Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

World-wide shipping, EXCEPT to Canada?

Anyone come across this before? I asked the seller why, and was told something about Canada being the only country that doesn't recognize USPS tracking numbers, and an incredibly high rate of lost packages. Do any other US sellers out there share this same opinion? I was just a little surprised that Canada would be so much worse than every other country. I'm not trying to call this seller out, he can set whatever parameters he wants, I just haven't heard this opinion before.

Edit: Should have specified this was an Ebay seller.
    Last edited by subban7677; 12-18-2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Clarification

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I don't know about other countries.... But Canada certainly does not track those numbers.... So instead of shipping tracked for 3 bucks.... Americans have to ship for about 15 to send to Canada, and be protected.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I've seen it. I've seen people get very specific and say that they'll ship worldwide including Canada but not the province of Quebec. Too many dishonest people--everywhere--ruin the hobby for both buyers and sellers from that perspective. It sucks to be excluded from an auction and it sucks to sell your cards for much less than they're really worth because of a limited market.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Are we talking about single cards or big orders. I have a pending order coming from D&A and I can track it via the number they gave me. I should state it is a case of a non sport cards and a couple of goodies. or are you talking about tracing via Canada post's site. I choose USPS specifically to avoid getting boned by UPS and according to the site I should have my case today or tomorrow

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know there's one specific seller I buy boxes from on eBay and he uses a certain method of USPS that doesn't have any tracking beyond the border. I can track up to it leaving the departure city on the USPS site (It will say "package has departed whatever city" and after that it arrives when it arrives. Can't get any new info out of USPS and on the Canada Post website it says that tracking is unavailable for this item.

Are we talking about single cards or big orders. I have a pending order coming from D&A and I can track it via the number they gave me. I should state it is a case of a non sport cards and a couple of goodies. or are you talking about tracing via Canada post's site. I choose USPS specifically to avoid getting boned by UPS and according to the site I should have my case today or tomorrow

But yes, there are different ways in USPS that DA uses that allow you to track after the border. I think it obviously costs the seller a little more. Maybe that's why the reluctance.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know there's one specific seller I buy boxes from on eBay and he uses a certain method of USPS that doesn't have any tracking beyond the border. I can track up to it leaving the departure city on the USPS site (It will say "package has departed whatever city" and after that it arrives when it arrives. Can't get any new info out of USPS and on the Canada Post website it says that tracking is unavailable for this item.

But yes, there are different ways in USPS that DA uses that allow you to track after the border. I think it obviously costs the seller a little more. Maybe that's why the reluctance.

The first one you're describing sounds like delivery confirmation, which for packages to Canada really proves nothing other than that the seller sent the package. Even once it's delivered in Canada, they won't receive any real notice of delivery as they would for a domestic package.

You're correct too that there are some services like Priority International that allow American packages to be tracked via USPS up to the point where they are received by Canadian Customs. Once they're out of there, they can be tracked on Canada Post. Same goes for a huge number of countries, which is why we all use the two letter, nine number, two letter code on our mail.

I'm very happy to be living in a border town where I have good friends across the bridge who will bid on those America-only packages for me. It really saves a lot of hassle and unnecessary expense.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (74)
    Country
    Oklahoma State Cowboys Pittsburgh Penguins
    See 9187777's Items on eBay

The only way I have found to ship to Canada with tracking is International Registered. It takes longer but that's because every person how touches the package has to sign on it, USPS, Customs and CPS. Cost right now is about $13 plus the cost of the package.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jpdsportscards's Items on eBay

You can track any package going to canada with the customs number, been doing it for years. I was shipping packages from a US APO address to canada and could even track it using the customs number