Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 52 of 282 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562102152 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

On another note, I think I'm about to receive my first negative ever (IIRC) as a seller on eBay, over a $1 card. Got this message from a buyer today:

"Dear gallinator,

Hi Paul. Rec'd my purch & am very sorry to say, it's unacceptable! The card contains two cut/scratches on front 1 on left hip & 1 one left ankel on front of card which was not addressed in ur auction. When I remitted my monies for this purch, I specifically req'd That U Pls Make Sure Subj Purch Was Free of Defects/Damage/Flaws Prior to Shpg. Pls refund to my PP $3.00 USING THE REFUND FORMAT, unless u might have a suitable replacement? PLMK as to how u wish to correct this problem? Thanking u in advance.

Bill

- wjdurbin1"

I knew this guy was trouble from the note he included with payment and should have heeded my instincts to just refund his money...however, the card was absolutely beautiful and flawless and I figured surely would meet his exacting specifications - nope!

So, after checking this guy's feedback left for others, it appears he does this a LOT - and I'll bet most sellers just give him the $$ back and let him keep the card. Check out his toolhaus.org record (one of the worst I've ever seen!)

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...eft+by&Many=ON

Question: Does anyone know if eBay will do anything about this guy if I file some sort of complaint? Or should I wait for the inevitable neg and try to get it erased after the fact? Any insight would be appreciated.

Paul

P.S.: These cards were all pack fresh and shipped in a penny sleeve, top loader, team bags, decoys on either side taped with painter's tape and another decoy across for rigidity - no way did it get damaged during shipping!

Update: I went ahead and reported him using the "Report a Buyer" link - as I haven't sold much on eBay recently, I did not know that was there!

Further update: This buyer ignored my initial response to him (asking him to be more specific as to the location of the damage - which of course doesn't exist) and opened up a case with eBay for receipt of "damaged" goods. I replied using the messaging contained within the case, indicating he had ignored my inquiry. He then sent me a message stating my eBay message had ended up in his junk folder (yeah, right) and that he was sure we could work this out. I replied with the following:

"Dear wjdurbin1,

Bill: I think we're going to have to let eBay make a determination on this one. I've taken a closer look at your feedback patterns and there seems to be an alarmingly high amount of dissatisfaction with the cards that you've purchased over the years. I might even suggest that eBay may not be the best place to buy your cards, since you seem to have an extremely low tolerance for the slightest of defects. I will understand if you feel you must leave me a negative feedback, but I simply cannot see any defects on the card and I packed it very securely so as to avoid any damage in transit. Unfortunately, with collectibles I must have a "no return" policy as there is no way to avoid possible swapping out of the card.

I hope you will enjoy the card and do not consider it a waste of money. Going forward, I must respectfully ask that you refrain from bidding on my auctions, as I will be unable to guarantee your satisfaction.

Paul

- gallinator"

Of course I've already blocked him from my auctions. So, he didn't respond to me but instead closed his case and replied in the case notes:

"Buyer's message:
    SELLER REFUSES TO REFUND FOR THE DAMAGED ITEM & WANTS TO LEAVE IT UP TO EBAY CUSTOMER SUPPORT! PLS HELP."

I think this is great, since if he chooses to leave me a neg now, I will request its removal, citing the closed case and his track record as evidence of his wrong - dare I say evil? - intent.

I'm sure this isn't over, but I'm glad I just didn't refund this joker's $3 as I'm sure was his initial goal. I'm going to fight this one all the way!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

Further update: This buyer ignored my initial response to him (asking him to be more specific as to the location of the damage - which of course doesn't exist) and opened up a case with eBay for receipt of "damaged" goods. I replied using the messaging contained within the case, indicating he had ignored my inquiry. He then sent me a message stating my eBay message had ended up in his junk folder (yeah, right) and that he was sure we could work this out. I replied with the following:

"Dear wjdurbin1,

Bill: I think we're going to have to let eBay make a determination on this one. I've taken a closer look at your feedback patterns and there seems to be an alarmingly high amount of dissatisfaction with the cards that you've purchased over the years. I might even suggest that eBay may not be the best place to buy your cards, since you seem to have an extremely low tolerance for the slightest of defects. I will understand if you feel you must leave me a negative feedback, but I simply cannot see any defects on the card and I packed it very securely so as to avoid any damage in transit. Unfortunately, with collectibles I must have a "no return" policy as there is no way to avoid possible swapping out of the card.

I hope you will enjoy the card and do not consider it a waste of money. Going forward, I must respectfully ask that you refrain from bidding on my auctions, as I will be unable to guarantee your satisfaction.

Paul

- gallinator"

Of course I've already blocked him from my auctions. So, he didn't respond to me but instead closed his case and replied in the case notes:

"Buyer's message:
    SELLER REFUSES TO REFUND FOR THE DAMAGED ITEM & WANTS TO LEAVE IT UP TO EBAY CUSTOMER SUPPORT! PLS HELP."

I think this is great, since if he chooses to leave me a neg now, I will request its removal, citing the closed case and his track record as evidence of his wrong - dare I say evil? - intent.

I'm sure this isn't over, but I'm glad I just didn't refund this joker's $3 as I'm sure was his initial goal. I'm going to fight this one all the way!

Good for you for standing up to this buyer. Only problem is, Paypal and eBay will still side with them because that is how they operate. They will also refund their money and deduct it from your account. Seems odd right? It's happened to me! It's also happened to a friend of mine who has over 21,000 feedback on eBay.
    You'll also take a hit against your DSR and your selling privileges could be restricted. I'm not kidding, wish I was. Check out seller ID BSB-1, he is my buddy. See his negatives, the one left on March 7 2013 is the case I refer to.
    Collecting Ryan Murphy. Always looking to add PC Cards. Show me what you have to trade or sell!

SCF Rewards
    Country

how much should I charge for shipping?

Hi all, need some advice. I recently sold some cards on ebay and someone bought 3 cup base cards from me for ~$6.00. I normally charge $2.50 for each auction but I offered a combined shipping of $6.50 ($1.00 discount); It would actually cost me $6-$8 ish to ship the cards (based on estimate from canadapost website) + costs from ebay and paypal. Do you think $6.5 is a reasonable charge? I obviously cannot offer free shipping then I would be losing money on the transactions.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Andrew_zachary1988's Items on eBay

If you are shipping within Canada and it's only 3 cards, you should be able to ship it through regular mail which should only cost you $2.50.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the reply. The $2.5 is enough for normal letter post. But I am talking about 3 cup cards. How would you suggest to package the 3 cup cards? I used a plastic loader box which is about 2.5cm in height and fits 4~5 cup cards. It would be too thick with a bubble mailer to be shipped as letter mail. The whole package weights about 180g too. What do sellers normally do to minimize the shipping cost and at the same time protects the cards well?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm sure you are correct - a sad state of affairs. Since I really don't sell much anymore (and can use an altie if I really need to), I'm willing to do whatever it takes on this one. PayPal has released the initial hold on the $3, but if I lose it then no big deal. BSB-1 is awesome, been buying from him for years...lots of repeat buyers, so I don't win much from him anymore, but a true example of a great eBay seller. Let him know that for me.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You should be able to make a little "sandwich" with two thick top loaders and one of the cards in the middle (sleeved), slap two thin decoys for support and wrap it all in a team bag. I've been buying Dominion base and they arrive just fine like that and should allow you to ship for under $3. Fair price for shipping is actual plus about a buck for supplies, etc. in my opinion.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Is BSB-1 a store, a consignment operation, or what?? The selection week in & week out is AMAZING........if only I had more money............

Every time I win something I get a little personal note from Blair, one of the best sellers period.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have been eating the supply cost myself actually. With what you suggested, I just took a measure: three cup cards with the sleeves are 1.2cm thick. add 2 decoy, that's another .8cm; a bubble mailer is about .5cm thick; so total thickness without the top loader is already 2.5cm thick. It won't fit as a letter post. The cost might be slightly cheaper because of the weight. But have you had any complaints from people for not using top loader? I have seen many posts on SCF regarding that type of complaints. cheers

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

I have been eating the supply cost myself actually. With what you suggested, I just took a measure: three cup cards with the sleeves are 1.2cm thick. add 2 decoy, that's another .8cm; a bubble mailer is about .5cm thick; so total thickness without the top loader is already 2.5cm thick. It won't fit as a letter post. The cost might be slightly cheaper because of the weight. But have you had any complaints from people for not using top loader? I have seen many posts on SCF regarding that type of complaints. cheers

I sell Cup cards regularly, in a 22x15 cm(standard size) bubble padded envelope you can easily ship 3 cards each in a top loader for $1.34 plus GST.

Page 52 of 282 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562102152 ... LastLast