Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (5)
    Country
    See razzamaztaz's Items on eBay

ITG History good or bad?

What does people think about this, everyone seems excited but is it reallt worth the price? I'm buying ONE box for Christmas for myself, and I had in mind 100-130$, this will be twice as much. There's 4 cards in it, and it sounds great and the previews looks good, but like everyone else I assume they show hits no one mortal will ever get. How do we know we don't get this instead:

1 newmade jerseycard of whoever
    1 graded auto card of whoever (and that it's graded is kind of pointless)
    1 graded rookie card of whoever
    1 buyback, which doesn't mean much really

In theory it could be 4 junk cards. I certainly hope not, ITG usually delivers, I've just turned a bit cynical on boxes the past year... I want a fun experience with a box for Christmas and my alternative is probably a Forever Rivals box, or Certified, but likely Rivals. Originally I placced for Classicg Signatures but the price is so laughable I'll boycott it instead.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

One box is what I asked for for Christmas, I know it's a crapshoot but I'm gonna take my time and open it slowwwwwlyyyyyyy and hope for the best. My Forever Rivals case break was fair-to-middling, but hey, you never knowwwwww.

If History is anything like Superlative III was, I doubt there'll be much complaining...........

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

Each of the jersey cards (newly made) are all hand painted and no two are alike if I recall correctly. I'll watch and view a checklist because it's out of my price range.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Each of the jersey cards (newly made) are all hand painted and no two are alike if I recall correctly. I'll watch and view a checklist because it's out of my price range.

Mine too, that's why it's a group present, the only thing I'm gettin this year, fingers crossed!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Everyone who buys a box is a more than a mere mortal and has an equal chance of finding the Vezina Rookie or any of the great cards in this product.

The Autograph Cards are not graded, they are authenticated by PSA/DNA.

My only suggestion to the poster is to read the literature about the product before buying it. That way you will know before you make your purchase if this product is for you or not.

Your post is full of misinformation and I would not want you to buy a box of this product based on that information. I don't know where you got it from.

If any product disappoints after you know what you are buying, that is unfortunate, but to buy a product not really knowing what is in it, is more unfortunate.

If you choose to buy the product, I wish you good luck with it and a Merry Christmas.

Brian Price

SCF Rewards
    Country

Would be nice for future releases if it included some base cards with stats on the back for those pre-50s players UD and Panini rarely do.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This has been shown before, but............

http://www.itgtradingcards.com/produ...tory_of_hockey

I think it's worth a shot eh??? The WORST card of that bunch is a Dustin Brown patch..............

SCF Rewards
    Country

What does people think about this, everyone seems excited but is it reallt worth the price? I'm buying ONE box for Christmas for myself, and I had in mind 100-130$, this will be twice as much. There's 4 cards in it, and it sounds great and the previews looks good, but like everyone else I assume they show hits no one mortal will ever get. How do we know we don't get this instead:

1 newmade jerseycard of whoever
    1 graded auto card of whoever (and that it's graded is kind of pointless)
    1 graded rookie card of whoever
    1 buyback, which doesn't mean much really

In theory it could be 4 junk cards. I certainly hope not, ITG usually delivers, I've just turned a bit cynical on boxes the past year... I want a fun experience with a box for Christmas and my alternative is probably a Forever Rivals box, or Certified, but likely Rivals. Originally I placced for Classicg Signatures but the price is so laughable I'll boycott it instead.

Your post makes it sound like you're only interested in value or resale, and if that's the case I don't think this is a product for you. I'd recommend a box of UD series 1 from 08/09, 10/11 or 11/12, or perhaps a box of Score from 10/11 or 11/12 for christmas, which is a "fun experience" and usually gives a fair amount of value back.

If I understad Dr. Price correctely, History of Hockey is a product made to celebrate the greatest moments in hockey (with some chosen by the collectors of this site, see: https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...tory-of-Hockey) to those who appreciate the rich history it has. I think the Art/Memo Cards should be acknowledged as the main hit of the box, with the rest as a bonus, and calling that card for "1 newmade jerseycard of whoever" or "junk" tells me you're not very interested in those cards or even hockey history for that matter, specially when one considers your attitude towards Classics Signatures.

Personally, I'm looking forward to be part of a groupbreak of this product, I think that's the most interesting way to experience this product ( if one can't afford a case). It's a product that promises a wide array of collectable cards, each which suits a different kind of collector. Drafting it will most surely be very exciting, simply because you don't know which cards will show up and how high demand there is for them. Maybe there's someone in that break who really wants that buyback auto of "whoever" or are missing that lone rookie card for his/her set, and drafts it before a Lemieux-auto or the Vezina Rookie (one are allowed to dream ).
    The hobby has come to a stage where we know what to expect of almost every product even before it's been released, and very few succeed our expectations, but imo this product feels like Tristar Hidden Treasures on anabolic, one really doesn't know what to expect: it could be an extremely expensive nostalgia-trip or an awesome cascade of great cards topped with a beautiful art-card, and that's one of the reasons I'm in for the break

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dmaksymyshyn's Items on eBay

I want to see some broke first, good and bad, and go from there. I am a big fan of ITG, but a bigger fan of money...and price point for 4 cards...gonna have to see!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (5)
    Country
    See razzamaztaz's Items on eBay

Everytime my posts gets misintepretated. No one is interested anymore in making profit on a box cause it's (almost) impossible, period. But I do want first and most: interesting beautiful cards, and 2) some sort of payback so I perhaps can afford another box. Otherwise the way things are going boxes are only meant for people with deep pockets. I also plan to maybe use one or two of these cards in a sort of lottery for other collectors, so I hope for something nice. I'm pretty much convinced and will likely get a box. Is there a checklist somewhere?

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast