Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 137 of 282 FirstFirst ... 3787127134135136137138139140147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2816

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See think_of_one's Items on eBay

He should list it with a BIN or best offer then. Most auctions increase the most in the last few hours of the listing. I don't think you can cancel the auction if there is less than 24 hours left.

thats what i said to him.... if you want a set price put a BIN or Reserve pricing on it... and you are right about the 24 hrs thing... thats why he keeps doing it with a day and a half before listing ends. - oh and he doesnt want to pay the listing fees for reserve auction... lol and i was wiling to pay the 13% sales tax he had on it too....

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

If you end an auction early and it has a lead bid, you forfeit eBay commission for 9% of the bid, even though the auction did not end.

eBay has made the assumption, that all ended auctions are sold for more than whatever the starting price was, or the current bid price was when it was ended.

Little do the fools at eBay know that people lose the items, break the items, etc. Hell, I've ended 5-6 auctions, just dropping the card and bashing a corner trying to put the damn thing into a top-loader, or you easily knock a card off your desk or table.

eBay are just a company of presumptive nonces, that try to control your inventories.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

Looking for some input on an issue. I had a card listed for BIN $120, which someone hit overnight. However, when I listed it I kept the default shipping costs at my prices without tracking but there is a line in my listing under "Shipping" where it says "For auctions ending at $50.00 or more, insured shipping will be required. $14.99 to anywhere in North America". Normally I just revise the invoice and plug in the amount since I also charge a different amount for overseas as well. This person however, paid immediately ($3.99).

Any thoughts on what I should do? The person has 113 feedback, 100% positive.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hang_time8's Items on eBay

You could contact the buyer and explain. He the buyer doesn't like it then you can decide if $10 is worth not selling the card at all or cancel the sale and relist. My guess is that anything with I BIN has a bit of an inflated price anyways so selling at $110 probably isn't the end of the world.
    Looking for some input on an issue. I had a card listed for BIN $120, which someone hit overnight. However, when I listed it I kept the default shipping costs at my prices without tracking but there is a line in my listing under "Shipping" where it says "For auctions ending at $50.00 or more, insured shipping will be required. $14.99 to anywhere in North America". Normally I just revise the invoice and plug in the amount since I also charge a different amount for overseas as well. This person however, paid immediately ($3.99).

Any thoughts on what I should do? The person has 113 feedback, 100% positive.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You could contact the buyer and explain. He the buyer doesn't like it then you can decide if $10 is worth not selling the card at all or cancel the sale and relist. My guess is that anything with I BIN has a bit of an inflated price anyways so selling at $110 probably isn't the end of the world.

Ok thanks. So is there a way to cancel the sale though and revise the shipping without being charged the 9% final sale fee again? I'm just thinking I would have to pay the fee twice (unless I'm wrong)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hang_time8's Items on eBay

Ok thanks. So is there a way to cancel the sale though and revise the shipping without being charged the 9% final sale fee again? I'm just thinking I would have to pay the fee twice (unless I'm wrong)

I'm not sure. The hassle might not be worth the $10 lol. Would you have been happy with a sale price off $110?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See GSRfan's Items on eBay

Here's the story:

Bought a 15 USD dlvd card. Card came in bubble mailer in a penny sleeve, team bag, and with ONE decoy. No toploader, not an extra decoy to sandwich it. Is it justifiable to leave neutral feedback in this case? Card was not damaged but oy, shipping methods.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Have the people that run eBay lost their minds? I was listing a bunch of stuff yesterday, and had TWO auctions canceled becuase they're duplicates. You know what?? They're NOT duplicates, I've got two of the same card for sure.

They tell you in the notification that you should just do a single listing, but up the quantity, which is a farce. I mean, I could do it... and if I've got two jersey cards that I want $10 each - just tell the buyer to tell me which one he wants..... but then what happens if I load up eBay in the morning, both copies sold, and both buyers want the same one?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not sure. The hassle might not be worth the $10 lol. Would you have been happy with a sale price off $110?

For a bit I was trying to figure out where the $10 is coming from. Now I see it is the difference between what I do charge and what he paid. I see your point and yes, for that much of a difference I may as well just eat the difference and send it to avoid the hassle.
    Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Have the people that run eBay lost their minds? I was listing a bunch of stuff yesterday, and had TWO auctions canceled becuase they're duplicates. You know what?? They're NOT duplicates, I've got two of the same card for sure.

They tell you in the notification that you should just do a single listing, but up the quantity, which is a farce. I mean, I could do it... and if I've got two jersey cards that I want $10 each - just tell the buyer to tell me which one he wants..... but then what happens if I load up eBay in the morning, both copies sold, and both buyers want the same one?

Are they pretty much exact duplicates, or are the jersey swatches different colors? If they are different I usually just sell one and then relist it after the first one sells with a new scan. If they are the same, then you can just up the quantity. Hope that helps!

Mark
    aka Bear Ridge Collectibles

Page 137 of 282 FirstFirst ... 3787127134135136137138139140147187237 ... LastLast