Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

ESPN’s Rob Parker says ridiculous things about RG3, takes ‘First Take’ to new levels

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...8822--nfl.html

Curious what everyone's thoughts on this is. I think Parker should be fired. This isn't the first time he's said things like this which are uncalled for. He's completely unprofessional, and sets a bad example as a member of the media.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I'm going to tell it like this. As a blackman I understand where Parker was trying to get at but this is what I have a problem with. Just because a blackman meets and falls in love with a white woman dosent automatically make him a sellout. Not all white people are republican. This was proven in our most recent presidential election. Also does Parker know RGIII on a personal level? Has he heard RGIII making any idiotic statements about politics or race? Does he have proof of RGIII being a republican sympathizer? Finally it was very idiotic to suggest that wearing braids somehow makes one black on both sides. It would have been a interesting discussion but it was handled incorrectly by both Parker and Bayless.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I'm going to tell it like this. As a blackman I understand where Parker was trying to get at but this is what I have a problem with. Just because a blackman meets and falls in love with a white woman dosent automatically make him a sellout. Not all white people are republican. This was proven in our most recent presidential election. Also does Parker know RGIII on a personal level? Has he heard RGIII making any idiotic statements about politics or race? Does he have proof of RGIII being a republican sympathizer? Finally it was very idiotic to suggest that wearing braids somehow makes one black on both sides. It would have been a interesting discussion but it was handled incorrectly by both Parker and Bayless.

Rob Parker never has facts, he just makes ignorant statements. He falsely accused Kirk Cousins of being in a fight that put someone in the hospital years ago that was quickly proven untrue, this is what Parker does though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

ESPN and especially First Take just take stances and say things for shock value to get ratings. Why people watch them (especially First Take) is beyond me. Will he get fired? No because he is just doing what ESPN wants him to do. Doesn't he have a new show coming out for ESPN? They probably just did the segment to create buzz about him so everybody talks about him and then watches his show. That's publicity now. Movie stars and musicians say something "controversial" around the time of their new movie or album coming out to create "buzz" on the Internet.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

First Take should really be cancelled.

This is all they do now....say stupid things and make a big spectacle of the stupidity said on the show.

Why doesn't this happen on PTI or Around the Horn?

Enough clown antics, ESPN has really diminished in the past few years.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Seems like Parker was dancing around calling him an Uncle Tom, just didn't want to say it.

Veggie, I totally agree with what you said about Bayless and Parker! What an ignorant statement about the braids, and Parker just babbling instead of asking direct questions.

Country
    See Frizzzlecake's Items on eBay

Parker's a Clown, he always has sources or people but never names. I always take what he say's in one ear and out the other. As a fan of Skip, I still didn't like the hair, it was awkward to watch live.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Pwaldo you hit it right on the nose.Parker will get a pass for this.If it was Skip bayless he would be fired.But parker is promoting something and he will get to slide

ESPN and especially First Take just take stances and say things for shock value to get ratings. Why people watch them (especially First Take) is beyond me. Will he get fired? No because he is just doing what ESPN wants him to do. Doesn't he have a new show coming out for ESPN? They probably just did the segment to create buzz about him so everybody talks about him and then watches his show. That's publicity now. Movie stars and musicians say something "controversial" around the time of their new movie or album coming out to create "buzz" on the Internet.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I know your a passionate person so i ask even though you think 1st take should be cancelled there are millions that enjoy it.And do you think Parker was exercising his freedom of speech? My only question is what if Steven A said it would it be taken the way it is.Or if Skip said it which like I said would have got him fired immediately.

First Take should really be cancelled.

This is all they do now....say stupid things and make a big spectacle of the stupidity said on the show.

Why doesn't this happen on PTI or Around the Horn?

Enough clown antics, ESPN has really diminished in the past few years.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

^^^Would be ok with the namecalling if RG3 was a confirmed conservative.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast