Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Are they're any solutions to the world's biggest problem?

Severe overpopulation and over consumption. It might seem like a dumb post, but most of the world's problems can be traced back to this. There are just too many people and not enough resources to go around. I just can't think of any real solutions to this. Anybody have anything to comment.

The world's population has gone from 2.2 billion in 1940 to 7 billion today. It will probably be 10+ billion by 2050.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

I think we need to look to Logan's Run for the answers to our problems.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think we need to look to Logan's Run for the answers to our problems.

That's funny man. I will accept being made fun of on this thread. I know this post sounds stupid, but is has become a major problem and I have nothing on solutions. I believe that if it's not stopped it will ultimately be the end of our species. Probably not in my lifetime though.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If over population is your biggest concern, I would say go after conservatives and the Pope telling them to shut up about "abstinence only. no contraceptives. make abortion illegal. etc"
    That would be a major step. I mean, we have the Pope going to Africa and telling them condoms help spread AIDS. Stop that crap and you might get somewhere.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

If over population is your biggest concern, I would say go after conservatives and the Pope telling them to shut up about "abstinence only. no contraceptives. make abortion illegal. etc"
    That would be a major step. I mean, we have the Pope going to Africa and telling them condoms help spread AIDS. Stop that crap and you might get somewhere.

CHURCH!!
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I honestly don't think overpopulation is a problem (right now) nor is it the cause of most of the world's current problems. The majority of wars that are going on or conflicts have to do more with religion or somebody different than somebody instead of attacking a country for food or water. Will this be an issue in the future? Yes but not now.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I honestly don't think overpopulation is a problem (right now) nor is it the cause of most of the world's current problems. The majority of wars that are going on or conflicts have to do more with religion or somebody different than somebody instead of attacking a country for food or water. Will this be an issue in the future? Yes but not now.

This I agree with. There's still enough to go around, but the people in charge won't allow it. The future? That brings a whole bunch of new problems and overpopulation is high on the list of potentials.

As for a solution, I hate to say this, but populations do have a way of rebalancing with the ecosystem. It won't be pretty, but it will ultimately work.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

if the majority of people actually cared about others and/or themselves, our issues would be much different. but liberals will always attack the conservatives(had to throw that in their for you wickabee), the has nots will always attack the has, and people will continue to covet and depend.
    call it want you want, but how many people having abortions would listen to the Pope to start with?

abortion has been legal for how long now? no matter how much people complain it will always be here and be legal, there is no stopping it.

prevention is a better plan, but why aren't more people figuring out a better way to handle all this? the conservatives may be pro life (well most) but no one has cared about them for a while now. look at gay marriage, immigration, and marijuana laws, the ultra conservatives have been ousted and just make a lot of noise in the background now.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Human beings have proven that they can solve any problem. The issue is finding the WILL to solve the problems.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

if the majority of people actually cared about others and/or themselves, our issues would be much different. but liberals will always attack the conservatives(had to throw that in their for you wickabee), the has nots will always attack the has, and people will continue to covet and depend.

If that was for me, I only have a couple things to say:
    "if" should be capitalized
    "but" should be capitalized
    There should be a space between "conservatives" and "(had".
    "their" should be "there"
    The accepted terms are "haves" and "have nots" but I'll let it slide.

call it want you want, but how many people having abortions would listen to the Pope to start with?

What an odd thing to say, since that's a very America-centric way of thinking. You aren't the whole world you know. Plus, with the Pope, I'm speaking more to his (and every other Pope's) campaign against contraception.

abortion has been legal for how long now? no matter how much people complain it will always be here and be legal, there is no stopping it.

Again, America-centric.

prevention is a better plan, but why aren't more people figuring out a better way to handle all this? the conservatives may be pro life (well most) but no one has cared about them for a while now. look at gay marriage, immigration, and marijuana laws, the ultra conservatives have been ousted and just make a lot of noise in the background now.

You're right, prevention is a better plan. That's what contraceptives are for. You can preach abstinence all you want. I love it. But the fact remains you'll never get 100% of people on board with no pre-marital sex. It's just not going to happen. Even those who preach it most are often guilty of infidelity. As long as conservatives are trying to push abstinence only education, this is going to be a problem. As long as the Pope claims to uneducated people that condoms spread AIDS, this is going to be a problem.

If the ultra-conservatives have been relegated into the background (which they haven't, really) maybe ask why? Is it because liberals are evil and eat their heads? Or is it that ultra conservatives, by definition, are against progress. So while the world progresses naturally as it does and should, they hold onto old, outdated and archaic beliefs about society?
    Last edited by Wickabee; 12-12-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast