Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Report: Tebow wants to leave Jets

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-...XBhZ2U-;_ylv=3

New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow reportedly will request to be traded or released after the season.

The move is expected if backup quarterback Greg McElroy starts the final two games of the season for the Jets, the New York Daily News reported Tuesday, citing sources.

McElroy, a second year pro, was given the start for this Sunday's game against the San Diego Chargers after Mark Sanchez committed five turnovers in a 14-10 loss at the Tennessee Titans on Monday night.

Tebow was acquired in an off-season trade with the Denver Broncos after they signed quarterback Peyton Manning. The Jets said at the time they planned to make Tebow an integral part of the offense, but he has played sparingly this season behind incumbent Sanchez, who started the first 14 games.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I hope he goes to a team that could use him. The jags are a serious potential future team and they could use him the way he needs to be used.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

I somewhat feel bad for the guy. Sanchez has stunk it up and Rex Ryan just let's him start game after game. If McElroy struggles in the next game, I can see Tebow coming in which will more than likely be an audition for a new team next year.
    Hidden Content
    **Hidden Content **
    Bucket Updated 4/5/14

Rumors of him coming to Canada has been a hot topic today on sports radio. Montreal are trying to lure him here.
    Hidden Content
    I trade by SV,PV (Common sense) only. Im only looking for PC needs.

I don't feel bad for him, he makes millions of dollars and isn't even good at being a QB.

Someone thinks too highly of himself....
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

why would the jets bring him in when their idea of using him successfully is a direct snap and having him run head first into the line. they really havent even let him play even when sanchez is turning the ball over every series they barely put him in. atleast give the guy a chance.

Its more politics than anything. They payed sanchez a bunch of money and the only way they can have a legitimate reason to get rid of him is to keep using him and let him dig his own hole. Now that they benched him and the season is over it makes more sense to start the young guy and see what he can do instead of starting tebow. They commited to sanchez, so as bad as it sounds they have to stick with him till they have uncontested reason not to. Unfortunately it cost them the season. They put themselves in this hole when they extended sanchezs contract. They should have never done that. No one would trade for him with the money he is making now.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    I don't feel bad for him, he makes millions of dollars and isn't even good at being a QB.

Someone thinks too highly of himself....
    Actually his contract is almost entirely incentive based. He signed a 5 year $33 million deal, but his base salary for 2012 is just $1.1 million. Not bad money, but not what he can earn if he is starting and winning. Unless he gets a certain amount of playing time, leads his team to the playoffs, etc. then he will never see the bulk of his contract. IMO the Jets are leaving him on the bench because it saves them money.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    Actually his contract is almost entirely incentive based. He signed a 5 year $33 million deal, but his base salary for 2012 is just $1.1 million. Not bad money, but not what he can earn if he is starting and winning. Unless he gets a certain amount of playing time, leads his team to the playoffs, etc. then he will never see the bulk of his contract. IMO the Jets are leaving him on the bench because it saves them money.
    I took into account his marketing deals. He's making millions from all his deals, therefore, I couldn't feel less sorry for him.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

I don't feel sorry for him in the sense of he's not living comfortably, but it's got to be tough to get a chance to play last season and have success and then get traded to the Jets who have no clue about using him. Plus the fact that they are going with McElroy is another kick to the gut. The Jets trading for him has to be one of the most confusing trades of late. It makes zero sense no more so than it did at the time they got him right after they gave sanchez a huge contract. The Jets are a mess. I'm not a big tebow fan but he had some great games last season. I'd love to see him go somewhere that will at least allow him to compete for the QB job.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast