Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1825262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

just my point, it is banned and yet 27 people die every day, what will banning assault weapons do?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

i didnt say armed guards in every school. how about staff members? principal, VP and so on should at least have access to a firearm. its not perfect but its the reality we live in.

there is no perfect answer and banning certain types of weapons wont change a thing. the only thing that would help is putting something in place like a lock box in the principals offices with a hand gun that only a couple people could access in case of an emergency.

really how much could that cost a school $400 give or take and could potentially save lives. worth it imo
    Last edited by TheNati97; 12-20-2012 at 09:50 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

so putting a firearm in a school is good idea?
    what happens when someone gets it that shouldn't have it?

and who is going to find all these trustworthy guards to guard our children?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

just my point, it is banned and yet 27 people die every day, what will banning assault weapons do?

Here is what I think it will do. Banning assault rifles will begin changing the culture in America that thinks it is cool to possess such weapons. The culture as it exists right now glorifies guns. That needs to change.

I would include a program to buy back ALL weapons on the banned list. I would include legislation that makes it illegal to own a banned weapon with the penalties being a substantial fine for otherwise law-abiding citizens and jail sentences for people with criminal records. I would put an end to the "gun show" exceptions that exist on all gun purchases.

Over time such changes would begin to change the culture and America would become a safer place like so many other civilized countries in the world.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

do you even read the posts or just skim through them? do you understand what a lock box is? and please give me your idea for helping the problem.

for conversations sake what exactly do you guys think an assault weapons ban would accomplish?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Here is what I think it will do. Banning assault rifles will begin changing the culture in America that thinks it is cool to possess such weapons. The culture as it exists right now glorifies guns. That needs to change.

I would include a program to buy back ALL weapons on the banned list. I would include legislation that makes it illegal to own a banned weapon with the penalties being a substantial fine for otherwise law-abiding citizens and jail sentences for people with criminal records. I would put an end to the "gun show" exceptions that exist on all gun purchases.

Over time such changes would begin to change the culture and America would become a safer place like so many other civilized countries in the world.

Do you really think the culture will change? Do you really think Hollywood will stop making violent movies? do you think people will stop playing violent video games? No. life goes on like it or not if it makes them money they will keep pushing violence on people.
    Last edited by TheNati97; 12-20-2012 at 10:33 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

a locked up gun is no help and a gun is no help to those that will freeze instead of using it.

the fact is after such events people think they can do something to stop it next time, but this is just because they don't want to admit sometimes you are helpless and cannot prevent freak things like this from happening.

mortality is a scary thing for some

we can waste time trying to find a solution for something that has none. we cannot even get decent people to abide by the laws that keep us all safe, much less insane or criminal minded people.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

I think just the opposite of this...I remember starting college when I was 18 and drinking was just about the sweetest thing you could do. Once I turned 21 it lost its appeal to get hammered every night. We smoked every now and then too because that was cool, but now it is becoming legal in states and I think that if it was legal we wouldn't have done it. Something about breaking the law makes it seem even cooler...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

a locked up gun is no help and a gun is no help to those that will freeze instead of using it.

the fact is after such events people think they can do something to stop it next time, but this is just because they don't want to admit sometimes you are helpless and cannot prevent freak things like this from happening.

mortality is a scary thing for some

we can waste time trying to find a solution for something that has none. we cannot even get decent people to abide by the laws that keep us all safe, much less insane or criminal minded people.

Most of these shootings end when someone else with a gun shows up. The recent mall shooter had his gun jam and while he was fixing it he saw a citizen with a gun. When the killer got his gun unjammed, instead of continuing the rampage, he shot himself. The police hadn't even arrived and all it took was the sight of someone else with a gun. Not a single shot was fired.

If killers know that they will meet armed resistance at a school, they will not target that school. They want to go somewhere that has easy targets, in other words, our current "Gun Free Zones". In all likelihood, the guns would stay locked up forever and would never be used, but in case of an emergency, it sure would be a nice option to have. If you could freeze time and offer the principle in CT a gun as soon as she knew what was happening, do you think she'd take it? Damn right she would. One shot at the killer and he probably would have stopped what he was doing and offed himself.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

It's gonna happen anyway, so dont bother trying? That's your big point?

Lazy.

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1825262728293031 ... LastLast