Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 38 of 282 FirstFirst ... 28353637383940414888138 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

Something to be on the alert for people. Not sure if people know this but my primary business is internet marketing - and as such I've dealt with a lot of unsavories. Last night my break auctions were hit with a number of @outlook.com bidders, most with 0 feedback, all just placing 1 bid and disappearing. NONE have paid. All have an email/ebay id characteristic that forms a trend - a name followed by two numbers. Here are some examples - zeilinmickles81, avalynstecki57, thailynweare42, sayveonmaunder17, asberryhenslee58, jaquelarobert04, danieliafiato48, marquianreyenga44, tulliomanross83. Now normally I see 1 or 2 zero feedback people winning an auction every week. Not 7 as was the case in 1 night, so that sent up alarm bells. The ones with feedback had only done purchases in China & their positive feedback was from Chinese sellers.

Just wanted to raise everyone's awareness levels here. Someone is trying to run a scam.

edit: forgot to add.. all their shipping addresses are to the UK. Someone's trying to build feedback on accounts to pull a larger scam IMO
    Last edited by rydlar99; 04-23-2013 at 09:56 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dendron8's Items on eBay

ebay box breaks online... why is it a 'bonus' to get the cards?

seems like a lot of the ebay box breaks say that the winner of the auction gets a link to the video break, and as a bonus you get the hits for your team.. does anyone understand why this is worded in this way? why wouldnt they just say you are bidding on the hits for your team?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tristanwolf's Items on eBay

because policies are so stupid, since box breaks are a technically "game of chance", you are buying, a link to the video, a pen, a business card, whatever to keep it legal even though everyone knows what's going on.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

My suggestion is to stay away from ebay box break. Often seller will get a case and once they got the case hit then they will run the rest of the boxes this way and you can't really be sure other hits will not be remove from a box. I think it's much safer to use a site like SCF to be part of online box break then some done on ebay. Does not mean you will get cheat but chance are you might. Trust is important when you enter a online box break. I would never use eBay for such thing myself.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Although I agree wholeheartedly with coolhandluke and recommend safety, I must say I've only had good experiences with ebay breaks.
    I would suggest bidding cautiously or try a less popular team. Also, depends what you are looking for. I only want Selanne cards, so the ducks are a cheap team to bid on. Bigger hits can cost you a lot more

I usually try my luck with the same 3-4 sellers on mid-end stuff or older boxes, bid a max of 5$ and actually hit a string of crazy cards in the past few months.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tristanwolf's Items on eBay

lots of good honest group breakers on here too- enigma, rybowski, rchurchward, doneiceage, stl sportscards and ramjak sportscards to name a few.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I certainly understand where you're coming from, especially as a buyer.

But as a seller, can't I use the same argument? Is the $2.50 really a dealbreaker to YOU?

Not my card, but just the other side's point of view. You know, why should I come down in price? Why don't you go up?

It's an old car salesman's trick. They haggle until you're not all that far apart then ask if you're going to let this $30,000 car go over $500 or $1000. Most people think about it and give in.
    Smart people ask the salesman the same question and get a better price ;)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It's an old car salesman's trick. They haggle until you're not all that far apart then ask if you're going to let this $30,000 car go over $500 or $1000. Most people think about it and give in.
    Smart people ask the salesman the same question and get a better price ;)

very true. I was leaving over a $995 added option charge but rather me leaving they waived the charge before getting to the card
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

very true. I was leaving over a $995 added option charge but rather me leaving they waived the charge before getting to the card

Exactly. The guy is in sales, not storage. He wants that car gone and the $1000 is nothing to him in the grand scheme. Even a guy selling cars on commission doesn't see much difference over $1000.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

My suggestion is to stay away from ebay box break. Often seller will get a case and once they got the case hit then they will run the rest of the boxes this way and you can't really be sure other hits will not be remove from a box. I think it's much safer to use a site like SCF to be part of online box break then some done on ebay. Does not mean you will get cheat but chance are you might. Trust is important when you enter a online box break. I would never use eBay for such thing myself.

Fully agree with you, I've seen lots of fly-by-night breakers come and go on eBay. That said there are a few good ones. That said I can't say that any other site would be more secure (even this one), it's all about how the video/live is done to ensure every single card is shown. What it really comes down to is trust, if a breaker delivers solid hit after hit, you know they're probably ok.

As a breaker, let me tell you though there are hundreds of people trying to scam the people actually doing the breaks as well.

Page 38 of 282 FirstFirst ... 28353637383940414888138 ... LastLast