Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 28 of 282 FirstFirst ... 18252627282930313878128 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

So wait a second this DSR rating is something that ebay performs and not the actual buyers?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I don't get it at all, you have 595 positives and no negatives over the course of the year and 5, 5, 5 & 4.8 DSRs and they're holding your money????

Before I quit selling, I charged $3-$4.50 to Canada and $4-6.00 to the USA, depending on quantity. Sometimes I'd make a tiny profit, sometimes I'd eat the extra postage charges. I did the same as you, shipping next morning, sometimes up til midnight on a Monday or Tuesday packing stuff up........end result being 5, 5, 5 & 4.9 DSRs.

I miss buying the giant lots and picking out the stuff I want and then flipping the rest, but the work involved with selling? And then YOUR story? I'm glad I quit :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

As a buyer in Canada, if a Canadian seller offered $4 shipping for next day delivery, I would consider that to be very reasonable. However, I would consider it to be very unreasonable if it was shipped regular delivery.

The cost of postage is $1.51 including taxes. At Dollarama a pack of three bubble mailers comes out to about $0.38 per mailer. So far under $2. I have made so many purchases that I do not think I, personally, would have to buy top loaders and penny sleeves again since they can be reused (I store most of my cards in binders in sleeves for the low-end cards and magnetic one-touch holders for the more expensive ones.) Tape is pretty inexpensive considering how many times it is used. I know some people factor their "time" into the cost. So taking all that into account, I would think $3 maximum should be charged for single cards. Anything above that I seriously question. For me...I would be charging $2 to $2.50.

And if I received a card in a PWE in a top loader and penny sleeve (which I have and am alright with for low end cards) I would expect shipping to be $1 since the postage is even cheaper! With that method $3 would be asking way to much!

BANNED

Country
    See hockey_99's Items on eBay

just start putting free shipping and add the extra cost on top of what the card costs. if you sell your card for $15.00 sell it instead for $19.99, i dunno, just an idea im sure you've already thought about. Im not a fan of ebay either. they have alot of stuff to work out.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you could provide a reason as to why you charge $4 to Canada and $5 to the US, I might feel bad for you... But seriously dude, you're doubling your money on every transaction. I don't blame buyers for having a problem.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (8)
    Country
    Navy
    See cbuskstwar's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

just start putting free shipping and add the extra cost on top of what the card costs. if you sell your card for $15.00 sell it instead for $19.99, i dunno, just an idea im sure you've already thought about. Im not a fan of ebay either. they have alot of stuff to work out.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

If you could provide a reason as to why you charge $4 to Canada and $5 to the US, I might feel bad for you... But seriously dude, you're doubling your money on every transaction. I don't blame buyers for having a problem.

I appreciate your thoughts regarding this, for sure a different perspective from mine. My reason is very clearly stated in my explanation, however I didn't create this thread looking for validation from other people.

Your comment raised some more thoughts about Ebay's DSR program, specifically the Shipping and Handling DSR. As a seller I should be allowed to charge whatever I like, and yes if that means doubling my money, well I will never apologize for making money. To penalize a seller for successfully completing a transaction on Ebay simply because the buyer was unhappy with their decision to purchase the card is ludicrous. When I am looking to purchase a card on Ebay, and the price, whether it be the actual price of the card or the actual price for shipping and handling, I feel is to high then I don't purchase, simple as that, I move on. So if I'm charging more then what the market feels is normal then they won't buy, that is what the penalty should be and would be, if I wanted to sell I would need to adjust my prices.

But to penalize us after completing fast successful transactions based on the purchasers own OPINIONS(ie what each individual feels to be fair shipping and handling), but they still leave me a shining positive feedback makes very little sense.

This makes me think about the "Nanny State" and if any of you know what I'm talking about then you will understand the reference. Ebay is like government, all the little peons need to be controlled and protected from themselves.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (116)
    Country
    See patsfan12's Items on eBay

Quite frankly, I don't get why people still charge S&H on BIN/BO items. Ebay charges fees on the entire transaction and you end up paying slightly more by having the S&H separate. Simply put your prices and accepted offers at a level that fairly compensates for S&H on top of the item price and you won't have this issue. You still get the same price for the card without the DSR hassle. Simple solution.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (4)
    Country
    See mothepipes's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I charge 2.50 to Canada and 3.00 to the U.S, and offer the same service.

Buyers mostly look at the stamp cost, they dont care about the 20 cent mailer, 10 cent top load and 1 cent penny sleeve.Unless your a business handling fee`s like your time and gas money... its your only way of selling the card unless you rent a table at some card show.

I remember a thread on H.I where a guy, if he figured you made more then 20 cents on shipping would give you a 3 star rating at most.

People want to get there cards for nothing and after complain they cant make 20% back on there box break go figure.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I appreciate your thoughts regarding this, for sure a different perspective from mine. My reason is very clearly stated in my explanation, however I didn't create this thread looking for validation from other people.

Your comment raised some more thoughts about Ebay's DSR program, specifically the Shipping and Handling DSR. As a seller I should be allowed to charge whatever I like, and yes if that means doubling my money, well I will never apologize for making money. To penalize a seller for successfully completing a transaction on Ebay simply because the buyer was unhappy with their decision to purchase the card is ludicrous. When I am looking to purchase a card on Ebay, and the price, whether it be the actual price of the card or the actual price for shipping and handling, I feel is to high then I don't purchase, simple as that, I move on. So if I'm charging more then what the market feels is normal then they won't buy, that is what the penalty should be and would be, if I wanted to sell I would need to adjust my prices.

But to penalize us after completing fast successful transactions based on the purchasers own OPINIONS(ie what each individual feels to be fair shipping and handling), but they still leave me a shining positive feedback makes very little sense.

This makes me think about the "Nanny State" and if any of you know what I'm talking about then you will understand the reference. Ebay is like government, all the little peons need to be controlled and protected from themselves.

I'm going to disagree with if you feel the price is too high than move on. I collect HOF game-used cards. When trying to complete the task of getting a game-used card for every HOF'er who has one many times you need to pay whatever you can get it. Some HOF'ers have very few game-used cards, many times 400 or fewer have been produced. Some of the cards you very rarely see up for bid so you need to grab it when you can or be forced to check eBay each and every day. I've made the mistake of only checking once a week believing it would be a seven day auction and many times a card was listed with a three day auction or a BIN. Many times I had to buy a card with a higher cost for shipping than I would have liked but I was forced to buy it since I did not want to check eBay every day to see if a card was listed.

You said yourself " I should be allowed to charge whatever I like, and yes if that means doubling my money, well I will never apologize for making money". With that said you are acknowledging that if you double your money on shipping all is well and good. As a buyer who does not sell I look at what the actual cost of shipping would be in determining how many stars a seller will get. If a seller is charging double what it actually cost to ship he/she will receive the appropriate star rating. I could care less about receiving brand new penny sleeves, team bags or top loaders. I've bought enough cards that I have top loaders coming out my bottom loader. As was stated if you recycle penny sleeves, team bags and top loaders you can save on cost. Every card I receive goes into a new penny sleeve. I don't know how long that card has been sitting in someone else's penny sleeve. I ask you this, why should someone who charges double of what it actually cost to ship receive the same rating as someone who charges something more in line with the actual cost or even offers free shipping? I know if I were a seller I would not be happy if someone gave me the same rating as someone who charged double the cost. JMO.

...Rick
    Last edited by NY Sports Teams; 03-23-2013 at 03:34 AM.

Page 28 of 282 FirstFirst ... 18252627282930313878128 ... LastLast