Results 31 to 40 of 46
12-12-2012, 12:37 PM #31
So yes, you were quite lucky.
Last edited by Wickabee; 12-12-2012 at 12:51 PM.
12-12-2012, 12:49 PM #32
im union man and for a long time too
being a union man has its pro's & con's there is some lazy workers and theres a lot of good one as well
what to say about whats goin on i cant i just hope they work it out
your kidds dont care if your union or not they just want to eat
THAT ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT >..BEE
12-12-2012, 02:35 PM #33
12-12-2012, 02:42 PM #34
They've already proven they don't mind abusing employees and don't care for human rights by producing everything in China where they legally can. To trust that they wouldn't treat Americans the same makes no sense.
12-12-2012, 02:54 PM #35
12-12-2012, 02:55 PM #36
- A right to a workplace that is “free from recognized hazards that are causing or are likely to cause death or serious physical harm.”
Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, § 5(a), 29 USC § 654(a)(1).
- A right not to be discriminated against based on “race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.”
Title VII or the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 42 USC § 2000e–2(a)(1).
- A right not to be discriminated against based on age, i.e. 40-70 years inclusive.
Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, 29 USC §§ 624(a)(1)(A), 631(a).
- A right to reasonable accommodations for their disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Title I, 42 U.S.C. §§ 12101-12117, 12201-12213, et seq.
- A right to “self-organization, to form, join, or assist labor organizations, to bargain collectively through representatives of their own choosing, and to engage in other concerted activities for the purpose of collective bargaining or other mutual aid or protection.”
National Labor Relations Act, 29 USC § 157
- A right not to be retaliated against for reporting unsafe working conditions.
Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, § 11(c), 29 USC § 660(c).
- A right not to be retaliated against for investigating government contract fraud or taking action under the False Claims Act.
Federal False Claims Act, 31 U.S.C. § 3730(h).
- A right to report corporate and securities fraud to regulatory bodies.
Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, 18 U.S.C. § 1514A.
- A right to expect that trustees of employee health and welfare plans act in the “sole” interest of plan participants.
Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, 29 USC § 1104(a)(1).
- A right to be paid at a rate of time and one-half for all work performed over 40 hours in one work week if an employee is “non exempt.” The exemption is determined by the type of work performed and not by the label the employer gives the employee.
Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, 29 USC § 207(a).
- A right to at least 60 days advance notice for mass layoffs or plant closings where the employer with 100 or more employees engages in a plant closing of 50 or more employees at a work site, or a mass layoff of at least 500 employees (or at least 50 employees, if that is one-third or more of the total). Workers are entitled to pay and all benefits through the 60 day advanced layoff notice period, whether or not an employer requires employees to work through it.
Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (Pub. L. 100-379), 29 USC §§ 2101(a), 2102(a).
- A right to take up to 12 weeks off to care for a newborn, or themselves or a family member with a serious health condition where the employer has 50 or more employees. Workers may take off up to 26 weeks off to care for an injured member of the Armed Forces.
Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993, § 102(a)(1), 29 USC § 2612(a)(1), as amended by the National Defense Authorization Act for FY 2008 (Pub. L. 110-181), § 585.
12-12-2012, 02:57 PM #37
12-12-2012, 03:02 PM #38
12-12-2012, 03:04 PM #39
12-12-2012, 03:05 PM #40
So what is to stop an company from paying it's workers a decent wage, bragging about how much money it is making then all of a sudden decide that it dosen't like paying the wages it is paying and cuts wages aboard all while making it's employees work harder. Yes it's legal but just because something is legal dosen't make it right.