Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 184 of 282 FirstFirst ... 84134174181182183184185186187194234 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2816

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Rich people are nailed all the time for Ponzi Scemes, insider trading and the lot. I don't think $20+ an hour would would make someone immune from being a thief.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I highly doubt someone working for the postal service would exchange losing their job at $20+ an hour plus benefits for sports cards.That would be pretty idiotic.

I'm not throwing all carriers under the bus, but those idiots are out there:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...cards/9479757/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

I have a package right now that im losing my mind about and something is not adding up. Says it was delivered to my mailbox (at the exact same time it went out for delivery) yet I do not have it, nor was there a key left for a private box. Ive left notes in my box in which mister mailman has responded to each with things such as "did you receive a pick up card?.. NO, tracking says delivered successfully", "all private box keys have been accounted for, ill check the depot".
    Of course, its a 500$ package of signed photos.

Date Time Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
    2015/01/23 15:51 EDMONTON Item successfully delivered to community mailbox or parcel locker. 1442
    15:51 EDMONTON Item out for delivery 0174
    2015/01/20 07:20 EDMONTON Item processed at local delivery facility Learn More The item has arrived at the destination facility for final sorting before delivery. Look for an "Out for Delivery" scan today or tomorrow to know when delivery will occur. You can also sign up for email notifications. 0170
    2015/01/19 18:22 EDMONTON Item processed 0100
    2015/01/16 00:49 MISSISSAUGA In transit Learn More The item is travelling to its destination. It will remain in this state until it arrives at the final processing location. Typically, the final processing scan occurs on the expected delivery date or the day before at the local delivery facility. Check this date to know when we will attempt delivery. 0175
    2015/01/15 22:23 MISSISSAUGA Item processed 0100
    12:09 CANNINGTON Item accepted at the Post Office

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm pretty sure someone posted an article about a ring of USPS employees, or a USPS employee, who was stealing cards from the mail and then re-selling them, so it's not as if the post is an "accusation". It's been known to happen.

As to not being able to label them as "sports cards" well......first of all, employees shouldn't think about stealing anything no matter what it's labeled. The System and Customs (if being sent internationally) are asking you to declare what's inside. Second, the reason people don't label them "sports cards" is because.........they don't trust the postal system.

I find it odd that you'd have a problem with people labelling them "sports cards" (i.e. they get what they deserve if they're stolen) and in the same breath say you have a problem with people "accusing" the USPS.

As far as I understand the postal system, it's in the hands of your brethren from the moment it's sent to the moment it arrives, so.........

I was just saying it wasn't smart to do PERIOD...not for w'e reason someone WOULDN't label it that way.Secondly...any person caught in the act of stealing(IN ANY LINE OF WORK) deserves what they get..."Don't do the crime if you can't do the time".Lastly...I simply was stating earlier in my post...the odds of someone putting a great paying career on the line for stealing sports cards is highly unlikely.Does it happen? YES...Has it happened ? YES...which led me to say later...don't ring the dinner bell and that will cut down on the %'s.There are many questions you are asked when bringing your item to the post office..any liquid ,hazardous materials etc. As long as you say NO to all of the those...you shouldn't have to label whats inside.I've never ONCE labeled contents when I've sent through the mail system.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have a package right now that im losing my mind about and something is not adding up. Says it was delivered to my mailbox (at the exact same time it went out for delivery) yet I do not have it, nor was there a key left for a private box. Ive left notes in my box in which mister mailman has responded to each with things such as "did you receive a pick up card?.. NO, tracking says delivered successfully", "all private box keys have been accounted for, ill check the depot".
    Of course, its a 500$ package of signed photos.

Date Time Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
    2015/01/23 15:51 EDMONTON Item successfully delivered to community mailbox or parcel locker. 1442
    15:51 EDMONTON Item out for delivery 0174
    2015/01/20 07:20 EDMONTON Item processed at local delivery facility Learn More The item has arrived at the destination facility for final sorting before delivery. Look for an "Out for Delivery" scan today or tomorrow to know when delivery will occur. You can also sign up for email notifications. 0170
    2015/01/19 18:22 EDMONTON Item processed 0100
    2015/01/16 00:49 MISSISSAUGA In transit Learn More The item is travelling to its destination. It will remain in this state until it arrives at the final processing location. Typically, the final processing scan occurs on the expected delivery date or the day before at the local delivery facility. Check this date to know when we will attempt delivery. 0175
    2015/01/15 22:23 MISSISSAUGA Item processed 0100
    12:09 CANNINGTON Item accepted at the Post Office

I would print that out and bring it to the postmaster at your office.No way those times should happen....but as you posted..it did.You are very rigth...something doesn't add up.Did the shipper at least have insurance on the package?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Sigh. The exchange rate plus Paypal's EXTRA exchange rate means $69US comes to $91CDN and $150US comes to $195CDN. Not so much an eBay issue as it is a damning indictment of the Stephen Harper Conservatives. Or my own foolish spending ways. Haven't decided which yet.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Not an eBay issue but USD to CAD or vice versa is ridiculous right now. I used to print a shipping label to Europe for $6.51 CAD and now costs me $7.50. I charge $6.25 USD to Europe which at the time covered the cost plus the PayPal fees but now $6.25 USD is around $7.50 so I am losing money. Not much and I will continue to charge that price but I haven't seen anything on Canada Post website about altered prices. Guess it's a PayPal/Pitney Bowes thing. Not to say those two companies have anything to do with eachtoher... just saying.

Also the CAD isn't that horrible because of Harper and the Conservatives... the USD is being inflated and because everything is based on USD everyone else feels it more. There could be another 2008 economic collapse of the USD soon and this time there will be no recovery but more like a push to a global currency. I'm not saying it will happen soon as years ago I thought it would have happened by now but I haven't paid attention to market movements in two years so I cannot say that it will happen soon but it is most definitely going to happen.

The plus side of this is we can sell to USA and get more CAD in return. My new shipping charges haven't exceeded the 122% of conversion rate so I still benefit. Problem is less Canadians are buying at USD prices if they are listed the same as a few months ago.

Hawk2618.. I've always had to declare the contents in the package for customs. To Europe I've always had to do this. Since Canada Post upped their prices last year, same with USA and the introduction of Global Shipping Program I now have to do it for any package going to USA. If I say 'documents' then I don't have to declare the contents or value. If it is of value then it has to be shipped as a 'Parcel' instead of an over-sized letter and you have to declare contents and value. I always lie and put down a devalued price and a broad term which could mean just about anything like 'collectible' '$10'. Much safer than declaring 'sports card' '$80'. And hell of a lot safer than declaring 'Silver' '$100'.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I just like blaming Harper for everything :D

And I guess I should get off my lazy butt and try selling some stuff...........

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

If it makes you feel any better (and it works for me) one of the reasons for the weak Canadian dollar is plummeting oil prices. While my hockey card transactions are now more expensive, it only costs me about $50 to fill the tank in my Caravan rather than the $90 it was just a few months ago. MORE than makes up for it :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See n7unleashed's Items on eBay

New non-paying bidder - turco_jeanj Jean-Jacques Turcotte from Chandler, Quebec. Took a while to respond to my message, said he would pay in four days when I asked why "my kid is in the hospital," four days later when I ask if he is going to pay his excuse is "I just pulled this card in a pack can you cancel the transaction."

Page 184 of 282 FirstFirst ... 84134174181182183184185186187194234 ... LastLast