Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

what would stop it? people quitting and getting new jobs.

it's been done before, can be done now, and will be done again.

and before you say jobs aren't to be found, i would say, i have had 3 nice job offers in the last year, just depends on your skill set.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

what would stop it? people quitting and getting new jobs.

it's been done before, can be done now, and will be done again.

and before you say jobs aren't to be found, i would say, i have had 3 nice job offers in the last year, just depends on your skill set.

And what is the job you do that gets these offers? Auto worker? Steel worker? Are you in a warehouse? Does your job require schooling that you had the opportunity to attain?

Not everyone is like you.

SCF Rewards
    Country

and thank God for that, I am just pointing out I am just one average guy, if I can do it, so can anyone else. and I have never had anything handed to me, paid for my own school while I worked full time and lived on my own, and back in school now, paying it all out of pocket while i work 40+ hours a week.

but i would give it all up if it meant my integrety, I would start all over again, before I had to do things I thought were unethical or unsafe.
    but like you said perhaps I have been lucky, and like I said if I can do it anyone can. you don't have to be special to have or get a job and sometimes you get what you can.
    I just see way too many abled body, abled minded people that have an excuse not to work, but maybe that is just in my neck of the woods.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

and thank God for that, I am just pointing out I am just one average guy, if I can do it, so can anyone else.

NO! NO!
    Seriously, I'd hit you with a rolled up newspaper if I could. Do you know how many people will lose their home if they miss 1 paycheck? Are you in that situation? You're getting job offers? I don't know too many loggers who are being poached by other mills.

and I have never had anything handed to me, paid for my own school while I worked full time and lived on my own, and back in school now, paying it all out of pocket while i work 40+ hours a week.

And that's awesome. At the same time, you seem to forget there are people out there who don't even have the opportunities you did take advantage of. Not everyone working low-end labour jobs was lazy and didn't go to school or didn't want to work for the future. Sure, some people pull themselves out of a gutter life but, really, what are the chances for those people?

but i would give it all up if it meant my integrety, I would start all over again, before I had to do things I thought were unethical or unsafe.

Meaning what, exactly?

but like you said perhaps I have been lucky, and like I said if I can do it anyone can. you don't have to be special to have or get a job and sometimes you get what you can.
    I just see way too many abled body, abled minded people that have an excuse not to work, but maybe that is just in my neck of the woods.

Maybe. Maybe you just notice them more than the people who do need it and are using it. You see, those people, the people who need it, they don't advertise that they're on it. Attitudes like yours make it a shameful, despicable thing to need help from your government. You say it's because of the people who abuse it. You see way too many able bodied people not working because they don't want to. How many can't find jobs. How many are like me and appear perfectly fine but can't work the one job they've trained for because of a malady that isn't visible?

I'm going to go ahead and say you're looking at this with a very narrow view. That's all.

SCF Rewards
    Country

so you think it is some type of attitude that I think there are plenty of people who are taking advantage of the system in many ways?

I can name a handful of severley mentally retarded people, that I personally know, that all have a job, they could choose not to work, but they do. sure they may wash dishes, clean floors, and stuff envelopes but that is awesome. I also know way more abled body men and women who could work somewhere, but they choose not to.
    I also know many FAA workers who should not have any job, much less a 6 figure job, but no way to oust them with the union in place, and they all think it is a big joke. i also know senior citizens who are scraping by why government employees are getting benefit packages and pay that are way over what they should be, while these good folks scrape it to make it month to month.

there are plenty of people who need help and plenty of us who do help, but the number of people who could be digging their way out is continueing to grow, most of these people choose the life of welfare,and the money they waste could be going towards the people that really need it.

i would love to see the stats, in this day and age, if there were no "rich" people and see how many jobs there are and how well the economy is doing.
    but even better i would love to see a government who did not spend us into a debt we can never recover from.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

That isn't even close to what I said. Try again.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345