Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

We Know How to Stop School Shootings

In the wake of a monstrous crime like a madman's mass murder of defenseless women and children at the Newtown, Conn., elementary school, the nation's attention is riveted on what could have been done to...

More...

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So we'll all feel safer if no one knows who's packing?
    Sounds like it makes it easier for a "law abiding citizen" to bring a gun inside a building and shoot everyone.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

The argument for 1850's Western logic and behaviour is what bothers me. How in the Hell can you live in 2012 and act like it's just another nice day for a shootout ala Roswell, New Mexico?

Words fail me with the 200 year old solutions that some think are the only way to act. The number of those saying.....

"Well if there were a person nearby that was carrying, the killing would not have happened." This logic by the way is only found amongst minorities, and only found in one country - the USA.

Nobody else stoops to such inane levels of insanity, and lack of common sense.
    Last edited by centrehice; 12-21-2012 at 05:05 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

look at the stats, good people with guns, stop bad people with guns

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Yes and armed guards at schools would be a great thing.

America: Safety through absolute fear

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am against armed guards at schools

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I am against armed guards at schools

As anyone with half a brain should be.
    I love the NRA saying it's wrong to give up the right to guns, but having the government put armed guards in schools would he a good thing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

not a member of the NRA and they are dumb for saying this, but I do believe that a ban on assault weapons won't prevent such events. but to be honest, I could care less if you ban them.

and how is the mental health system going to stop this and how are they at fault. they can only force something if the individual is under their care, in their presence and still have other guidelines to follow.

we just can't start pointing to people we think are mentally ill and force some form of care on them.

and armed guards concern me for the fact of how the police is already, undertrained and some are corrupt, this is not what i want to have around children.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I think it's more the over medication of young people. It's amazing how many youth are prescribed medication for conditions that were rare a decade ago.
    Is all this medication necessary? If not are the doctors to blame or the pharmaceutical companies? Is it paranoid parents at fault?

Who knows. We can't even agree on what the problem is. For every person to bring a potential cause to the table, there's three to point out another potential cause. Why not wise up and realize there is no one cause, but a lot of causes. The most horrific acts imaginable caused by only lack of gun control or only the state of mental health care? Not likely. A problem that comes from a little bit of everything needs to be fixed with a little bit of everything.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think a ban would work on honest people, not criminals or insane people

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast