Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

anti gun band wagon riders

first 2 questions are a formality if you answer no to both please leave the thread.

do you own a gun?

have you ever fired a gun?

i can not understand why so many people are crying out to ban assault rifles, do you understand that semi auto pistols are the weapon of choice in mass shootings but no one wants to do anything about them?

you know there was a assault weapons ban from 94-04 right? California enacted one of the first bans on semi-automatic rifles in 1989, adding stricter measures to the law several times since. how does their weapon related violence still happen at such a high level?

"The 1994 law in theory banned AK-47s, MAC-10s, Uzis, AR-15s and other 'assault weapons'. Yet the gun industry easily found ways around the law and most of these weapons are now sold in post-ban models virtually identical to the guns Congress sought to ban in 1994.

what makes you think a new ban would be any different? pre-ban weapons would still exist and would still be legal as long as the components were made prior to the new ban going in to affect.

its a war on personal freedom just like prohibition of drugs, the government will find any way they can to limit what society can and can not do and will use the most current tragedy as grounds for taking away freedoms.

on a side note 2 gun stores in my area sold out of ar-15's within the last week and one only has 2 left in stock when they normally have a wall covered with them.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Do I own a gun? No.

Have I ever fired a gun? Yes, I used to hunt as a teen and young adult. Enjoyed it immensely.

I am not crying for a ban on assault rifles. I want a ban on ALL semi automatic handguns too. I would support legislation that made it illegal to own ALL these guns whether or not they were bought before or after the ban.

I would consider the following compromises:

Creating a system where gun owners could still fire and enjoy these banned guns but they would have to do so at a firing range where the guns were stored permanently.

Allowing registered gun collectors to keep all their guns subject to annual inspections of their inventory and strict adherence to laws concerning their storage.

For me, it's a war on SAFETY and right now NO ONE is SAFE.

There has to be a line drawn between personal freedoms and collective safety. And right now that line is drawn way too far to the right.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Do I own a gun? No.

Have I ever fired a gun? Yes, I used to hunt as a teen and young adult. Enjoyed it immensely.

I am not crying for a ban on assault rifles. I want a ban on ALL semi automatic handguns too. I would support legislation that made it illegal to own ALL these guns whether or not they were bought before or after the ban.

I would consider the following compromises:

Creating a system where gun owners could still fire and enjoy these banned guns but they would have to do so at a firing range where the guns were stored permanently.

Allowing registered gun collectors to keep all their guns subject to annual inspections of their inventory and strict adherence to laws concerning their storage.

For me, it's a war on SAFETY and right now NO ONE is SAFE.

There has to be a line drawn between personal freedoms and collective safety. And right now that line is drawn way too far to the right.

That won't stop any sick minded person from getting a gun, and that's the issue. It'd be taking guns from people who do the right thing, but not stopping the criminals, which should be the goal.

It's really sad this has turned into a guns vs no guns thing, when that shouldn't be the main point (and I say this in general, it's not directed at you).
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

That won't stop any sick minded person from getting a gun, and that's the issue. It'd be taking guns from people who do the right thing, but not stopping the criminals, which should be the goal.

It's really sad this has turned into a guns vs no guns thing, when that shouldn't be the main point (and I say this in general, it's not directed at you).

It would make it a lot harder for sick-minded people to get guns capable of inflicting the kind of damage done at that school, and that is the issue. Do whatever you can to deter them. The criminals are not the ones committing these type of crimes, it's your "good people".

And for the record, the SAD PART is that you have another 20 dead kids.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

It would make it a lot harder for sick-minded people to get guns capable of inflicting the kind of damage done at that school, and that is the issue. Do whatever you can to deter them. The criminals are not the ones committing these type of crimes, it's your "good people".

And for the record, the SAD PART is that you have another 20 dead kids.

I completely disagree with the bolded part, but you are right, the sad part is that there are 20 dead children and the adults as well, however I just happen to think that putting a ban on guns would've stopped the guy. (For the record, I have never used a gun and have no plans to ever buy/use one).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

in Texas, there were close to 900,000 firearm related crimes last year, of those .19% that is point one nine percent were CCW holders. so no, the good people are not the issue

SCF Rewards
    Country

heres two thumbs up bd
    first 2 questions are a formality if you answer no to both please leave the thread.

do you own a gun?

have you ever fired a gun?

i can not understand why so many people are crying out to ban assault rifles, do you understand that semi auto pistols are the weapon of choice in mass shootings but no one wants to do anything about them?

you know there was a assault weapons ban from 94-04 right? California enacted one of the first bans on semi-automatic rifles in 1989, adding stricter measures to the law several times since. how does their weapon related violence still happen at such a high level?

"The 1994 law in theory banned AK-47s, MAC-10s, Uzis, AR-15s and other 'assault weapons'. Yet the gun industry easily found ways around the law and most of these weapons are now sold in post-ban models virtually identical to the guns Congress sought to ban in 1994.

what makes you think a new ban would be any different? pre-ban weapons would still exist and would still be legal as long as the components were made prior to the new ban going in to affect.

its a war on personal freedom just like prohibition of drugs, the government will find any way they can to limit what society can and can not do and will use the most current tragedy as grounds for taking away freedoms.

on a side note 2 gun stores in my area sold out of ar-15's within the last week and one only has 2 left in stock when they normally have a wall covered with them.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

in Texas, there were close to 900,000 firearm related crimes last year, of those .19% that is point one nine percent were CCW holders. so no, the good people are not the issue

In the case we are talking about (mass shootings) the shooters did not have criminal records; therefore, they are not criminals until after the incident.

Answer me this. Where are the 99.81% getting their weapons?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Everyone here realizes gun control isn't a ban, right?
    Everyone here realizes no one is saying tame all guns away, right?
    Everyone here realizes the pro gun safety and pro gun control is not anti gun, right?

Because I'm pretty sure a LOT of people don't, never will, and doom the nation to political bickering instead of having a conversation.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

same place they would if they were banned

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast