Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

At what point did society say, "Teachers shouldn't parent my kids, TV should!"?

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

School is really just another Babysitting service for parents that must work, or feel they must work. This is the reason that there is so much common sickness that comes from the school environment. In the 60's if a kid was sick, he/she stayed home with one parent.

Now with single parent families, and, or both parents working, the parents do not have a ready solution when their child is sick other than to send them to school.

We live in a generation whereby Schools, TV, Video Games, Computers, and Malls are the parents of the child, not Mum or Dad.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Yeah, but that's not what I asked.

BANNED

Country

I realize that, but I was making a general statement about how children are treated. Society relies on everything but parents to raise children.

Daycare can also be added to my comment above. As long as parents are showing a willingness to have others services deal with their child in waking hours, nothing will change.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

so you think a parent has the same resources and skills to teach a child everything they need to know or could know from age 6-21?

every child should attend school till they are 21 (in my opinion), but sex, religion, and politics should be taught by the parents (not forced)

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

so you think a parent has the same resources and skills to teach a child everything they need to know or could know from age 6-21?

every child should attend school till they are 21 (in my opinion), but sex, religion, and politics should be taught by the parents (not forced)

Well, at the same time I don't believe one should be able to graduate high school without knowing how to procreate. Sex education is a necessity.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

that's why i said parents would teach about sex

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

that's why i said parents would teach about sex

Unfortunately, we're not in that world. What I can say is we've taken all power from teachers and are slowly handing it off to show producers and ad execs.

BANNED

Country

Exactly. Many parents are not too happy having to be the ones to direct children about what sex entails, when to have it, etc.

I have only one child, a Son, but I know that if I had a daughter, I would have a much more difficult time in my explanation about sexual matters. Don't get me wrong, I would not abstain from the instruction, I would just have a little more difficult time telling a female child over a male child.

I have Men friends that have daughters, and they are frightened to death about their children approaching sexual proclivity and leaving the education to their spouse. For many it sickens them to think that some day their daughter will be more than willing to climb on.

BANNED

Country

I don't know that religious instruction is actually taught. Very few families go over the World's comprehensive religions with their children. If the parent is a semi-devout christian, then that instruction becomes an indoctrination, with no middle ground and no questions asked.

We live in a non-religious home. My wife was raised Jewish, yet does not practice Judaism or eat Kosher. I was raised a catholic, and am now an atheist do to child persecution, bodily threats, violence from striking by teachers and nuns, and mental anguish performed by priests and nuns, and teachers.

We have taught my Son that that this is a non-religious environment, and if he is to live under this roof as a minor, we will not allow any religious indoctrination from any outside source, nor will be tolerate any religious persecutions from any of his friends toward him.

He has been told since he was 4 years old, that should he turn legal age, he can make his own determination about religion, should he decide to be a part of one. I am here to lay out the facts for him regarding all World religions, their benefits (if any), and most importantly their pitfalls and some of the jingoistic baggage that they all carry.

Religion is an adult decision, not a child's indoctrination.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast