Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: think

SCF Rewards
    Country

think

one generation's infringements into our liberties and freedoms becomes the next generation's entitlement.

social security from the formation of our country until 20th century did not exist. now an entitlement

abortion from the formation of our country until roe v wade not legal now legalized murder is an entitlement.

civil rights hiring quotas did not exist until affter the 1960's now they are an entitlement for reverse discrimination

removing God from all public places did not occur until the late 20th century now a small group feels empowered and entitled to destroy all references from the public arena

and the list could go on for pages

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome back Aladog...

social security from the formation of our country until 20th century did not exist. now an entitlement

Do you understand that the word "entitlement" is not the bad word that the far right people you probably listen to tell you it is?

abortion from the formation of our country until roe v wade not legal now legalized murder is an entitlement.

Do you think a zygote is a human?

Is a non-viable fetus without proper brain development a human?

Because if science is right, they are not humans in the same sense that you and I are humans and therefore there is no "legalized murder" happening anywhere.

civil rights hiring quotas did not exist until affter the 1960's now they are an entitlement for reverse discrimination

lol, if only we could go back to before 1960s when only white people had rights, am I right?

removing God from all public places did not occur until the late 20th century now a small group feels empowered and entitled to destroy all references from the public arena

This is the best one!

I don't have to say much to explain how flawed this assertion is.

Sorry to ruin your god parade, but this is and always has been a secular society.

If you want to live in a theocracy I recommend Iran, Pakistan, and Afghanistan.

Oh please do go on, this is fun.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

....and Happy Holidays to you.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I'm sorry, but this isn't the 1950s, it's 2012.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country

how did our country survive withou tsuch enlightened people as you. your post just proves my point

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

The right to your guns wasn't what it was until a couple decades ago.

Entitlement indeed.

SCF Rewards
    Country

BTW Aladog, since before the formation of this country until 1865 (that's more than 200 years) we had slavery and now we don't.....clearly this was an entitlement to those folks!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Imagine peoe feeling entitled to interracial schooling!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

alex,

yes it is a human, and for someone who believes in human evolution, you should know it would evolve into a human if not killed.

also, his reference was to reverse discrimination, not the discrimination you mentioned. want proof? look at the placement of Obama's cabinet and how people are complaining it is all white males.
    equality is equality for all, not just one race.

and if we weren't founded on Christian principles explain the so called blue laws that still exist today and up to 20-30 years ago were incredibly strict.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

how did our country survive withou tsuch enlightened people as you. your post just proves my point

You need to live in a cave then, with claymore mines and trip wires for your safety, a black slave at your beck and call and a wife that you can willingly beat. I bet you're Mr. Fun at parties.
    Last edited by centrehice; 12-26-2012 at 08:26 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

one generation's infringements into our liberties and freedoms becomes the next generation's entitlement.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

To me a lot of those show progress in our changing world rather than negatives that you seem to see them as.

Before the 60's civil rights wasn't even a topic because many people didn't see the need. Disagree with things like affirmative action or not, civil rights in general were much needed things to change the thinking of americans. It's sad that we needed regulations to allow minorities to have similar rights as the white majority.

I have no clue how much god existed in public places centuries ago, but our nation is much different than it once was. Long gone are the days where we are a 100% christian country. People have plenty of places to worship their religion and we don't need government schools or places endorsing one over the another or any at all for that matter.

There are definitely flaws with the social security system... the main one being politicians stealing funds from the pot, but if one pays into the pot they should be entitled to get some back when they retire. If I'm not mistaken one's rate is determined by the amount they pay in over their lifetime.

the bottom line is... just because something changes doesn't mean the old way was way better.