Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trade Confirmed but no payment made...what is protocol?

Member offered me "x amount of paypal, I can send it now". I provided my paypal info via pm, then I posted the trade which also included my paypal info. Member hasn't paid and the deal was confirmed last night. What is protocol here? I obviously don't plan on offering lay away programs.

This is a new one for me, I always pay when I agree to purchase a card/lot.

I've never really had much of a problem here, the trade manager feature makes it an easy process.

Seperate Problem here:

I do have another trade that perhaps a moderator could help me with. I paid a member for a card, I PM'd him 10 days later asking for confirmation as I had yet to receive the card. He gives me a sob story and says he can ship it 2 days later... I ask for a refund which is provided. I completed the trade, perhaps I should've put it into dispute, not too sure here. Anyway he wont complete it on his end as he knows what feedback is coming.
    Last edited by 49ers_Bulls_Swag; 12-13-2012 at 01:30 AM.
    WTB Resell Lots! 2011-2012 RC Autos/RPAs/Patches
    If I'm trading up I will give you more value, If I'm trading down I expect to get more value.
    Hidden Content

2. Wata Photo

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (17)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Not sure on official protocol, but if the trade has been left open for a reasonable time (a day) with no confirmation and no payment, I would cancel the trade request and put the item(s) back on the market. If he comes back and asks about them and you feel like trying again go for it but at least that way you aren't stuck holding cards.
    Building sets and only collecting Seahawks I like from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by seahawks4ever View Post
    Not sure on official protocol, but if the trade has been left open for a reasonable time (a day) with no confirmation and no payment, I would cancel the trade request and put the item(s) back on the market. If he comes back and asks about them and you feel like trying again go for it but at least that way you aren't stuck holding cards.
    He confirmed the trade last night but hasn't sent payment...I can't cancel it as it is already confirmed. What to do?

The member has 0 feedback... so obviously not having much faith here.
    Last edited by 49ers_Bulls_Swag; 12-13-2012 at 01:28 AM.
    If I'm trading up I will give you more value, If I'm trading down I expect to get more value.
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (17)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Just went straight outta my realm and into a moderators lol. I've never had a person on SCF agree to send paypal, take the time to confirm then not pay.

Just went straight outta my realm and into a moderators lol. I've never had a person on SCF agree to send paypal, take the time to confirm then not pay.
    Alright thanks. Going to play a game of madden, hopefully a moderator will stumble upon this and provide some insight here or via PM.

-Joe
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (17)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Maybe dispute the trade? PM a moderator first. I would have for you to get some kind of infraction for....I don't know..."abuse of the dispute button" or something.

Maybe dispute the trade? PM a moderator first. I would have for you to get some kind of infraction for....I don't know..."abuse of the dispute button" or something.
    Yes that's a good idea, I didn't think of that.
    Hidden Content

been here before, forum mods told me u cant dispute or anything until after 14 days of no payment. i think that rule is garbage especially if u ask --- r u able to pay asap? n they say ye -------------------- so i guess its cool to sell joe blows for $5,dude hasnt paid or pmd u in 13 days, then on day 14 jim hof gets hurt, joe blows comes in throws 5tds n the card sells for $100 , then dude gives u ur $5

oh n ur other problem u cant leave negative or nuetral bc of the great 14 day rule, trade i can understand 14 days bc some ppl live in the middle of nowhere, but paypal deals come on does it really take 14 days for u to go on paypal n send funds

Quote Originally Posted by m.morris_15 View Post
    oh n ur other problem u cant leave negative or nuetral bc of the great 14 day rule, trade i can understand 14 days bc some ppl live in the middle of nowhere, but paypal deals come on does it really take 14 days for u to go on paypal n send funds
    49ers if you want to PM to discuss what happened feel free.

morris- Not sure where you're getting this information. The 14 days has to do with getting a package in the mail. It's 5 days for payment unless something is agreed upon otherwise(like instant payment or payment when posted).

(b) If your deal has you receiving paypal as payment you may put it into dispute after 5 days

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast