Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 115
  1. #81


    AUTaxMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,937
    Country
    Card Cash
    200.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    1
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    Right if that makes you sleep better at night.
    That is the truth. I don't bring up racial issues, because I don't think race should drive enlightened political debate. You, by a wide margin, are the one who most often brings it up around here.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

    31/99 National Treasures RCs

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by AUTaxMan View Post
    That is the truth. I don't bring up racial issues, because I don't think race should drive enlightened political debate. You, by a wide margin, are the one who most often brings it up around here.

    What world do you live in taxman? Race and politics go hand and hand like peanutbutter and jelly. It would be nice if we didn't live in a world were we only saw race but you and I both know that is not the case.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  3. #83


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,361
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by AUTaxMan View Post
    Everyone has natural prejudices, and it is our job to not let those unreasonably affect our judgment of people. I don't think that's racist. To me, racism is having disdain for a person or group of people, or thinking that they are a lesser level of human, based on nothing other than their race.
    Racism can come out of kindness too. Treating someone differently, better or worse, because of race is racism. Everyone approaches races differently, but it has nothing to do with what race you are, but what race you generally associate with.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  4. #84


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,361
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    What world do you live in taxman? Race and politics go hand and hand like peanutbutter and jelly. It would be nice if we didn't live in a world were we only saw race but you and I both know that is not the case.
    So instead of feeding into it, be the change you wish to see.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  5. #85


    AUTaxMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,937
    Country
    Card Cash
    200.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    1
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    So instead of feeding into it, be the change you wish to see.
    Exactly. The more it's used as a political football, the worse race relations get.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

    31/99 National Treasures RCs

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    Last time I checked Trayvon Martin was a free man and had the right to go out of his house to buy snacks regardless of time of day. Are you suggesting that there should be some kind of curfew for adults? Per you and all the other conservatives Trayvon was a man and got treated like one.
    The fact that you think he was just going out to 'buy a snack' just proves my point that you are reading what you want to, or are just ignoring everything that doesn't fit your point.

    And if he was a 'child' like you claimed, children should have a curfew, adults shouldn't need one....
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

  7. #87
    I just want to get an honest opinion here since nobody hit on it.If Skip Bayless and not Rob parker said something like this would he have been fired instead of suspended like parker? Basically if a white reporter said this would the outcome be suspension?
    "Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here". Jack Nicholson
    The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity. ~Andr Gide
    My Bucket
    Hidden Content

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by ajcorleone View Post
    I just want to get an honest opinion here since nobody hit on it.If Skip Bayless and not Rob parker said something like this would he have been fired instead of suspended like parker? Basically if a white reporter said this would the outcome be suspension?
    Of course he would've. People like Al Sharpton would go nuts until he was, however, Parker says it and does anyone from the black community say anything? Not really...
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

  9. #89


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,361
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by ajcorleone View Post
    I just want to get an honest opinion here since nobody hit on it.If Skip Bayless and not Rob parker said something like this would he have been fired instead of suspended like parker? Basically if a white reporter said this would the outcome be suspension?
    A fair comparison would be him talking about someone "not being white". Parker only spoke of his own race, not others. I think a white guy saying what Parker said would result in more ridicule than discipline.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  10. #90
    thank you for your honesty


    Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    Of course he would've. People like Al Sharpton would go nuts until he was, however, Parker says it and does anyone from the black community say anything? Not really...
    "Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here". Jack Nicholson
    The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity. ~Andr Gide
    My Bucket
    Hidden Content

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •