Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

12/13 Black Diamond Thoughts/Impressions

Well, I hate to say it, but Black Diamond may have become one of my more favourite sets this year... and it might just be the sleeper. I mean, with not that great of rookies, it seems to take a hit in value, but... with ~6,200 less boxes if Ice rookies fall 1 per box, there are better odds than every to pull some insane cards. In a case, you should get 2 cards /10 or /1, one being auto'd.

I was very skeptical at first, seeing as the autos would be on a typical BD background (Pinnacle rookie autos last year anyone?). After peeking at ebay (not mine):

Those look gorgeous. Granted there is a large whit window, but I mean, gorgeous. They got the emerald well. Going to try to pick up one of each this year for keeps. Can't wait to see a sapphire.
    Last edited by flopfish; 12-11-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    Main wants: Schneider Cup RPA, OEL 1/1s and highends
    The not-so updated (In other words, 3/4 of it is sold) Hidden Content

Nice pull with the Emerald.
    Hidden Content
    color codes: yellow/blue/green= incoming or pending/do not need
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

If anyone is interested, click this link from CCM and help me win free stuff as well as enter yourself: Hidden Content

They definitely look sharp. I remember a couple months ago saying that this product could end up being badly affected by the lockout. UD really stepped up the content with the autograph parallels, and wow they look good. Even without much for the rookie class, BD got a massive injection with these new autos.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 201 Unique Cards + 8 1/1's!!!

Also collecting: Subban, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, and many retired legends!

They definitely look sharp. I remember a couple months ago saying that this product could end up being badly affected by the lockout. UD really stepped up the content with the autograph parallels, and wow they look good. Even without much for the rookie class, BD got a massive injection with these new autos.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 201 Unique Cards + 8 1/1's!!!

Also collecting: Subban, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, and many retired legends!

Quote Originally Posted by miscs75 View Post
    Nice pull with the Emerald.
    I wish it was mine lol
    Main wants: Schneider Cup RPA, OEL 1/1s and highends
    The not-so updated (In other words, 3/4 of it is sold) Hidden Content

The only thing that really bothers me is that as a Blackhawks die hard fan, I was really looking forward to completing the puzzle out of the jersey cards, but they don't have the Blackhawks as one of the teams!! What the hell??
    Main PC: Marcus Kruger
    Other PC: Tommy Wingels and Christian Friedrich

As much as people like to rip Upper Deck you have to give them props for this years Black Diamond. It is pretty nice looking.
    An avid collector, that has spent countless hours on various sports card sites. I wanted to make it easier to buy and sell sports cards, and also wanted to create a community to bring collectors together.

I like a lot..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DOUG-GILMOUR...item1c2e676253

I like also the fact that there is four new cards to chase. Not four dozen.

Harri
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Collect: Hidden Content

I like it too despite the fact that there are no Reimers at all in the set. The addition of auto parallels was a nice one especially since UD didn't overdo it by making both AU and non-AU parallels of the same card. It is slightly confusing though why certain players have both single and double diamonds in the set, quads are understandable as players are wearing all-star jerseys in those.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast