Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Dallas Cowboys Toronto Raptors
    Twitter: @@SCardCollective See SportsCardCollective's Items on eBay Instagram:

^ Subbie does have a point...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI(78)
    Country
    See Bramursgrl2004's Items on eBay

I have bought off of Comic Connection quite a bit. He has a very loyal customer base and doesn't carry much singels in the store, he posts almost everything at auction. I live close enough and have the option of picking up my items from him and not pay for shipping, therefore putting in bigger bids since I don't have to pay for shipping. I bet my bid activity is somewhere between 50-60% with this seller, and by no means am I shrilling any of his cards. What may look like shilling may actully not be, it could also be, but he has never done me wrong.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (359)
    Country

He lists a LOT of stuff at the same time. I mean I can honestly say that there have been a few times where he has listed like 5-6 items I seriously wanted to add to my collection, and bid on. And I really only bid on say 10 items max -- so that right there would have put me at 10 items bidding on, with 60% bid activity with that seller. I'm sure my experience isn't unique either. I'm not calling shill, but not saying it is not happening either. Every time I have bid and won on their items though, its been nothing but a pleasureable experience, for what that is worth.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (74)
    Country

Ive bought from this guy more times than I can count. Numerous times ive won cards and been the only bidder. Not saying he isnt shilling, but I dont know why anyone would avoid him. Just place late bids.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Dallas Cowboys Toronto Raptors
    Twitter: @@SCardCollective See SportsCardCollective's Items on eBay Instagram:

I can say I have bought off this user too, have had a excellent experience.. great communication, fast shipping. with someone w/ as many feedbacks as he has his customer base is probably countless # of people who watch his items.

108,000+ feedback @ 100% High DSR over the last 12 months... I give a thumbs up, will do business with mentioned user again....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joshpackham's Items on eBay

i have also bought multiple cards from him, he is always listing matt johnson auto's from bap, never felt like I was getting shilled, and have always been happy with the transaction
    Hidden Content
    I collect Ovechkin, Matt Johnson and Nathan Horton

MY PC
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Also only had good experience with this seller..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See derzockersports's Items on eBay

I have bought off of Comic Connection quite a bit. He has a very loyal customer base and doesn't carry much singels in the store, he posts almost everything at auction. I live close enough and have the option of picking up my items from him and not pay for shipping, therefore putting in bigger bids since I don't have to pay for shipping. I bet my bid activity is somewhere between 50-60% with this seller, and by no means am I shrilling any of his cards. What may look like shilling may actully not be, it could also be, but he has never done me wrong.

I'm not trying to split hairs, but like I said earlier, shilling may be going on with no real intent... The following is from eBay's guidelines on Shill Bidding:

Shill bidding happens when anyone—including family, friends, roommates, employees, or online connections—bids on an item with the intent to artificially increase its price or desirability. In addition, members cannot bid on or buy items in order to artificially increase a seller's Feedback or to improve the item's search standing.

You may not intend to be shilling his listings, but, in effect, you are by eBay's definition. You know the seller and you increase your bid above what you would normally pay if you were paying for shipping. He should be listing as BIN/BO if he is selling locally and to that many repeat customers.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thehosers87's Items on eBay

This is my local card shop, every time I go in the shop he is constantly listing cards. Usually never has below 1000 cards listed on his page at one time. Im sure if you looked at my bidders history it would probably appear as though Im schilling his cards with probably 70 or so percent of my bids on his stuff. The fact of the matter is as many other of his customers do, place bids on numerous amounts of his cards because not only do they avoid shipping but if I want the card enough I can go pick the card up the next day. I was just in the shop today and there was a guy who came in and picked up 36 cards he had bought off of his ebay page, while he was picking the cards up Rich (the owner of Comic Connection) mentioned a person that buys/places bids on hundreds of his cards every month. The sole reason being that he feels he might get the card cheaper by avoiding shipping, he will only go to a certain point so if he doesn't win the auction it may appear to some that he is schill-bidding. I am also guilty of this, there may be a card that im interested in for the right price, so I will bid for it up to that point, but there have been numerous times where it has just gotten out of my range so I let it go. Which if you just look solely at numbers appears to be schilling. If anyone has any questions about the owner or his shop don't hesitate to ask me because I have no problem doing so.

Spencer

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've personally had a few good transactions with this seller, but at the same time I always wondered how they list a bunch of GU cards of scrubs and they sell for $2-4 each. I'd love to get that kind of money for some of the chumps that are on my tradelist.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast