Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

No you shouldn't and I left my last employer because a union was moving in.

I can represent myself just fine, and it is free!!

People should have a choice and not be forced to join if they do not want to.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

So if the job makes a change that you and a lot of your co-workers don't like and they pretty much tell you deal with it or find a new job what are you to do? Ask the millions upon millions of unemployed people all over the world how easy it is to find a new job.

Also what leverage do you as an individual have in representing your self against your employer?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So businessmen can take advantage of idiots, yes.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

So if the job makes a change that you and a lot of your co-workers don't like and they pretty much tell you deal with it or find a new job what are you to do? Ask the millions upon millions of unemployed people all over the world how easy it is to find a new job.

Also what leverage do you as an individual have in representing your self against your employer?

Talk to the unemployed Hostess workers to see how effective their leverage was. The Union doesn't seem to be doing much for the 45% of able people that aren't working in Detroit either.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So businessmen can take advantage of idiots, yes.

That's the republican way.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Talk to the unemployed Hostess to see how effective their leverage was. The Union doesn't seem to be doing much for the 45% of able people that aren't working in Detroit either.

So what do suggest? Work a job with no one having your back or working a job and having someone represent you in case you have issues on the job? Yes you can experience layoffs weather unionized or not but hostess would have collapsed with or without the union so please do not blame unions for poor business decisions by management.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I would've gladly paid union dues instead of going several years without even a performance drive let alone a raise.
    The raises o should have, and would have received more than cancel out any union dues. Of course, idiots don't thin like that, so someone will just tell them not joining saves money so they won't, leaving themselves at the mercy of the boss's whims.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

I have no problem with groups of private workers getting together for negotiation purposes, just don't force others to join your group if they want to work.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I have no problem with groups of private workers getting together for negotiation purposes, just don't force others to join your group if they want to work.

As long as no boss, manager or owner is telling people "you'll save money if you don't join"
    It's ultimately a lie, no matter how it looks in the short term.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would've gladly paid union dues instead of going several years without even a performance drive let alone a raise.
    The raises o should have, and would have received more than cancel out any union dues. Of course, idiots don't thin like that, so someone will just tell them not joining saves money so they won't, leaving themselves at the mercy of the boss's whims.

These anti-union republicans don't have any sense. Back in 2004-05 I had the highest paying job that I had. It called for health benefits and periodic raises per union contract. I never had an issue with my employer and if I ever did I had two union stewards that I can talk to. Now move out of state to a so called right to work state and it's a different ballgame. Employers basically tell employees that we can do whatever they hell we like, don't have to pay you anything other than what is required by law and if you don't like how we do business there is the door out.

"I freed a thousand slaves I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."
    Harriet Tubman

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast