Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

Yes, some do.....most don't.

====================

I'm going to make my beliefs fully known, and I'm not going to fight about concepts which are crystal clear to define and understand, playing semantics and word games is a typical tactic from ignorance and one which I am very tired of arguing on.

Before anything I am a Skeptic.

I wasn't always skeptical, but I turned into one when I finally started looking into my christian beliefs.

My Skepticism eventually lead to my rejection to any and all religion.

Any "faith" I had in the made-up human concept of "god" quickly vanished thereafter.

Today, I live my life with the same human reasoning that we all have.....LOGIC!

It is illogical to believe in something which has no evidence and can't be testable.

You don't believe in anything that isn't testable? What about evolution? You take that as fact. Time and time again, evolutionary predictions have been falsified. When this happens, it's either ignored or complexity is added to the theory to explain the new data. What are the tests for evolution? Can you point me to any tests that have shown the rate of evolution?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Logical fallacies is something I have studied a lot too.

For example, creating a distraction in an argument in order to not hear out the position that a person has.

Eventually, you'll turn this distraction into a full grown strawman so you can beat that up instead of what the REAL argument the person is saying.

Not surprising, this is in full effect right here.

I have heard your position clearly. You believe there is no god while allowing for the possibility that there is a god. So you believe that what doesn't exist, might exist. So you don't actually believe that no god exist, because one might exist, but you don't believe that god exist...

When I used to go to church as a kid the preacher talked about a similar type of Christian. He called them "fire insurance Christians". They didn't want to fully live the life of a Christian and be dedicated to living a Christian lifestyle, but they called themselves Christian and occasionally came to church to make themselves feel better about their chance of not going to hell.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I have to disagree with those extremes. Are you saying that all atheists believe beyond a shadow of a doubt there is no God? There is no way they can have doubts? What about a theist? Do they believe in their God w/o a shadow of a dobut? What about someone who is unsure? It is not that they don't care but they have heard so much conflicting information from both sides they don't know what to believe. The would like to know more information so that they can make an informed decision on weather God exists or not. That is hardly and example of someone not caring.

That's what "faith" is, man. Sure people have moments of uncertainty, but moments don't make belief.

Logical fallacies is something I have studied a lot too.

For example, creating a distraction in an argument in order to not hear out the position that a person has.

Eventually, you'll turn this distraction into a full grown strawman so you can beat that up instead of what the REAL argument the person is saying.

Not surprising, this is in full effect right here.

What's not surprising is you. Anyone who doesn't fall into line with your thinking is automatically ignoring you. Your MO is to make a statement and then hurl insults and accusations at anyone who doesn't take your word as gospel. You're a smart guy, alex, but you've got to start listening yourself. Have you opened a dictionary and looked up the definitions? Or have you just watched some online videos?

It's like your complaining that you're hated for claiming to be an atheist (which you really aren't). You have no examples except for studies of atheism that can be made to say whatever someone wants and which have nothing to do with you (unless you answered them). You compared the "plight" of atheists to that of gays. Do you honestly think atheists, who have everything everyone else has, have it as bad as gays, who don't? You're whining there and you're whining now. I hate it when people stereotype liberals, but you tend to fit all of them. You're whiny, self-centered, think your problems are worse than anyone else's, think the world owes you something, think everyone's against you and claim to want equality when really, you want your interests on top so you can look down on everyone. You already do, so what's the issue?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I have heard your position clearly. You believe there is no god while allowing for the possibility that there is a god. So you believe that what doesn't exist, might exist. So you don't actually believe that no god exist, because one might exist, but you don't believe that god exist...

When I used to go to church as a kid the preacher talked about a similar type of Christian. He called them "fire insurance Christians". They didn't want to fully live the life of a Christian and be dedicated to living a Christian lifestyle, but they called themselves Christian and occasionally came to church to make themselves feel better about their chance of not going to hell.

Nothing like a death bed conversion!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not going to argue on something you fail to comprehend....

If you don't get it, too bad!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Nothing like a death bed conversion!

What kind of death bed conversion would an agnostic person have? Could they also possibly have a conversion to Judism or Islam?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Same to you, man. Same to you.
    The difference is you need to reference that these terms have been used for a long time and show videos and articles to try and prove your point.
    We just need to open a dictionary to disprove yours.

Now you have no argument so you make an accusation and then say you won't keep explaining what is actually unexplainable, as it contradicts itself. That's what is no surprise.

What kind of death bed conversion would an agnostic person have? Could they also possibly have a conversion to Judism or Islam?

Is agnostic purely related to Christianity? Why would you suggest such a thing?

SCF Rewards
    Country

You don't believe in anything that isn't testable? What about evolution? You take that as fact. Time and time again, evolutionary predictions have been falsified. When this happens, it's either ignored or complexity is added to the theory to explain the new data. What are the tests for evolution? Can you point me to any tests that have shown the rate of evolution?

You gotta be kidding me....

I really don't mean to offend you but.....you really don't understand evolution at all!

Evolution is both a theory and a fact.

There are plenty of very good educational videos that can explain this to you.

I am NOT trying to sidestep the issue by saying that you should go watch videos, I am NOT an evolutionary biologist and anything I say will just be references from others.

It is you to YOU to hear out the argument, look at the facts and decide for yourself, that's what I did.

Here is a short 7 minute video, you can watch it and start researching for yourself.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I get it. You want to create your own definition in spite of the obvious conflicts with the English language and natural logic.

If I don't get it, correct the following statement for me...

You believe there is no god, but there might be a god.

SCF Rewards
    Country

We just need to open a dictionary to disprove yours.

Show me the proof where atheism and agnosticism are mutually exclusive and I swear to your made belief god that I'll drop it.

Because a dictionary doesn't do that!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast