getting as much attention because they have such a great defense. watt has impacted the texans d more so. if the niners or texans win the sb then i think one of those 2 could very well get mvp

Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    unfortunately mvp isnt ususally given to someone who isnt on a team that goes to the superbowl. vikes will be hard presses to make the playoffs, but i voted for AP and i think it will take him breaking the record to get serious votes for mvp dispite what all else he has done. i think watt and smith deserve consideration as well. 49ers are a more complete team than texans so smith isnt getting as much attention because they have such a great defense. watt has impacted the texans d more so. if the niners or texans win the sb then i think one of those 2 could very well get mvp
    Rodgers didnt make the Super Bowl last year...
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to all that I've dealt with!

thats why i said ususally . rodgers brady and peyton will always get attention for mvp

I'm just wondering why Tom Brady seems to be the only QB who is judged differently for being a "system QB". EVERY QB is a product of their system, to some degree. Matt Cassel while he did do a fine job when Brady got hurt, it's not like it was the only good season he ever had. Granted he stinks now, but in 2010 he threw 27 TDs to 7 INTs and the Chiefs went to the playoffs.

Besides, being a "system QB" has nothing to do with being the MVP for 2012.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

Adrian Peterson "ALL DAY" I could only imagine how good the Vikings could be if they had Alex Smith or a QB who was consistant. Everybody knows what the Vikings are going to do and they still have a tough time stopping AP. That is a lot said in the NFL when you know what they do and they still cannot stop it. Over the last three weeks his big plays have been either through breaking tackles or bouncing out. I have to give they Vikies O-line credit, with AP in the backfield if you just stay with your blocks he will get his yards, but seriously he is getting his yards with 8 and even 9 guys in the box. Amazing!!

I don't see AP getting Dickerson's record. The Texans have the #5 run defense and will be keying on AP. The Packers "only" have the #14 run defense, but their offense puts up big points and will force the Vikes to throw too much for AP to run the ball 30 times. He will need to average 146 over the next two games...doable, but I don't see it happening. Even if he does get the record, his low number of touchdowns and the Vikings status as a mediocre team will hurt his chances at MVP. If simply breaking a record was enough then we should be talking about Calvin Johnson too who is almost definitely going to break Jerry Rice's single-season yards record.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast