Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eric Hosmer /5 Redemption card

Hello, this is my first time submitting a redemption card with Topps and needed some help. So I submitted my redemption about 15 weeks ago and just got an email from Topps reading the following

Dear Consumer.

This email is to inform you that the Topps Company is currently beyond the 15 week processing time allocated for the following redemption card:

Product: Card/Player Name
    2012 Museum Collection Archival Autograph Gold Parallel of Eric Hosmer

"If you no longer wish to wait for the redemption card, please contact our Consumer Relations team in order to place a substitution request for a card of equal Beckett value."

My questions are
    1.) Does anybody know the Beckett value of this card? It's the autographed gold parallel /5.
    2.) If you've had previous experience with a similar situation were they offer you a replacement, do you get to choose a player or card that you may want?
    3.) What is the wait period between choosing a replacement and receiving it?

If you could help me out I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

They won't have a value, since the card has never been made. That's the reason they will give you. If you don't think you got enough value on it they'll just say they can't put a value on a card that was never created. At least thats what they usually do. Which to a point is true, but it still stinks. I'd look online to see completed auctions to see what they usually go for. So they will try to give you something of equal value, but it usually ends up being less than what you expected. The wait period isn't very long. I think they get it in usually out within a week or two. I just got one of them for a Zack Cox Bowman Black autograph #'d/25. They fall 1:700 packs and I asked for a replacement, ended up getting a Manny Machado Bowman Chrome base rookie autograph. Yea not as hard of a pull or numbered, but it still will end up selling better than the Zack Cox in my opinion. But they didn't ask what team I collected or anything just said they'd have a replacement out in the mail next week.
    ~Matt

Does the card or cards from the set sell well on eBay? If so wait for the card to be made. If not then maybe ask them for something of somebody you want in return. I know you can ask Upper Deck for players you want but I'm not sure about Topps.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I only got one replacement from Topps recently after waiting over a year for my auto. I winded up getting something of about equal sell value.. it sucks though because I waited a year, never got the card I wanted and basically just got my money back.

I want this card because it's /5 and an autograph. Hosmer, I think, is also bound to breakout big soon. i think i'm willing to wait and not get replaced with a worse card.

I would wait on the Hosmer. I live in KC and he is going to break out this year so it will be well worth your wait.

Yea I don't blame you. I think Hosmer will be a good one. Hopefully they won't take too long
    ~Matt

how much is this card worth in the open market?

I am still waiting for this redemption.....it was redeemed summer of 2012. time to give up? What would you do?

Greetings:
    I pulled the Eric Hosmer 2012 Archives AUTOGRAPH 1983 MINI #'d 04/25 redemption I waited for him to sign cause I like you got the same letter and when they did get him it came so Hosmer takes a while but it was worth it now I only hope I can get my Series II from the 2012 Topps Jason Heyward Gold Futures AU/GUed card gets redeemed I been waiting on that for over a year now and I just recently and fingers crossed got a 2012 Bowman Platinum Tyrell Jenkins AU refractor so Ill just have to see what occurs.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.

S.R.'75

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast