Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 89 of 282 FirstFirst ... 39798687888990919299139189 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 73ToppsMann's Items on eBay LinkedIn

centrehice - $1.50 to Canada for 5 cards? How much lower was he expecting? That's a great shipping cost, especially for 5 cards. I hope eBay keeps their word with you regarding his possible negative.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

So a few days back a guy bought two Roy signed 8x10's and a Hasek signed number. Guy got a great deal. How good a deal? You couldn't buy ONE Roy pic at AJ's Sportsworld for the price he paid, including XpressPost. But be that as it may...

Cliff's Notes...
    Item shipped in a timely fashion? Yes.
    Item shipped XpressPost as paid for? Yes.
    Items arrived in condition described? Yes.

Should be a slam-dunk +1 feedback with glowing review right?

So imagine my shock when he's ranting at me and then DEMANDS that I give him $20 or he's going to leave me a negative feedback. Now, when I sent his invoice I gave him the choice to have everything combined via XpressPost or go standard, the latter of which means that we ship each item separately. He chose XpressPost, so he agreed to the shipping & handling charge as listed. That's pretty black and white, yeah?

He gets everything all at once, no having to wonder whether they'll deliver all three pics on the same day, worrying about one getting lost/damaged, etc.

I fulfill my obligations EXACTLY as per his request and payment terms and he's trying to extort $20 from me on pain of a negative. Simply amazing.

This is the ultimate argument in favour of restoring the ability for sellers to leave negative feedback for buyers.

In case anybody wants to add to their eBay block list, this individual's ID is 325141
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

What is his reason for his attempt at extortion?
    If He leaves you negative now it will be removed. Keep the emails. No matter what they say in the feedback it will be removed because of the extortion attempt. I've have 3 or 4 removed without an issue in the past.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

He's under the impression that he was supposed to receive all three pics separately via Xpress. This is false...and from my perspective a horrid idea as I'd be losing quite a bit of money on shipping.
    Some people on eBay are very special.

SCF Rewards
    Country

He's under the impression that he was supposed to receive all three pics separately via Xpress. This is false...and from my perspective a horrid idea as I'd be losing quite a bit of money on shipping.
    Some people on eBay are very special.

Um, that is the dumbest thing Ive heard in a long time. Why would anyone ship that way? And why would a buyer want three different packages?
    Is this a case where the buyer thinks $20 or whatever you charged is too much for xpresspost? Maybe let them know how much it actually costs to ship that way and they might understand.
    Either way though, you will get a negative removed from this buyer if they leave one, due to the extortion attempts.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

A Nasty Trick That eBay Defaults To, When You Are Listing

This has happened to me twice. Now this applies when eBay grants you 500, 5000 or 80,000 or 90,000 free listing by invitation.

Often times eBay will one week offer BIN Free Listing, then the next promotion they offer Auction with BIN. They always switch it up.

Here is where they get you !!!!

Many of you notice that when you are switching from a free week of 4-5 days of free BIN, you go back into your profile and click auction, so that it opens up the empty auction box for the switch in promotion the following promo that has to have an auction starting point.

Often, the page jumps when you scroll down too fast to hit the "Continue" button.

When this happens and it does not continue because you have been scrolling too fast, what eBay does with your click, is it secretly adds - A Gallery Promotion - cost - .35 cents. This is where your click manifests itself because of haste.

This happened to me yesterday to the tune of $7.31 cents before I caught it. Now the big Kicker. Once you miss hit this Gallery Addition even though you did not mean to click on it, eBay Automatically adds a .35 cent charge to every card that you next bring forward from your Unsold List. Dirty bustards.

Be very careful, or you will spend half an hour on the bloody phone with eBay yelling at them like I did. This is a default mechanism that they put in to WORK you for extra listing money with a Gallery Addition that NOBODY ever uses.

Make sure that any Unsold Items whether they are re-listed, or listed again under "Sell a Similar Item, do not have this bogus feature added because you were too fast on the Continue Button like I was.

Cheers!

Tim

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes they caught me on a small handful of those a couple weeks back too. Wasn't overly impressed. It's not like i don't bring in enough revenue for them as it is.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Um, that is the dumbest thing Ive heard in a long time. Why would anyone ship that way? And why would a buyer want three different packages?
    Is this a case where the buyer thinks $20 or whatever you charged is too much for xpresspost? Maybe let them know how much it actually costs to ship that way and they might understand.
    Either way though, you will get a negative removed from this buyer if they leave one, due to the extortion attempts.

He's beyond reason, this one. This morning I said that he was a textbook example of why eBay needs to allow sellers to leave negative/neutral feedback for buyers. Just because they pay doesn't mean they're a good customer.

SCF Rewards
    Country

He's beyond reason, this one. This morning I said that he was a textbook example of why eBay needs to allow sellers to leave negative/neutral feedback for buyers. Just because they pay doesn't mean they're a good customer.

Richard, I'm dealing with something kind of similar. Buyer won 5 auctions. Paid right away, and I shipped right away. They started 4 claims today. They said they only got one card and want the other 4 they paid for. I responded and said that all 5 cards are in the same toploader. They haven't replied but I feel a few lost claims coming as the items were sent without tracking due to the low value of the cards. It is a fairly new ebayer with only 67 feedback. Hopefully they do the right thing and end the claims.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

We need eBay user names for everyone pulling shenanigans so that we can put them on on our Blocked Bidders list.

Page 89 of 282 FirstFirst ... 39798687888990919299139189 ... LastLast