Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I love how in Michigan it's to be competitive with Indiana.

The US is quickly turning into Little China.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I would say have some personal responsibility and you will not need to worry about your job, I never have.

Why does someone need to be represented at work by someone else? You and your employer are the only one who knows how you work, not a union.

From what I have seen those who want to be unionized are often the ones who do not work so well and need a way out of being fired.

Unions were started for a good cause, but most are no longer about the cause, they are about the money and power a large group provides.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I love how in Michigan it's to be competitive with Indiana.

The US is quickly turning into Little China.

Well, there are a lot of things wrong with Michigan's economy and economic thinking (and a large part of that is on Detroit).
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I would say have some personal responsibility and you will not need to worry about your job, I never have.

Why does someone need to be represented at work by someone else? You and your employer are the only one who knows how you work, not a union.

From what I have seen those who want to be unionized are often the ones who do not work so well and need a way out of being fired.

Unions were started for a good cause, but most are no longer about the cause, they are about the money and power a large group provides.

My boss used to love to tell me how terrible unions are. How they just take money from you, so you end up poorer.
    Finally one day I asked him if he figured he would have gotten away with not giving out a single raise to any employee in 4 years if we were union.

He stopped talking about unions after that. You know why? My question made him realize that, overall, a union would be better for me and worse for him. As it stood, if I wanted a raise, which I did deserve, I had to quit and go get one somewhere else. When I asked for one I was told to go pound sand. He used to love to tell me I was out of holiday hours when I wasn't. He lied constantly, put my life in danger several times and once tolde to."walk off" a hairline fracture in my foot.

Had I been union my cheques would have been slightly lower, except for all the raises I never got which would have made it monumentally higher. Had I been union, I would have never found myself scaling the side of a building 3 stories up untethered. I would have been treated like a worker and not a child. I would have been paid like a worker, not a child.

So maybe a union isn't for you. That's fine. These people, though are working low paying labour jobs. They aren't as educated as you, in many case not even as educated as me. They don't have the knowledge or ability to negotiate their own stuff. They want to go, work, go home. Not having someone in their corner puts them at a major disadvantage. It's the same basic principle as "keep the masses stupid and you can control them easily" except instead of "stupid" it's "disorganized".

Im not a huge union guy, but this is a move against the little guy being made under the house of "freedom". Yeah, the freedom to hit the unemployment line or be taken advantage of. Some freedom.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

What world do you live in? At my last few jobs in Georgia not including the one I'm currently on, the job always held over our heads that they will do whatever the hell they want and if you don't like it leave. They didn't care how much of a good worker you were. If they decided for whatever reason you were no longer needed or if they wanted to change a company policy and you were not happy with it you had to go. None of the jobs that I had in Georgia were unionized and as long as they paid min wage and adhered to fed a local laws there was nothing that you could do about it. If any of my last two jobs were unionized it is a good possibility I may have still be working there.

And no Shrew not everyone who wants the union to fight for them is a lazy worker. A lot of us are just sick and tired by being jerked around by our employers.
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 12-12-2012 at 01:13 PM.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

What world do you live in? At my last few jobs in Georgia not including the one I'm currently the job always held over our heads that they will do whatever the hell they want and if you don't like it leave. They didn't care how much of a good worker you were. If they decided for whatever reason you were no longer needed or if they wanted to change a company policy and you were not happy with it you had to go. None of the jobs that I had in Georgia were unionized and as long as they paid min wage and adhered to fed a local laws there was nothing that you could do about it. If any of my last two jobs were unionized it is a good possibility I may have still be working there.

And no Shrew not everyone who wants the union to fight for them is a lazy worker. A lot of us are just sick and tired by being jerked around by our employers.

Don't you know? Everyone is lazy until they're wealthy.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

No one is saying that in some cases unions are not beneficial. They simply should not have a monopoly. If they are unable to compete in a free market, then there is something wrong, no?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

No one is saying that in some cases unions are not beneficial. They simply should not have a monopoly. If they are unable to compete in a free market, then there is something wrong, no?

Look at the right to work states to see who well employees are taken care of as a prime example of how union membership should be manditory. You have income taxes taken out of your check that go to God only knows and no one says anything because thats just the way it is. However people want to cry and moan because the union gets a couple of more dollars from your pay the short term that will be more than made up in the long term. Some people really have no common sense.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

That's not what this is, though. It's being sold as freedom when, long term it's giving the souls and hearts of workers toamagement to do with what they wish. This is not to break a monopoly, it's to break unions altogether and, if it is successful as designed, American workers will be subject to Chinese conditions and management.

USA: We're China junior now!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Ohio is one and is where I lived. I have never had a job that has tried to rip me off, but maybe I am lucky, but I assume it is because I am a great employee to have.

Not all people in unions are lazy, but when unions came to AT&T, I noticed the people who fought for it were the ones I would never let be my employee, and when meeting with the union they had nothing to offer me I couldn't do on my own, so when they were voted in, I left shortly afterwards. And it was one of the best moves I have ever made.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast