Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Sexual education, should contain all the Birds and Bees stuff, and should begin with examples from the Animal World. Kids will quickly enough be jolted and thrown into the sexual melting pot as soon as they start puberty, or slightly before.

We need to inform them that reproduction is different than personal sexual preference, and that I am told is still not being taught in schools on any level.

What gives Straight, Homophobic individuals the right to call their lifestyle a lifestyle base on "Traditional Values"

I know many gay people that live their lives based on real "Traditional Values" but have a different sexual preference.

Vive la difference.

Again, I'm with you for the most part. It has nothing to do with "traditional" and everything to do with leaving sex out ofkids TV. Sexual preference does relate mostly to sex. I can love another man without being gay and without finding him attractive. Why do we need to throw sex at kids so early on in the name of acceptance.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Hence my comment about them being jolted and thrown into the sexual deep end when puberty strikes. We can only prepare them for what's out there and approach things open-mindedly.

I agree that when they are kids, let sleeping dogs lie. Let them be kids and don't expose them to things that will all be approached in due time as they grow. Being a kid should only be about growing up with a polite attitude and having fun.

Again, I'm with you for the most part. It has nothing to do with "traditional" and everything to do with leaving sex out ofkids TV. Sexual preference does relate mostly to sex. I can love another man without being gay and without finding him attractive. Why do we need to throw sex at kids so early on in the name of acceptance.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I think it would be great to have more gay and lesbian influence on TV just like it is when there are more minorities on tv, but if they are kids shows the sexuality of the actors shouldn't even really be known. I guess you have some teen shows that have teen actors who have boy friends or girl friends. I wouldn't have an issue with that being present in shows for teenagers, but if they are shows for younger kids dating really shouldn't even be a topic within the show.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

This is my question. I don't think gays and bis should be kept off children's TV, but I don't think they should be sought out for it either. It should be the best person for the job, quotas be damned.

I have to wonder what the point is. I don't think "it would be confusing for kids" is a valid argument against. Everything is confusing to kids. I just think this isn't an area children's TV needs to cover. And if you're going to cover it, can you not have gay characters without necessarily having gay actors? They are actors after all. Children's TV shouldn't have a sexual preference.

I was going to say something very similar and couldn't seem to find the right words. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Hence my comment about them being jolted and thrown into the sexual deep end when puberty strikes. We can only prepare them for what's out there and approach things open-mindedly.

I agree that when they are kids, let sleeping dogs lie. Let them be kids and don't expose them to things that will all be approached in due time as they grow. Being a kid should only be about growing up with a polite attitude and having fun.

Yeah, but shouldn't we be teaching them to take these things as they come, not trying to prepare them for every individual thing?

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Well it's kind of impossible to prepare them for each and every thing. My kid knows what to do in any emergency, he has not had a test, but I am teaching him to be rational and think if he is ever in a situation that he is uncomfortable in, or that demands action on his part, as one day eventually, I won't be there to guide or support his decisions.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Meanwhile...back at the outhouse, things are starting to pile up...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

the parents/parent should be teaching kids about sex, not the TV.

and most people who are homosexual don't have a certain look, you would never know, this makes no sense.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

and most people who are homosexual don't have a certain look, you would never know, this makes no sense.

One of my kid's favourites is gay, actually. Rooney from the Doodle ops. I thought he might be until I looked him up on IMDB and saw his only other credit is an episode of Queer as Folk. I have no problem with him being on the show or with my daughter thinking he's awesome but I also don't think it's necessary for him to be gay.

That said, the show doesn't say a word one way or the other and it shouldn't.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

It's just too bad a lot of the don't and want to point the fingers at everyone but themselves on why their head is so screwed up in the head.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast