View Poll Results: Best baseball team in LA?

Voters
8. This poll is closed
  • Dodgers

4 50.00%
  • Angels

4 50.00%

Question Best team in LA?

Both teams added a lot of great players so which LA team is currently better?
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

2. Wata Photo
    Dodgers, they can actually pitch well enough.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

It's pretty close, but I'd go with the Dodgers. The Dogers have a significantly better starting rotation, but the Angels have a slightly better lineup.

You can talk about pitching... but a lineup with Trumbo, Pujols, Hamilton, and Trout (for the full year), can't be beat.
    "The Mets have shown me more ways to lose than I even know existed" -Casey Stengel
    Let's go: Mets/Giants/Knicks/Rangers/Wild/Chelsea/Rutgers
    Autographs of Larry Walker, Yadier Molina, Jason Simontacchi, and So Taguchi Wanted!
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by metsmagic18 View Post
    You can talk about pitching... but a lineup with Trumbo, Pujols, Hamilton, and Trout (for the full year), can't be beat.
    Pitching wins, though.

And it has to be me that just that Mark Trumbo really isn't that good. Aside from the fact he hits Home Runs, he's not good in any other aspect of Baseball. Even with his surprising first half, he managed to have a .320 OBP and was getting benched towards the end of the year or hitting at the bottom of the lineup.

I mean, this is a guy with a career slash line of .259/.302/.478, maybe it's just me, but he shouldn't be considered some great player.
    Last edited by gladdyontherise; 12-18-2012 at 10:40 PM.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

And is the Anahiem lineup really that much better than the dodgers, even with Hamilton?

Gonzalez, Kemp, Eithier, Ramirez?! Thats a middle of the order as good as anyones in baseball.

If Crawford returns to old form after he comes back to the dodgers, this may be the best lineup in all of baseball.......

....Eh, maybe 2nd to Detroit, they got Torii Hunter and they'll have Victor Martinez back, that team could potentially score 850 - 900 runs...

But going back to the topic, The dodgers have a better starting pitching staff, even with the aquisition of Vargas today. You could legitimately say both teams are even offensively, but where the dodgers have the angels beat by a landslide is their bullpens:

Angels projected bullpen:

RHP Ryan Madsen
    RHP Erneso Frieri
    LHP Scott Downs
    RHP Kevin Jepsen
    LHP Sean Burnett
    RHP David Carpenter
    LHP Nick Maronde

2012 combined ERA : 2.99

Dodgers projected bullpen

RHP Brandon League
    RHP Kenley Jansen
    RHP Ronald Belisario
    RHP Javy Guerra
    LHP Hyun-jin Ryu
    RHP Matt Guerrier
    LHP Scott Elbert

2012 combined ERA : 2.67

Angels did better their bullpen by picking up Ryan Madsen and Sean Burnett, but the Dodgers have a much stronger and deeper bullpen. Former closer Javy Guerra would be a projected setup man or closer on most other teams in the majors. The Dodgers are so deep he's the #4 righthander in the bullpen!
    Last edited by Ledd Raubstur; 12-19-2012 at 11:31 PM.
    "I felt I had to prove...that the Yankees are just a team of ballplayers, not a pride of supermen." - Sandy Koufax; after striking out a series record 15 batters in game 1 of the '63 World Series

Lookin 4 vintage Dodgers/Rams, Kemp and Kershaw RCs, Lakers 80s-present

The Dodgers have tons of players who took a step back last season or the season before... if they return to prime shape (Hanley, Crawford, even Beckett??) they would be the dominant force. Right now though, I don't know if you can speculate how well those guys are going to perform. You are right in saying the Dodgers pitching staff leads the way, but there are too many risks in that lineup. We'll have to see how it plays out in the regular season.
    "The Mets have shown me more ways to lose than I even know existed" -Casey Stengel
    Let's go: Mets/Giants/Knicks/Rangers/Wild/Chelsea/Rutgers
    Autographs of Larry Walker, Yadier Molina, Jason Simontacchi, and So Taguchi Wanted!
    Hidden Content

Well I guess the question of this thread is answered right before august. The white-hot dodgers have a 2.5 game lead in the N.L. west and the Angels are 13 gamesback of the A's without a prayer of making the post season.

Who woulda thought of all players it seems to be Hanley Ramirez to be the perverbial straw that sturs the cup of tea known as the dodger offense? That guy named Puig isn't so bad either.

But seriously, what was going through Arti Moreno's mind when he thought Tommy Hanson and Joe Blanton were the solution to the Angels pitching problems? Was he thinking "Oh well, we signed Josh Hamilton, so we'll just win every game 9-8"?

With Blanton 2-13, Hanson constantly hurt and unable to hold 5 run leads, and Hamilton looking to have the worst numbers he's ever had in a full season, I'll bet I know what Ol' Arti 's thinkin now: "Shoulda taken all that money I gave Hamilton and used it to resign Zack Grienke"