Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 64 of 282 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774114164 ... LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Some people think that they've hit gold just because they have a "case hit" or "Group A" item. At the end of the day, it's still a card of Player X and no amount of SSP'ing is going to make a significant jump in its value unless it's from a hotly contested set-building project. Had a similar experience recently with an SP'd and DAMAGED Josh Gorges auto card that the seller expects will fetch more than three of his Cup RC's combined.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

My first bunch of auctions in a loooooonnnnng time just ended. I've been a lucky guy over the years, only a handful of horror stories. But these are new and exciting times we live in my friends!!! And this is minor, to say the least..........

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121143834702&ssPageNam e=ADME:X:RTQ:CA:1123#ht_330wt_1043

I get this message AFTER the auction is over, the guy's only had, ya know, the last SEVEN days to ask.......

"HI.Did this card come from a pack or did you have it signed.if it the later i don't want it.Yor title is very confusing becase aren't all cards hand signed?
    Thanks"

To which I reply.........

"Really? THAT'S what you're going with? And you wait until the very end to tell me that you don't want the card.
    No, it did not come from a pack. My auctions are listed as "auto" for pack-signed cards and "signed" for signed-after-the-fact cards. You seem to be the only guy out there who didn't grok on to that fact.
    If you don't want the card that's fine, but I'll be filing with eBay to get my sellers fees back."

To which I get...........

"Do you have a certificate of authenticity?"

To which I reply..........

"Bahahahahaaa!! No. COA's aren't worth the paper they're printed on, and Henri Richard isn't in the TTM COA business. My man, you have a HUGE feedback score, you've obviously been playing with hockey cards for a long time......no offense, but if you're gonna make a stink about an $8 card, just take the NPB hit and carry on with life eh?

Cheers"

The winner's feedback is 6000+, I mean, COME ON!!

Like I said, no big deal, but...........wow.

So then I get THIS!!!!!

"Your right i should have asked first.Even if you had a certificate i would have bought the card.The 8.00 don't mean much but i have enough cards autographed by the guy next door,that i just don't need anymore.I use my fireplace a bit so i get some use out of them anyway."

The funny thing is that I DO have a COA from Henri/Pastime Sports from the last time he was in town and I got something else autographed.

Did you know that there's a new "Report This Buyer" dingus right in between "Positive" and "I'll Leave Feedback Later"........did you know that??? I think I'm gonna get my 8 bucks worth of satisfaction.................

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Michigan Wolverines Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @kylemclaren7 See kydollarsign's Items on eBay Instagram:

I'm not sure if this is against the rules or not but I feel the need to vent! I was watching this listing yesterday and didn' win the auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-14-Trilogy-JORDAN-SCHROEDER-d-24-49-Rookie-Auto-148-Level-3-/181178299349?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item2 a2f1173d5#ht_562wt_1200

I found this listing for the same card and thought the seller's price was ridiculous so I made an offer of basically the same as the other one ended for $43 (I don't know what the shipping charges would be so it's a few bucks lower).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310708091953?ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFFX:IT&_trksid=p3 984.m1432.l2649#ht_36wt_1170

Response: declined. Message attached: "Is that all its worth I think I'm gonna throw it in the garbage thanks for the low ball offer."

I decided to make another offer of $45. Granted it's not much more than the last offer but it bugs me when people don't send counter offers... I include this message: "Basically the same price as the last one sold for. No one is going to pay $500 for it that's for sure! Good luck selling it. Keep your head in the clouds."

A bit of a snaughty message but I don't think the response I got was warranted at all. Anyways,

Response: declined. Message attached: "Last chance clown good luck PS watch your mouth you might get reported."

So i decide to make a final offer anyways because I wanted the card. $50 offer. But as I hit enter I get a message that says the seller is no longer accepting offers from me and he/she doesn't accept questions or messages from other members. LMAO!

Good business.

One of my BIGGEST pet peeves is ppl who don't make counters. As a seller I counter you within 10 minutes. Either click decline and say we're too far apart, or click counter ffs.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mholt49's Items on eBay

Selling Redemption Codes On Ebay

I have Bought Alot of redemption cards from My fellow Americans Across the Border And Canadian Friends..I Buy the Card Ask for the Code which Saves Shipping Costs and Shortens the time i have to recieve and redeem the card...At the same time I leave Positive feedback Immediatly after the Auction if Seller Agrees to Send the code Via messege..Then He Sends me the code...from what i heard as long as i leave Pos feedback im agreeing i have Accepted the terms of the sale and have recieved My Package...The Seller Then marks as Shipped

What Is Everyones thoughts On this Matter !!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

Even if a buyer leaves a positive, if the seller has no proof of delivery, ie a tracking number, a case can be opened against the seller.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have bought a few redemptions too and had the code sent and the actual card i asked to be sent in mail just to have if any issues, worked good.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think both you and the seller are crazy.

Under certain circumstances, I would do what you are suggesting. There are a few sellers on eBay that I have bought cards from many times, and I would probably do exactly what you said, if I were dealing with (and buying a redemption card). Could say the same thing about many members on SCF too.

If I do not know the seller though, not a chance I would leave positive feedback until I've punched in that code, and see that it works. In fact, I would want redemption card in hand, so if there is any problem with it (until I get the real card) I have all bases covered.

From the seller's perspective, even with positive feedback - there is no gaurentee that you wont open a dispute.

I will also add, that the only redemption cards I've ever purchased (rather than pulled) were for Ranford stuff, and I wanted the redemption card for my PC anyway.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

One of my BIGGEST pet peeves is ppl who don't make counters. As a seller I counter you within 10 minutes. Either click decline and say we're too far apart, or click counter ffs.

This! I can't stand somebody who won't counter, I mean what does it hurt?

Take today for an example, Guy had a card listed for $499 and I made a low ball offer of $75 (I always start off with a lowball figuring if he counters that will tell me if he's open to negotiating or not) and sure enough he countered. Had he clicked decline on the lowball offer he wouldn't have made a $200 sale. Even if somebody gives a lowball offer a good seller should always counter, you never know what could come from it! People who click decline or ignore offers just don't want to sell I guess. Personally I get more frustrated at sellers who don't even respond to offers and let them sit for 48 hours and auto decline (expire), thats worse than actually clicking decline IMO.
    Last edited by MattDMC; 07-22-2013 at 07:10 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Michigan Wolverines Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @kylemclaren7 See kydollarsign's Items on eBay Instagram:

This! I can't stand somebody who won't counter, I mean what does it hurt?

Take today for an example, Guy had a card listed for $499 and I made a low ball offer of $75 (I always start off with a lowball figuring if he counters that will tell me if he's open to negotiating or not) and sure enough he countered. Had he clicked decline on the lowball offer he wouldn't have made a $200 sale. Even if somebody gives a lowball offer a good seller should always counter, you never know what could come from it! People who click decline or ignore offers just don't want to sell I guess. Personally I get more frustrated at sellers who don't even respond to offers and let them sit for 48 hours and auto decline (expire), thats worse than actually clicking decline IMO.

it is because you're in a limbo and waiting. This happens to me ALWAYS: $40 BIN with BO, someone will offer me $12, I'll counter and say $28 within seconds (which is more than fair of a counter IE: not insulting to their valuation). I have the eBay app on my iPhone, so it takes maybe a full minute before the full process plays out. I would guess they're not off eBay that fast after making an offer, they're probably looking at other things. Yet THEY SIT THERE AND LET THE OFFER EXPIRE. If you do that to me once I will not counter you anything reasonable anymore EVER. Those people are eBay scum to me, have some courtesy.

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dnjcards's Items on eBay

Is it normal for buyers not to leave feedback on Ebay? Ive sold 9 things in the past 2 months and have had only 3 people leave feedback. I have just started selling and am trying to establish a good selling feedback score but its kind of hard when people dont bother leaving feedback. I offer free shipping in the States, and ship that day or the next to make sure it gets to the buyer in good time as well as leave feedback right away when they make payment. As a buyer i make sure to leave feedback as soon as i get the item and inspect it to make sure everything is ok.

Am i doing something wrong or is this just another frustrating regular practice on ebay ?

Page 64 of 282 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774114164 ... LastLast